F*@k Soa!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Same thing happened to me... I had to provide a piece of binder paper that said I changed my oil @ xmiles, xmiles, xmiles, etc. They can tear the engine apart and look for scouring on the heads if they wanna be ****. They wont find isht if you did in fact change your oil like you said you did.

Weak sauce man... Sorry to hear it.

PS: I got a new engine out of mine... since it was not my fault AT ALL.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:20 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by brucelee
Same thing happened to me... I had to provide a piece of binder paper that said I changed my oil @ xmiles, xmiles, xmiles, etc. They can tear the engine apart and look for scouring on the heads if they wanna be ****. They wont find isht if you did in fact change your oil like you said you did.

Weak sauce man... Sorry to hear it.

PS: I got a new engine out of mine... since it was not my fault AT ALL.
lucky.

I'm actually worried about the motor as I believe the turbo has been blown for a long time now and I've been reporting odd motor behavior to them for like a year and a half or more.

we'll see what happens.

I'm very **** about oil changes.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
lucky.

I'm actually worried about the motor as I believe the turbo has been blown for a long time now and I've been reporting odd motor behavior to them for like a year and a half or more.

we'll see what happens.

Oh man... I hated that, when I would bring my '03 into Carlsen telling them it was making new noises or whatever - they would always find a creative way to tell me something like "Subarus just do that" or something. Carlsen and the people there are what convinced me to cash in my extended warranty before it started, and sell my WRX. I vowed then and there I would never buy another Subaru that was under warranty. Pretty sad...
Old 04-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: ever changing vehicles...
I hope SOA is reading this... I hate the "subarus just do that" explanation.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:48 AM
General Pimpin'

yeah...I won't be doing another extended warranty....no way. waste of dough.

that $1900 could have paid for about another 70hp..haaa. almost..haaa.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
lucky.

we'll see what happens.

Have BAR talk to the dealership/SoA, I since their attitude will change very quickly

especially if it says on record that you have been complaining about the car burning oil for as long as you say it has been
Old 04-23-2007, 12:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by GT35 STI
Have BAR talk to the dealership/SoA, I since their attitude will change very quickly

especially if it says on record that you have been complaining about the car burning oil for as long as you say it has been
I think this is a good idea, especially with the history as mentioned. Best thing would be oil receipts PLUS this and I would think you would be covered.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:17 AM
General Pimpin'

should ask him why SOA isn't honoring my 100k warranty even with 30 plus pages of DEALERSHIP maintenance records and ZERO history of abuse.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:09 PM
General Pimpin'

bump...nothing yet.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:19 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB 4EAT VF34 Kit w/AP
I dont know if it was brought up yet, But when my turbo died, Marc at Santa Cruz informed me that the turbo is a goverment something or other part and has an 80k warranty. Thats right, 80,000 mile warranty. To bad mine had way more then that. It sounds like Stevens Creek was ignoring you untill you exceeded the warranty then they can tell you to go pound sand and you cant argue it. If you have proof that youve complained about the problem while you were under 80k, stick to your guns and battle.

Good luck dude.

(I took advantage of my dead turbo to upgrade)
Old 04-24-2007, 08:44 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Don't think this had anything to do with stevens creek. He went to santa cruz subaru and its actually subaru of america not letting him do it under warenty.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:26 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 4URABUS
That 80K mile warranty sounds like the California extended emissions warranty. Usually that only applies to expensive emission control parts, like ECU's and catalysts. Since turbo failure would have a big effect on emissions, and it's an expensive part, he may have a leg to stand on if the issue was brought up before 80K miles had passed. Since the car probably wouldn't pass a smog test in it's current condition, this could be significant.
interesting. if this is the case I will be very upset. the words my turbo is either dead or dying came out of my mouth to the guys at the dealership around 35,000 miles ago...no joke.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:33 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB 4EAT VF34 Kit w/AP
Talk to Marc in Santa Cruz. I brought my car in with the turbo making a buzzing noise and he confirmed the turbo is going. He then asked how many miles I had, I had about 118k at the time. He said I missed the 80k warranty on the turbo.
If they inputed into their system that you had a turbo issue and needed it looked at, and you were under 80k at the time, Have them reprint the document. I think to have a leg to stand on, they need to have put it in their system as a service tag.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:42 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by nerrad5
Talk to Marc in Santa Cruz. I brought my car in with the turbo making a buzzing noise and he confirmed the turbo is going. He then asked how many miles I had, I had about 118k at the time. He said I missed the 80k warranty on the turbo.
If they inputed into their system that you had a turbo issue and needed it looked at, and you were under 80k at the time, Have them reprint the document. I think to have a leg to stand on, they need to have put it in their system as a service tag.
already talking to marc. he knows me well.

I am over 80k as well but that never came up as I'm sure they're all aware I've been having issues for quite some time.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
If within the 3 year/50000 mile, whichever comes first, defect warranty period, your vehicle fails to conform to applicable requirements and that failure is the result of a defect in any part which affects emmisions (turbo is listed), that part will, subject to all other terms and conditions of this warrany, be reparied or replaced by an authorized SUBARU dealer at no charge to you for labor and materials(including adjustments and diagnostics).

a little more reading

SOA will not deny a warranty claim solely because you have no record of maintenance; however, SOA may deny a warranty claim if a failure to preform required maintenance resulted in the failure of a warranted part. The receipts and maintenance records should be fiben to each subsequent owner of the car.

Quick Reply: F*@k Soa!!!!!!!!!