F*@k Soa!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 01:22 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
F*@k Soa!!!!!!!!!

Ok......story.

First off I want to say I love my guys at Santa Cruz Subaru this is not on their end.

Ok. So I purchased my car in 2003 with 10 miles on it along with a gold 100k warranty for $1890.

I had the dealership do all scheduled maintenance for the first 60,000 including oil changes. Actually probably the first 72,000.

I have ZERO warranty voiding engine mods. ZERO.

I have done all scheduled maintanence including a new timing belt and water pump EARLY.

I started compaining of oil smoke issues and loss probably 40,000 miles ago. They couldn't find it. I said blown turbo MONTHS ago. seriously...search my name and blown turbo.

Finally I took it in at 92,000. Got an oil change and complained again. This time nothing. Took it in again at 97,000 and they finally said blown turbo and power steering pump going.

So Santa Cruz Subaru says cool we'll get you the parts...under warranty. All but $44 for hoses...I say sweet thanks.

I got a call a few minutes ago stating that SOA is regecting the claim because of a 20,000 mile gap in oil change records.....I did them myself at home.

Santa Cruz subaru does 60,000 miles free oil changes or I would have done almost all of them myself.

WTF does an oil change have to do with a blown turbo or power steering pump.

I was planning on getting a subaru for my wife and probably another one for me in the next couple years. If SOA is this ****ty to FAITHFUL customers then I'll find someone else that wants my money and support.

I've heard of people getting modified motors replaced under warranty. MOTORS. I've heard of people getting motors replaced AFTER their standard warranty ranout.

why not support the people that PAY for the ****ing warranties.

I'm getting married. I can not afford $2-3000 right now. This is bull****.

once again....not upset with santa cruz subaru. they have been awesome since day one. I love them. this is on SOA.

edit: mods...if this isn't resolved by SOA soon I'd like this moved to the general forum as well as all should know about this. I'll end up reposting this on every board. I am a GREAT customer when I'm treated right and can be a thorn in your side when I'm ****ed over and this is a raw no lube ****.

Last edited by OneManArmy; 04-20-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:26 PM

Wow... I'd fight it, tooth and nail.

Best of luck, dude.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
did you read the fine print. i know its a bs thing, but there is all kinds of stipulations in there.

i would fight it though. if they are not going to stand behind the warranty you should at least get your money back which would pay for the problem to get fixed.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:28 PM

Car Info: 05 Audi S4... trying to mod the driver!!!
I had a very similar issue with our VW... do you have any receipts proving that you bought oil and/or oil filters? I had to go through a few years of records finding receipts that I had filed away. That worked for me.

I wish you the best of luck.. I totally understand your frustration as it was a fight for me against VW and I eventually won.

Another option is to ask to have Santa Cruz pull the pan and inspect parts of your engine that would indicate if you did indeed not change the oil for 20k.... You can even offer them that you will pay the fees for them to do that work if they look at those parts and determine that you have not done the oil changes!

Last but not least, a letter from a lawyer might be helpful (this is always my last resort (almost was with VW)).

My lawyer said (about my issues with VW) that I should get the work done and then take VW to small claims court (up to 5k I think). No lawyers are allowed in small claims court so it really comes down to if the judge believes you or not/is reasonable.

Best of luck to you.

lndbrusr
Old 04-20-2007, 01:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
the only one that pisses me off is mark the service advisor he never wants to do anyting
Old 04-20-2007, 01:32 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
show receipts for the oil you bought

they will not be able to deny the claim
Old 04-20-2007, 01:34 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by VRT Gump
did you read the fine print. i know its a bs thing, but there is all kinds of stipulations in there.

i would fight it though. if they are not going to stand behind the warranty you should at least get your money back which would pay for the problem to get fixed.
I don't have it with me but I remember specifically asking if all scheduled maintenance and changes needed to be done at a dealership to maintain warranty and they said no. That is why I started doing them myself or by certified shops like GST.

You can ask the dealership...I've been pretty spot on with my maintenance.

why buy a $1900 warranty if they're not going to support it?
Old 04-20-2007, 01:34 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
damn, that sucks, keep us updated dood, fight it for sure!
Old 04-20-2007, 01:35 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by lndbrusr
I had a very similar issue with our VW... do you have any receipts proving that you bought oil and/or oil filters? I had to go through a few years of records finding receipts that I had filed away. That worked for me.

I wish you the best of luck.. I totally understand your frustration as it was a fight for me against VW and I eventually won.

Another option is to ask to have Santa Cruz pull the pan and inspect parts of your engine that would indicate if you did indeed not change the oil for 20k.... You can even offer them that you will pay the fees for them to do that work if they look at those parts and determine that you have not done the oil changes!

Last but not least, a letter from a lawyer might be helpful (this is always my last resort (almost was with VW)).

My lawyer said (about my issues with VW) that I should get the work done and then take VW to small claims court (up to 5k I think). No lawyers are allowed in small claims court so it really comes down to if the judge believes you or not/is reasonable.

Best of luck to you.

lndbrusr

my car would BLOW up if I didn't change the oil for 20,000 miles.

I will contact a lawyer if need be.

I literally have 1100 miles left on my warranty. that's it. That's like 3 weeks TOPS.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:36 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by BLUEJ20
the only one that pisses me off is mark the service advisor he never wants to do anyting

mark has been great with me.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:37 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
show receipts for the oil you bought

they will not be able to deny the claim
I don't usually keep reciepts for walmart and I usually pay everything with cash.

I'll see what I can find. I know I purchased like 5 oil filters at once from the dealership and those stupid gasket deals you have to change every time on the nut.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:38 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
they must've found all the nawz!
Old 04-20-2007, 01:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
^^ hahah ****ing hugo
Old 04-20-2007, 01:56 PM

Car Info: 05 Audi S4... trying to mod the driver!!!
Yea... I had (this was about a month ago) 98k miles on my vw gti. The dealership had our car for a month while we did this little dance.

end result--vwoa picked up the tab on a new set of cams and lifters on the vr6. I had changed the oil every 5k miles (vw calls for 10k intervals) with mobil 1. The rest of the motor is pristine but I had to go through old piles of receipts to prove that I bought filters and oil.

It was a painful, frustrating experience though.

I did read my powertrain warranty and then the extended warranty papers for the VW.. sure enough it said (for the extended) that I need to have proof of buying oil and filters if I am doing the oil changes myself. I kicked myself for that a bit (not reading till I needed to). I was a little pissed that VW was only interested in checking off the box stating that I had receipts instead of going by the intent (there are other ways to check to see if I have been neglecting the motor's maintenance).

lndbrusr

Last edited by lndbrusr; 04-20-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:00 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by lndbrusr
Yea... I had (this was about a month ago) 98k miles on my vw gti. The dealership had our car for a month while we did this little dance.

end result--vwoa picked up the tab on a new set of cams and lifters on the vr6. I had changed the oil every 5k miles (vw calls for 10k intervals) with mobil 1. The rest of the motor is pristine but I had to go through old piles of receipts to prove that I bought filters and oil.

It was a painful, frustrating experience though.

lndbrusr

yeah...I've had some work done at shops but most of it I've done myself (oil changes). I buy all my filters from SC subaru and mobil 1 from either costco or walmart.

Quick Reply: F*@k Soa!!!!!!!!!