Evolution of a hipster

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 11:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Oh, and I think hipsterism of yesteryear included not only the drinking of PBR, but the wearing of PBR merchandise. So do my Guinness wallet and Guinness cap make me an Irish hipster?

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 12-24-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by sigma pi
the worst part I have that shirt. But I got it after the amazon review and the office had it. So I didnt have it before krinkov

ALPHA HIPSTER = KRINKOV
Right here buddy!!

Name:  flip.gif
Views: 11
Size:  272.0 KB
Old 12-24-2010, 12:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by VTRZA
Sorry bud but anyone who goes out of their way to look like a broke homeless douche kind of deserves the ire of everyone. And tight capri pants?

People don't hate hipsters just because of there clothes man either, they hate them because of their attitude, their cheapness, and their absolute conformity whilst trying to be non conformist.
Amen!!!

Originally Posted by slugrx
haha nope, ive been wearing basketball shorts and white tshirts as loong as i can remember...have maybe two pairs of pants that i wear when its cold, then a few sweatshirts and a jacket...

i bought a subie because there is no other comparable 4 door sedan IMO...turbo awd, reliability...ive never worn a monster ken block crap haha

born and raised in sf, yes i hate on hipsters because of the same reason vrtza said "People don't hate hipsters just because of there clothes man either, they hate them because of their attitude, their cheapness, and their absolute conformity whilst trying to be non conformist"

they are just douches who are over running the city ive been living in all my life...a few moved in next door to my parents house in the richmond district...

out front all day making noise, "skating" aka lets flip our boards and let them smack the ground and never actually land a trick, rolling in the street on their fixed gears getting in traffics way, leaving coffee cups, pbr cans and cigarette butts, having parties, just being disrespectful on a street that is more than 60% elderly folk..no respect and arrogance is why i dont like most hipsters...

and yeah i hate tight pants and pbr is garbage
Amen!!!

Originally Posted by buzzword
U ALL MAD lol.

I think VRT said it best - "we're all douches". Can you imagine what the BMW enthusiasts say about us? Probably the same type of bullcrap we say about the Honda crowd.

One of society's biggest flaws is that there is no accounting for personal taste. That's why I posted what I did - as a criticism of this community's spearing of another. At the end of the day, who cares? Aside from slugrx who has a vested interest in the preservation of his neighborhood, almost none of you really have a dog in this fight - myself included. My flaw, if we're pointing, is that I love stirring the pot. Judging by the responses, consider it stirred.

FWIW, pbr is foul and unfit for my consumption.
I went from a Bimmer to a WRX in '01.

Originally Posted by Krinkov
Right here buddy!!

HAHAHAHHAHA!!!!
Old 12-24-2010, 02:24 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
So none of you have ever changed things about your personal style or musical taste because of what you see going on around you?

Read: buying a Subaru, wearing ugly Monster Energy Ken Block SRTUSA billboard t-shirts and hoodies, etc? Same shiz different day. The only thing ironic about anything in that picture is that people from outside that demographic deemed it as such. Chances are if you hate hipsters - or any other group for that matter - you're either one of them or were rejected by one at some point.

/hijack
No I dont have the DC subaru Ken block stuff. The subaru stuff I have was for free. The only thing I actually use that is subaru branded is the coffee cup. Its a pretty good.

The amount of douche bag is high with these people.

Sorry we have offended you hipster.

Originally Posted by Krinkov
Right here buddy!!

Old 12-24-2010, 02:26 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Who would buy it?
I would if you made it in XXL
Old 12-24-2010, 02:30 PM
9 to 5 mod

U ALL MAD lol.

Aside from slugrx who has a vested interest in the preservation of his neighborhood, almost none of you really have a dog in this fight
Can i send so cal hipsters to nor cal?
Old 12-24-2010, 02:44 PM

Car Info: Panty Buncher
they are appearing far more frequently in San Jose now, GTFO my souf bay
Old 12-24-2010, 03:08 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by VTRZA
they are appearing far more frequently in San Jose now, GTFO my souf bay
OK the bus caravan will swing by there to take them to SF
Old 12-24-2010, 03:11 PM

Car Info: Panty Buncher
OK the bus caravan will swing by there to take them to SF
**** that, take them to the farralons and shell them with battleships. it's the only way to be sure
Old 12-24-2010, 03:14 PM
VIP Member

PLEASE! I don't want them cluttering up my bar ordering PBR when I open my Coffee & Ale House in San Diego.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:21 PM
VIP Member

Aside from slugrx who has a vested interest in the preservation of his neighborhood, almost none of you really have a dog in this fight
Thanks for that Cpt. Morality.

The way I see it, trick isn't to ignore that things about others are annoying or bothersome, but realize that everyone is going to get under the skin of someone, and get over it. With a world population of nearly 7 billion, it is inevitable. So maybe it is time t get off that high horse and stop acting like an innocent observer. I'm sure there is some group you cannot stand. Or are you the reincarnation of Mr. Rodgers?

Hippies?

Rednecks?

Racists?

Canadians?

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 12-24-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:27 PM
9 to 5 mod

PLEASE! I don't want them cluttering up my bar ordering PBR when I open my Coffee & Ale House in San Diego.
oooo post in SCIC when you do

wide awake drunks.
Thanks for that Cpt. Morality.

Get off your high horse and stop acting like an innocent observer. I'm sure there is some group you cannot stand. Or are you the reincarnation of Mr. Rodgers?

The way I see it, trick isn't to ignore that things about others are annoying or bothersome, but realize that everyone is going to get under the skin of someone, and get over it. With a world population of nearly 7 billion, it is inevitable.

Hippies?

Rednecks?

Racists?

Canadians?
I tried to join the KKK. I was on their website and was reading the propaganda. They hate blacks mexicans and jews. They never say asian so I said was asian and didnt see anything against us so I wanted to join. I never got an email back
Old 12-24-2010, 03:30 PM
VIP Member

oooo post in SCIC when you do

wide awake drunks.

I tried to join the KKK. I was on their website and was reading the propaganda. They hate blacks mexicans and jews. They never say asian so I said was asian and didnt see anything against us so I wanted to join. I never got an email back
Gotta mix those uppers and downers man!

Yeah, I'd try calling them. Given their slow paced social maturation, I'm not so sure they quite grasp the concept of email. But I shouldn't bash them, I don't have a dog in that fight
Old 12-24-2010, 04:00 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Just say racist stuff in the email and be hardcore and maybe you'll get an invite. LoL

Last edited by iLoqin; 12-24-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:30 PM

Car Info: Reason
blah blah blah
U STILL MAD LOL

You're welcome to keep making assumptions about me and my likes/dislikes, but you're not likely to land on anything remotely approaching the truth.

Feel free to send however many hipsters you want from southern to northern CA - won't bother me any, as they're highly unlikely to move to Marin county.

Quick Reply: Evolution of a hipster