Evolution of a hipster

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 02:03 PM

Car Info: Type 53
girl from 2007 please.

(yes i know they're the same people on repeat)
Old 12-23-2010, 02:13 PM

Car Info: Panty Buncher
I kicked all the hipsters out of my bar, back to the mission. Hahahaha my buddy will is alpha hipster, he bartends at ZG and benders in the mission. The last time I saw him he was sporting tight above the knee cutoff jeans. DX
Old 12-24-2010, 07:29 AM

Car Info: Reason
So none of you have ever changed things about your personal style or musical taste because of what you see going on around you?

Read: buying a Subaru, wearing ugly Monster Energy Ken Block SRTUSA billboard t-shirts and hoodies, etc? Same shiz different day. The only thing ironic about anything in that picture is that people from outside that demographic deemed it as such. Chances are if you hate hipsters - or any other group for that matter - you're either one of them or were rejected by one at some point.

/hijack
Old 12-24-2010, 08:14 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by buzzword
So none of you have ever changed things about your personal style or musical taste because of what you see going on around you?

Read: buying a Subaru, wearing ugly Monster Energy Ken Block SRTUSA billboard t-shirts and hoodies, etc? Same shiz different day. The only thing ironic about anything in that picture is that people from outside that demographic deemed it as such. Chances are if you hate hipsters - or any other group for that matter - you're either one of them or were rejected by one at some point.

/hijack
I have to agree with you here. Although I enjoy reading this stuff, I don't really understand holding hatred for any particular group of people simply based on their style/fashion/label. Most people follow some kind of trends and the ones who make it a point not to follow any trends and be "original" are usually labeled as weird. I say stop the hatred and let people wear what they want. Does that makes me a hipster?

-- Ed
Old 12-24-2010, 09:40 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
For all it's worth, I was rocking Nautica Competition jackets and baggy jeans in high school with bulky Nike Air Max trainers. I put Wu-Tang logos on my backpack.

What does that say about me? I couldn't dress for crap when I was in high school.

P.S. For all you 18 and under kids out there reading this. Wu-Tang Clan was one of the first REAL (good) hip-hop supergroups before Young Money and every rapper that spit a verse on a single DJ Khaled record.

Last edited by Hollandaze; 12-24-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Who would buy it?
Attached Thumbnails Evolution of a hipster-untitled-1-01.jpg  
Old 12-24-2010, 10:25 AM

/hijack

Sorry bud but anyone who goes out of their way to look like a broke homeless douche kind of deserves the ire of everyone. And tight capri pants?

People don't hate hipsters just because of there clothes man either, they hate them because of their attitude, their cheapness, and their absolute conformity whilst trying to be non conformist.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:46 AM
VIP Member

/hijack
As someone that drives my Subaru (which I got because it was fun to drive and reliable without knowing anything about the existence of the community) while listening to something along the lines between Dream Theater and traditional Celtic music I can assure you that your theory of "you're either one of them or were rejected by one at some point." is not as deep as you believe it to be, and makes you sound as douchey as hipsters themselves. Guess what, we're all douches. Your "innocent bystander" attitude does not exclude from this, sorry. Now go crack open another PBR ya hipster

Merry Christmas douches!
Attached Thumbnails Evolution of a hipster-76424_1707723852325_1214929356_31933810_3496257_n.jpg  

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 12-24-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:57 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan

/hijack
haha nope, ive been wearing basketball shorts and white tshirts as loong as i can remember...have maybe two pairs of pants that i wear when its cold, then a few sweatshirts and a jacket...

i bought a subie because there is no other comparable 4 door sedan IMO...turbo awd, reliability...ive never worn a monster ken block crap haha

born and raised in sf, yes i hate on hipsters because of the same reason vrtza said "People don't hate hipsters just because of there clothes man either, they hate them because of their attitude, their cheapness, and their absolute conformity whilst trying to be non conformist"

they are just douches who are over running the city ive been living in all my life...a few moved in next door to my parents house in the richmond district...

out front all day making noise, "skating" aka lets flip our boards and let them smack the ground and never actually land a trick, rolling in the street on their fixed gears getting in traffics way, leaving coffee cups, pbr cans and cigarette butts, having parties, just being disrespectful on a street that is more than 60% elderly folk..no respect and arrogance is why i dont like most hipsters...

and yeah i hate tight pants and pbr is garbage
Old 12-24-2010, 11:06 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Who would buy it?
black in XL. Kthxbai!
Old 12-24-2010, 11:08 AM

Car Info: Reason
U ALL MAD lol.

I think VRT said it best - "we're all douches". Can you imagine what the BMW enthusiasts say about us? Probably the same type of bullcrap we say about the Honda crowd.

One of society's biggest flaws is that there is no accounting for personal taste. That's why I posted what I did - as a criticism of this community's spearing of another. At the end of the day, who cares? Aside from slugrx who has a vested interest in the preservation of his neighborhood, almost none of you really have a dog in this fight - myself included. My flaw, if we're pointing, is that I love stirring the pot. Judging by the responses, consider it stirred.

FWIW, pbr is foul and unfit for my consumption.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:13 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
U ALL MAD lol.

I think VRT said it best - "we're all douches". Can you imagine what the BMW enthusiasts say about us? Probably the same type of bullcrap we say about the Honda crowd.

One of society's biggest flaws is that there is no accounting for personal taste. That's why I posted what I did - as a criticism of this community's spearing of another. At the end of the day, who cares? Aside from slugrx who has a vested interest in the preservation of his neighborhood, almost none of you really have a dog in this fight - myself included. My flaw, if we're pointing, is that I love stirring the pot. Judging by the responses, consider it stirred.

haha my dad is a bmw enthusiast, and he jokingly asked me "why do you want a subaru, isnt that a lesbian car?"

and i dont have problems with hondas, i used to own them and my brother and i are building his 91 integra

and yes pbr is foul and unfit ha
Old 12-24-2010, 11:14 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rau
black in XL. Kthxbai!
I need to find an affordable place to get them made first. If/when that happens I'll let you know.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:16 AM

my mom makes tshirts/silkscreening
Old 12-24-2010, 11:39 AM
VIP Member

U ALL MAD lol.

For the record, I only took the picture, I didn't open the cans

Originally Posted by VTRZA
my mom makes tshirts/silkscreening
I was thinking of doing them in blue and black, both with white text. Mind finding out how much it'd be per shirt? I was thinking 12 of each color in large and xL, and 6 of each color in medium. Gracias! Probably should have just PMed this, but oh well.

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 12-24-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Evolution of a hipster