EQ Tuning News and Updates!

Old 06-12-2009, 08:16 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by bmxhotsauce
so far so good i think it will last for a long time man
I'm thinking if I baby my wrx trany I might be able to pull this off lol.

On a side not I really need some kind of new trany because my car can hit some crazy power as soon as I get it lol.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:07 AM

Car Info: subaru
big thanks to ED.. tonight tonight i race a built SC GTO with DR on from a roll. and beat him by half a car. when we first took off i jumped about a car out then at 125 he was running me down hard. i thought that was fast enough.. also the GTO make 554whp so I'm happy i beat him both times we raced.. THANKS ED FOR THE GREAT TUNE
Old 06-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
big thanks to ED.. tonight tonight i race a built SC GTO with DR on from a roll. and beat him by half a car. when we first took off i jumped about a car out then at 125 he was running me down hard. i thought that was fast enough.. also the GTO make 554whp so I'm happy i beat him both times we raced.. THANKS ED FOR THE GREAT TUNE
125? how long did you race? 1/2 mile?
Old 06-14-2009, 08:41 PM

Car Info: Fast
Is it just me that considers it a waste to maintain stock location with a 35r sized turbo?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by johndabrit
125? how long did you race? 1/2 mile?
not sure just a roll race didn't really see how long bro it came up fast. my car should trap 120-122 in 1/4 now
Old 06-14-2009, 09:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
not sure just a roll race didn't really see how long bro it came up fast. my car should trap 120-122 in 1/4 now
Street racing is for idiots...is that what you are?
Old 06-15-2009, 12:25 AM

Car Info: '04 PSM Sti
Originally Posted by aboothman
Is it just me that considers it a waste to maintain stock location with a 35r sized turbo?
why? their making great power and you don't have to buy a whole other rotated uppipe, downpipe setup or have to reroute power steering lines and etc.
________
AROMED VAPORIZER BOWL

Last edited by crfsti; 04-24-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by glenspen
Street racing is for idiots...is that what you are?

no but thanks for being an *******. we did it on my land, i have a few miles of land so make sure you don't talk **** if you don't know anything.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
no but thanks for being an *******. we did it on my land, i have a few miles of land so make sure you don't talk **** if you don't know anything.
A 400whp car and a property that has miles of private drag strip in Fresno. I'm impressed. For a 23 year old, you are a straight baller.

My apologies.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:15 PM

A 400whp car and a property that has miles of private drag strip in Fresno. I'm impressed. For a 23 year old, you are a straight baller.

My apologies.
+1

pics will be needed to verify if you have that much property dude.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by crfsti
why? their making great power and you don't have to buy a whole other rotated uppipe, downpipe setup or have to reroute power steering lines and etc.
The same old argument for stock location vs rotated. We all know that when it comes down to it a big stock location turbos still needs a downpipe, an inlet, an intake, and an uppipe is a good option as well.

Power steering line reroute is a basic mod that is very helpful on even a stock location setup, and as for etc...again, any big turbo setup will require a variety of etc mods, whether it is rotated or stock location.

My point is that for the amount of money, time and effort, a rotated setup seems like the obvious route...unless you want your setup to look somewhat stock...
Old 06-16-2009, 10:39 AM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth

My apologies.
Originally Posted by surfer5567
pics will be needed to verify if you have that much property dude.

that is totally off topic. BAN
Old 06-16-2009, 10:43 AM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by aboothman
The same old argument for stock location vs rotated. We all know that when it comes down to it a big stock location turbos still needs a downpipe, an inlet, an intake, and an uppipe is a good option as well.

Power steering line reroute is a basic mod that is very helpful on even a stock location setup, and as for etc...again, any big turbo setup will require a variety of etc mods, whether it is rotated or stock location.

My point is that for the amount of money, time and effort, a rotated setup seems like the obvious route...unless you want your setup to look somewhat stock...

The real argument for stock vs. rotated is whether you're piecing together mods vs. doing it all at once.

True if I was to do a stock location vs. rotated setup all at once from a 100% stock car, I would not argue against going rotated.

But say you've already got a CAI, turbo inlet, DP, UP from a stock turbo. Or you've got a one-piece header and uppipe that would need to be modified a lot to do rotated - those cases you'd find it much easier to just go stock location.

And this is the situation most people are in. There's relatively few guys who just throw on big power from a stock or near stock setup
Old 06-17-2009, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by verc
The real argument for stock vs. rotated is whether you're piecing together mods vs. doing it all at once.

True if I was to do a stock location vs. rotated setup all at once from a 100% stock car, I would not argue against going rotated.

But say you've already got a CAI, turbo inlet, DP, UP from a stock turbo. Or you've got a one-piece header and uppipe that would need to be modified a lot to do rotated - those cases you'd find it much easier to just go stock location.

And this is the situation most people are in. There's relatively few guys who just throw on big power from a stock or near stock setup

good point bro.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:09 PM

Definitely good points. I guess I just prefer to go through the trouble of selling off my stock-location parts, so that I ensure I have the cleanest, easiest to install and maintain, and best setup in the long run.

Also, I managed to buy a used 30r kit in excellent condition for around the same price as a brand new stock location 30r+ sized turbo. My 30r had about 100 miles on it when I bought it
Cheers!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EQ Tuning News and Updates!