Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by CornFed
Dang my oem port and polished ones aren't doing the job
Those usually don't do a whole lot

-- Ed
Old 06-19-2010, 10:46 AM
SK

Car Info: an EQ tuned box
^^^ Those HP numbers are nice, but it's really the torque digits that have me grinning... That's got to be a ton of fun.

Heh, Ed and his tunes.

Everyone has their favorites, but how many actually had experiences with different tuners other than the current one they're cheering for.

I have, though not by choice... I mean, who wants to keep spending/retuning/chasing gremlins? It's time consuming and frustrating. You pay for something, you want it serve on a silver platter. If anyone feels differently, they're lying, and/or an apologist. If these guys are all hype and hot air, I would take my business somewhere else. Period. Popularity means precisely dick. Only kids play that nonsense.

Good thing Ed is a great guy, with in-depth skills. Hopefully I can go E85 in the near future. In the mean time - it's all envy. Craptastic 91 will have to do for now. lol
Old 06-19-2010, 11:25 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by SK
^^^ Those HP numbers are nice, but it's really the torque digits that have me grinning... That's got to be a ton of fun.

Heh, Ed and his tunes.

Everyone has their favorites, but how many actually had experiences with different tuners other than the current one they're cheering for.

I have, though not by choice... I mean, who wants to keep spending/retuning/chasing gremlins? It's time consuming and frustrating. You pay for something, you want it serve on a silver platter. If anyone feels differently, they're lying, and/or an apologist. If these guys are all hype and hot air, I would take my business somewhere else. Period. Popularity means precisely dick. Only kids play that nonsense.

Good thing Ed is a great guy, with in-depth skills. Hopefully I can go E85 in the near future. In the mean time - it's all envy. Craptastic 91 will have to do for now. lol
Souky, you really have a way with words

Thanks for the continued support my friend!

-- Ed
Old 06-19-2010, 06:48 PM

Car Info: 2005 STI (sold), 2013 STI, 2014 BURRZ
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
This is a car we built about a year ago. The customer wanted more power, so we put in some 850cc injectors and tuned it on E85. The results were great all around. We didn't have to push the tune too hard to get great power and a very nice, smooth powerband. These E85 VF cars are just soo much fun .

- EQ Tuning Stage 1 Shortblock (CP Pistons, ACL Bearings, Forged STI Rods, Balanced/Polished Forged STI Crank, Balanced & Blueprinted to our strict specs)
- EQ Tuning Stage 2 Heads (5 Angle Valve-Job, Bowl Blend, Stock Cams)
- Invidia Catless DP
- Greddy 3" Catback
- GT Spec UEL Headers
- Hallman MBC
- Walbro Fuel Pump
- K&N Typhoon Intake
- PE 850cc Injectors
- RPS Max Series Street Clutch
- Stock VF39, Stock Inlet, stock TGV's etc
- EQ Tuning Custom Tune using Cobb AP V2

Ed, i've got to say that you've truly outdone yourself on this one. She pulls like a *********** and so far is running great! Next wed I plan on hittin infineon so i'll post up how she does. Hoping I can break into the 11's but we'll see! Props to Ed and the EQ crew for doing great work as always. E85 FTMFW!!
Old 06-19-2010, 09:40 PM

Car Info: E85 Tuned
Hit 11's man, The power is there for you for sure man!
Here's my chart from when ED tuned my E85 Setup, granted im only a wrx, but this power netted me a 11.6 time with a 1.7 60ft.
Name:  E85TunedGraph.png
Views: 46
Size:  37.6 KB
Old 06-20-2010, 02:45 PM

Car Info: 2005 STI (sold), 2013 STI, 2014 BURRZ
Those are some nice numbers corn! Well if your results are any indication it looks like i'm good to go!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:20 PM

Car Info: 2006 sti
ed,
i know you dont have a time frame on the sidefeed 1000cc from DW but if you have time could you shoot me some contact info on who i should talk to at DW.these are the last parts i need to get you to tune me on corn.

on a different note a few years ago i had some stickers made that said "got corn?" it was a very dirty inside work joke.i was going to revive the sticker and get a bunch made.ed,if its ok with you i was going to give you 50 or so to hand out to people youve tuned with E85.what do you think?simple black and gold for now.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:35 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
Originally Posted by nation
ed,
i know you dont have a time frame on the sidefeed 1000cc from DW but if you have time could you shoot me some contact info on who i should talk to at DW.these are the last parts i need to get you to tune me on corn.
I emailed David Deatsh over at Deatcshwerks and he said the 1000cc injectors were available on limited release.

Here is the emailed he sent me regarding the injectors.

Steve, We may have some available on a limited release basis within the next couple weeks. We have been keeping a list of interested dealers and customers to contact when they are ready. Would you like me to add you to the list? If so, please send me your contact info and time frame of when you would want to order.

Thank you,
David
I also emailed Shannon at Deatcshwerks and she said later in the summer time they would be releasing more options.
Here is here response

This was just released in our monthly newsletter

"Coming Soon!
1000cc, 1200cc, 1300cc, 1500cc

This summer DeatschWerks will be releasing new larger sizes for many of our applications.

Subaru, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, Honda, and more
All 100% drop in fitment and high impedance
All flow matched and coil matched
Great for E85 tunes"

They should be released in the next month or so. If you provide me with your contact info, I can add you to the list to be contacted once they are released if you'd like?

Thanks!
Shannon

Last edited by XxSti05xX; 06-21-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:51 PM

same email i got.after a long phone call with them back in feb i was promised a set.shannon even followed up with me a couple months later.it just reallyblows because its the last part i need for my tune.i know i could just do the conversion to topfeed but i want to keep it simple and see what it can do.i forsee really good numbers,as does ed and guys.since the weather is getting warmer the time is now for E85.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:03 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
Ya he sent me that email about 2-3 months ago and Shannon was about 3 weeks ago since she last emailed me that info. I'm on the same boat. Pretty much all I need is the injectors and some funds for the tune. Agree with you about the top feed conversion, just trying to keep it simple and effective.

Sucks. The top feed guys have plenty of options but us sidefeeds guys are S*** out of luck.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by XxSti05xX
Ya he sent me that email about 2-3 months ago and Shannon was about 3 weeks ago since she last emailed me that info. I'm on the same boat. Pretty much all I need is the injectors and some funds for the tune. Agree with you about the top feed conversion, just trying to keep it simple and effective.

Sucks. The top feed guys have plenty of options but us sidefeeds guys are S*** out of luck.
ill let you know how moday goes.im going to call and see if $$ talks and if i can get a set soon.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:56 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Last I heard from Mike @ deatschwerks is that they would be doing a second round of beta testing soon and were at the top of the list for the next set of test injectors. They seem to be having some dellays. There is always the injector dynamics option with their conversion kit.

Thanks
-- Ed

Last edited by EQ Tuning; 06-21-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:02 AM

Car Info: E85 Tuned
ID Injectors!!! =D
Old 06-21-2010, 03:52 PM

let me know if the sticker idea works for you.otherwise ill just throw them up on the FS section
Old 06-21-2010, 04:10 PM

Car Info: 04 java black pearl sti/06 honda ruckus
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
Last I heard from Mike @ deatschwerks is that they would be doing a second round of beta testing soon and were at the top of the list for the next set of test injectors. They seem to be having some dellays. There is always the injector dynamics option with their conversion kit.

Thanks
-- Ed
I will offer my car to you for testing? Ehh ehhhh? Just throwing it out there

Quick Reply: E85 Fun with the VF39 in the Bay Area!