does anyone in nor cal vape/e cigs

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 11:00 AM

Car Info: '14 FXT
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
with a thick wire set up 5/4 wrap

was showing sigma pi yesterday how much it blows
DANG!!! When are we having a meet so you can show me? I bought a Hybrid Elite and got rid of it cuz the setup was so bad. Still have my two RSSTs. Do you completely torch the wick first? Using 28g wire?
Old 09-11-2013, 01:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by carcamper88
DANG!!! When are we having a meet so you can show me? I bought a Hybrid Elite and got rid of it cuz the setup was so bad. Still have my two RSSTs. Do you completely torch the wick first? Using 28g wire?
yea I torch the mesh wick. This was with a 30g set up. Im using 28 flat wire right now with a 5/4 wrap. Its getting 1.6ohms. Stays cool good amounts of vape.

Prep mesh (if you has no torch, you can use lighter or oven range just takes a little bit more time):

1. roll it up with a flattened paper clip tight till it slides into the drip hole
2. 3 torch passes till lit up then dump in water repeat
3. 3 burn runs of PG, re-tighten up mesh
4. wrap the wire, I do gaped at the bottom tight at the top
5. prime the coil quick bumps with a 50% charged battery
6. if a hot spot starts to show kink the positive post wire then start dragging the top coils down
7. You're done when all coils are lit
Old 09-12-2013, 10:13 AM

Car Info: '14 FXT
Thanks LifePlaza! I will give your method a try this today. On my 1st and only RSST build I tried following 'taste your juice' guy's video where he torches the mesh just enough to get rid of the oils but then uses the pulse method to oxidize the areas around the wick only.

FYI, those in SF you have a new vape store! SF Vapor 4994 Mission St., 94112. That's a few blocks away from Geneva. Also is a restaurant starting at 5pm - Kuta Bistro! Vape friendly w/ Filipino food. Haven't tried the food yet but the owner Mark has mini-meets Wednesdays @ 7pm. Soft opening right now for the vape store but it has been a restaurant for a year already.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:15 AM

Car Info: Galaxy Blue 2015 WRX
Just got a krypto glass tank from coolvape on capitol avenue. So far so good! Using their mtn dew flavor as well in it. It runs at 2.2 ohms with their low resistance 510 atomizers that I asked for

does anyone in nor cal vape/e cigs-image-2064190380.jpg
Old 09-16-2013, 12:26 PM

Car Info: 2001 Acura TL - 2016.5 Mazda CX-5
Originally Posted by aznpride65o
Just got a bunch of different colored CE4 tanks in stock and a couple white, blue or smoked mini vivinova 2.5ml tanks in stock. Also have some 900mah starter kits in stock. PM me for pricing. I have a lot of non nicotine juice for sale as well, can do custom vg/pg mixes and flavor mixing.
they have ones without nicotine in them? i didnt know that. are there just as many flavors or is it limited?
Old 09-16-2013, 12:38 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by esousa22
Just got a krypto glass tank from coolvape on capitol avenue. So far so good! Using their mtn dew flavor as well in it. It runs at 2.2 ohms with their low resistance 510 atomizers that I asked for

Attachment 84585
When are you going to come over and show me all your vape toys and juice?
Old 09-16-2013, 01:00 PM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
Originally Posted by Snoopy408
they have ones without nicotine in them? i didnt know that. are there just as many flavors or is it limited?
yep! some companies make them with nicotine only and wont do variation without it. most you can get 0 nicotine in now i believe.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
When are you going to come over and show me all your vape toys and juice?
I wanted to Friday but my dad came home from work with a problem with his 2001 Silverado.. Theres a glown plug or glow plug controller module issue that we've been trying to figure out so I've been stuck researching and doing what I can with that at home. I'll make the effort to call you around 6 once of the days this week where I don't have to work on that stinkin truck. I got your call on Friday but was tied up with that.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:51 PM

Car Info: a very slow car
If any of you guys are into mechanicals & rebuildables and need advice on builds, hit me up.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:50 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
I wanted to Friday but my dad came home from work with a problem with his 2001 Silverado.. Theres a glown plug or glow plug controller module issue that we've been trying to figure out so I've been stuck researching and doing what I can with that at home. I'll make the effort to call you around 6 once of the days this week where I don't have to work on that stinkin truck. I got your call on Friday but was tied up with that.
No worries pm or text me the problem with the truck and if there is cel code(s). We work on Diesels here from time to time.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:34 PM

Car Info: 03 bucket stage 11/32
yep! some companies make them with nicotine only and wont do variation without it. most you can get 0 nicotine in now i believe.
I am curious about this as well, I quit smoking just about a year ago. However, I sometimes still get the craving to light up when heavily drinking around a lot of other smokers and my wife harasses the **** out of me anytime I light up a cigar. If I can get good tasting flavors this might be something to look into.

I am just so confused with where to start. What's a noob friendly setup. Do you have a physical store?
Old 09-18-2013, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by 98eclipseRS
I am curious about this as well, I quit smoking just about a year ago. However, I sometimes still get the craving to light up when heavily drinking around a lot of other smokers and my wife harasses the **** out of me anytime I light up a cigar. If I can get good tasting flavors this might be something to look into.

I am just so confused with where to start. What's a noob friendly setup. Do you have a physical store?
ego battery setup with a iclear30 tank is what I'd recommend. Get a couple extra wicks for the iclear30 as well so you can swap it out once it starts to taste burnt. As far as flavors, there are flavors galore! Anything you can think of that is edible or drinkable they have and of course tons of tobacco flavors.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:01 PM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
Originally Posted by 98eclipseRS

PM'd you, no physical store but plenty of stuff noob stuff in stock (CE4's) and then I can get my hands on some mechanical mods and I carry a variety of non nicotine flavor, can do different variations of VG/PG mixes as well.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:07 PM

Car Info: 03 bucket stage 11/32
ego battery setup with a iclear30 tank is what I'd recommend. Get a couple extra wicks for the iclear30 as well so you can swap it out once it starts to taste burnt. As far as flavors, there are flavors galore! Anything you can think of that is edible or drinkable they have and of course tons of tobacco flavors.
I've noticed that. Hell I saw a Jameson flavor in the small amount of looking around. My concern was more on the non nicotine flavors. Or at least a very low nic amount.

PM'd you, no physical store but plenty of stuff noob stuff in stock (CE4's) and then I can get my hands on some mechanical mods and I carry a variety of non nicotine flavor, can do different variations of VG/PG mixes as well.
Will check it out and get back to you.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
I bought a Chi You clone from fasttech $27.00

$27.00 Chi-you Style Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - stainless steel / with telescopic pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Looks great needed some work to get it working right. Right off the bat the 510 connection pin to the atty needs adjustment. I'd recommend going with the RSST since you can adjust the pin. The bottom trigger has a lot of play due to the spring loaded button. People have complained that the battery is loose inside. You have to dick around with it to adjusting the bottom trigger and the 510 pin to get a solid connection. Other than that it works great.

Not bad for being a clone or copy. 30 bucks versus 300 bucks

Quick Reply: does anyone in nor cal vape/e cigs