does anyone in nor cal vape/e cigs

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 09:10 AM

Car Info: '14 FXT
Originally Posted by zergling
Any recommendations on chocolate flavors?
My favorite cigs are "Black Bats" from the Philippines, and these leave a chocolate-y aftertaste on the lips, so yeah...I want that in vape form LOL
Try Dark Side Delerium from Moon Mountain Vapor. It's like cocoa puffs. They Galaxy Grape and Space Monkey are also very tasty.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:14 AM
vaj

Car Info: 2004 Big Booty STi with a two finger gap.
Originally Posted by carcamper88
Haven't tried XC 116 yet but that seems to be the latest hot item since eckowool. How come 3.1 ohm? I thought the evic couldn't put out that much power or something like that.
I did some research and decided to try ceramic. I got it form bigtex as it was kiln treated.

3.1 because that's what it came out too lol. I was shooting for 2 or so but I'll just try the thicker wire next time. Evic will limit you to about 4.99v or 7.8w with this resistance. Works fine.

Just a noob tinkering haha!
Old 07-25-2013, 10:40 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
LOL first post on this forum and it's in the e-cig thread!

Have you tried using EVOD clearomizer tanks? I've ordered a bunch from fasttech for myself as well as coworkers and they're leak free. Under $3 each when purchasing 5+ units. Replacement heads are under $5 for 5 pack. The bottom coil design lets you get every last drop of e-liquid before you refill. Another one you might want to look at is the iClear 16. Dual coils with lots of wicks. Both look great on ego batteries.

If you want to step it up and get a mod the SVD is a good choice. Love mine. Built like a tank. Vamo V3 is a cheaper alternative. Both work great and have variable wattage.

Keep calm & vape on!
Welcome aboard!

yeah its titled under a subaru board, but it often goes other ways
Old 07-25-2013, 11:39 AM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
Try Dark Side Delerium from Moon Mountain Vapor. It's like cocoa puffs. They Galaxy Grape and Space Monkey are also very tasty.
Thank you for the recommendation! I'll definitely look this up!

Is your buddy local? He mixes his own or rebrand? I'm always looking out for tasty stuff.
Yep, he's local. He mixes his own - made to order 2 weeks in advance for the steeping process. He'll have his online store soon - oliovapes.com. He's active on the FB vape group (??) thing, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone here has actually already met him in person.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:07 AM
vaj

Unwrapped my 3.1 coil... lol...

Built another one with 3/2 wraps of 34 Kanthal and that one is running at 2.5ohm. Not too bad.

So, I took the 3.1 and used a twisted 34ga wrap (similar in size/ resistance to 28ga) and with a 4/3 wrap on 1/16 xc-116 in a kanger atty head = 1.8 ohm.

Success!

( I feel a little silly building coils for these but ya gotta start somewhere.)
Old 07-29-2013, 09:05 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by vaj
Unwrapped my 3.1 coil... lol...

Built another one with 3/2 wraps of 34 Kanthal and that one is running at 2.5ohm. Not too bad.

So, I took the 3.1 and used a twisted 34ga wrap (similar in size/ resistance to 28ga) and with a 4/3 wrap on 1/16 xc-116 in a kanger atty head = 1.8 ohm.

Success!

( I feel a little silly building coils for these but ya gotta start somewhere.)
Sweet!!! You got to start somewhere
Old 07-30-2013, 09:35 AM
vaj

Right? Haha!

These coils/wick taste way better than the silica. They keep up with 100% VG no problem and I can finally turn up the heat.

Getting the hang of making all coils fire at the same time was a little tricky but now that they do, success!
Old 08-01-2013, 06:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Slowly
I started reading this thread because I enjoy smoking, and those vapes out at VJJ on Wednesdays smell delicious. Then it got complicated, haha. Sounds like most of you guys have modded your vape more than I've modded my car.

Guess I should just head into a local shop and see what is really going on here. Looking to get into vaping, but at a minimal effort/cost level.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:40 PM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

Car Info: '02 WRB Bugeye Wagon
I was in the same boat, still am actually.

<----Noob!

check out where I got mine, the flavors are delicious too!

Volcano E-Cigs
Old 08-02-2013, 09:02 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by Goss408
I started reading this thread because I enjoy smoking, and those vapes out at VJJ on Wednesdays smell delicious. Then it got complicated, haha. Sounds like most of you guys have modded your vape more than I've modded my car.

Guess I should just head into a local shop and see what is really going on here. Looking to get into vaping, but at a minimal effort/cost level.
So did I.

The hardest part is finding a juice you like. The rest is easy, its just a battery and holder for the battery, and the part to hold juice and vaporize it.

Only two parts, not that complex.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:47 AM

Car Info: '14 FXT
Originally Posted by Goss408

Local shops tend to mark-up up to 200% on the hardware and at least 50% mark-up on the juice! However, if you're new to this they can be a good source of help. My friends went to the place in Redwood City and seemed happy. Expect to pay around $50 for a brand name starter kit from your local vape shop. You could pay less if they use non-branded stuff. And do yourself a big favor, stay away from China e-liquids with no brand name. Those tend to be the worse and will not help with quitting regular (analog) cigs. Mt. Baker Vapor is a good place to start with looking for USA e-liquid. They're cheap and ship to bay area in 2-3 days since they're in WA. Lots of fun flavors. You can even buy the hardware from them if you want. Buy one or two Kanger EVOD clearomizers ($4.50each), a Smoktech passthrough 900mah battery ($19), and some e-liquid ($5+); you are then ready to go!

Last edited by carcamper88; 08-07-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Hey Sigma Pi

The place near my house hired a few of asian ******. 3 girls that are aspiring models. Only a matter of time before viet cafe shops and vape lounges combine
Old 08-07-2013, 10:17 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by LifePlaza
Hey Sigma Pi

The place near my house hired a few of asian ******. 3 girls that are aspiring models. Only a matter of time before viet cafe shops and vape lounges combine
Dude did you let them in on our idea?!!?!?!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 11:03 AM
I paid $200 to charity and all I got was this stupid title... oh, and I'm probably out to sea right now too.

Car Info: '02 WRB Bugeye Wagon
Um... address?!
Old 08-07-2013, 11:20 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by JAC Wagon
Um... address?!
+1 New meet!

Quick Reply: does anyone in nor cal vape/e cigs