does anyone here have any clue???

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:16 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn

https://www.i-club.com/forums/drivetrain-67/serious-clutch-engagement-issue-143237/

i am so stumped.

if you have any suggestions please post it in this thread in bay area.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:03 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
maybe theres a misalignment with the throwout bearing or fork?
Old 08-21-2006, 09:13 AM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
I don't think it was installed properly, lol

Sorry, I dont really know
Old 08-21-2006, 09:24 AM

Car Info: 1990 thing
Try bleeding the clutch?
Old 08-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s

Huck doesnt

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...highlight=clue

heh, okay I replied to your other thread
Old 08-21-2006, 09:32 AM
VIP Member

i am also thinking there is a possibilty of the flywheel, because i didnt get a new one, i just got it resurfaced.. and im thinking that it had been resurfaced before from when my tranny when out and they replaced the clutch and tranny way back in the day.

maybe the flywheel is too far from the pressure plate now for that to make a difference.

i know this was installed correctly, i had a mechanic with me, we can see everything doing its job as it should, we just cannot see what the clutch plate is doing during this as it is too deep into the tranny to look down and see.

i am going to see if i can afford a new flywheel and just tear all down again and put it in. but does that sound right?
Old 08-21-2006, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by evsoul
i am also thinking there is a possibilty of the flywheel, because i didnt get a new one, i just got it resurfaced.. and im thinking that it had been resurfaced before from when my tranny when out and they replaced the clutch and tranny way back in the day.

maybe the flywheel is too far from the pressure plate now for that to make a difference.

i know this was installed correctly, i had a mechanic with me, we can see everything doing its job as it should, we just cannot see what the clutch plate is doing during this as it is too deep into the tranny to look down and see.

i am going to see if i can afford a new flywheel and just tear all down again and put it in. but does that sound right?
I dont think that would be the case, if anything, resurfacing usually makes the cutch disc slip more, because theres now a bigger space for the clutch disct to take up, the resurface doesnt cut where the presure plate bolts to the flywheel so that spacing always stays the same so the presure plate is still in the same place for the TO bearing to depress
Old 08-21-2006, 09:38 AM
VIP Member

jeremy:

yeah we heard the click from the TO bearing, when we pushed the fork back we got the click of the TO bearing being set, and the fork was no longer able to be pushed forward by hand. so we are pretty darn sure that set right..

i dont think we really opened the clutch slave, but we can definetely check that. thanks for the idea Jeremy.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:06 AM

jeremy:

yeah we heard the click from the TO bearing, when we pushed the fork back we got the click of the TO bearing being set, and the fork was no longer able to be pushed forward by hand. so we are pretty darn sure that set right..

i dont think we really opened the clutch slave, but we can definetely check that. thanks for the idea Jeremy.
yeha if it somehow got flopped over it could have gotten some air into the cylinder, that would def only get you partial movement on the piston, give that a shot first since its the easiest thing to do g'luck
Old 08-21-2006, 10:20 AM
VIP Member

ok i will be sure to look into that. i had a friend help me out whom is a mechanic (he owns the shop we did it at) and he said he didnt think it was the slave because of how he disconnected it but its worth looking at before we tear it down again! haha
Old 08-21-2006, 10:34 AM

ok i will be sure to look into that. i had a friend help me out whom is a mechanic (he owns the shop we did it at) and he said he didnt think it was the slave because of how he disconnected it but its worth looking at before we tear it down again! haha
haha, well if he 'disconected it' and you didnt bleed it that means theres air in the line for sure its like a brake caliper, once you pull off that line its going to suck in air. your supposed to unblot the slave from the tranny and let it hang by its line from the clutch MC, think we found your problem

Last edited by Krinkov; 08-21-2006 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:40 AM
VIP Member

well i dont mean we disconnected it from the line, just from the tranny and it hung there waiting to be bolted back to the tranny. even if we did just let it hang there do we need to bleed it? or only if we disconnected the line from it? is it worth bleeding it anyways?
Old 08-21-2006, 10:43 AM

hmm, okay than, you shouldnt have to bleed it then, but it was worth a shot sinces its the easiest thing to do and if the TO bearing is hooked in right and the fork is hooked on right the only other thing I can think of is one of the P plate bolts is backed out, sorry!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

yeah... oh well, atleast after this job is done, i will not fear any job outside of the motor! haha you build a lot of confidence after pulling everything apart to get to the clutch.

thanks a lot for your help jeremy. looks like we are just gonna pull the tranny back out and look at the pressure plate to make sure no bolts came out or loose.

funny story, while i was hooking the hook back up to the tranny for the spring to connect to i dropped the nut into the tranny and was like fuuuck.. i dont wanna have to take this apart, but luckily my buddy had one of those long skinny magnet tools.. after we got the nut out we put that rubber boot back on immediately !! ahha

again jeremy thanks for the help man. its much appreciated.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

and dispite the situation i am still cheered up with your avatar haha.

Quick Reply: does anyone here have any clue???