DIE STi? = The MR is US bound

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 10:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally posted by porkchop
oh cool..Budget's getting their new line of rental cars...
How true,

they take a ****ty interior and make it even more ****ty! WOW sign me up for the "im a big fat loser kunt licker" sticker.
Old 04-09-2004, 02:40 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
i have only one thing to say about that

its still a mitsubishi. . . as awesome as they are the cars will always be weak in terms of value. bottom line is this- - - they had to do this. they were ambushed and defeated by subaru's trump card last year. not only did subaru beat them in 2 categories(high perf and mid perf) but in annual sales as well. . . now mitsubishi is launching their "catch-up" campaign. they procastinated, and lost...for now. hopefully for them subaru doesn't have another trump card.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:10 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx wagon black
Re: i have only one thing to say about that

Originally posted by gdogg
its still a mitsubishi. . . as awesome as they are the cars will always be weak in terms of value. bottom line is this- - - they had to do this. they were ambushed and defeated by subaru's trump card last year. not only did subaru beat them in 2 categories(high perf and mid perf) but in annual sales as well. . . now mitsubishi is launching their "catch-up" campaign. they procastinated, and lost...for now. hopefully for them subaru doesn't have another trump card.
it good to have competion
Old 04-10-2004, 02:57 AM

Re: Re: i have only one thing to say about that

Originally posted by raazin
it good to have competion
i'll consider it competition when mitsubishi actually catches up.

and even then i would like to see some real critics other than magazine editors who have financial interest form the manufacturers of the very car thats being reviewed- to do an unbiased comparison test between the 2. i think it was a sweet and (contrary to every single comparison out there) thing for the sti to get the R&T readers choice award-car of the year.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:18 AM
VIP Member

Originally posted by BAN SUVS
EJ257>EZ30R.
ej22t > *
Old 04-10-2004, 02:15 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Re: Re: Re: i have only one thing to say about that

Originally posted by gdogg
i'll consider it competition when mitsubishi actually catches up.
Actually its the subarus who need to catch up...There are 3 types of EVO's in the US, there are 2 WRX's....the lowest EVO outdoes the Highest WRX(sti) in handling and is not too far off in acceleration.
Old 04-10-2004, 05:26 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx wagon black
Re: Re: Re: Re: i have only one thing to say about that

Originally posted by 02BlackWRX
Actually its the subarus who need to catch up...There are 3 types of EVO's in the US, there are 2 WRX's....the lowest EVO outdoes the Highest WRX(sti) in handling and is not too far off in acceleration.
true
Old 04-11-2004, 02:04 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: i have only one thing to say about that

Originally posted by 02BlackWRX
i may be blinded by my subaru ambiguities. . .
i might be basing my opinions based solely on the market here in hawaii. i guess what i was getting at in terms of catching up . . mitsu procastinated in bringing the evo here in 2002 while subaru blasted on the scene with the wrx. mitsu fans were treated to an awesome "OZ rally edition"(later on) when mitsubishi had their weapon ready to unleash. . . heres come subaru yet to take another bite. mitsubishi was then forced to play the game.

from findarticles.com (2002 records)

"Subaru Impreza recorded sales of 38,226 total units, up a respectable 7% from the previous year, which was a record year for Impreza sales. Impreza sales were largely supported by the very popular Impreza WRX, accounting for 18,376 unit sales since its March introduction."

i really love mitsubishi's i just decided to buy a subaru. . . 2 of them in fact. :banana:
Old 04-11-2004, 02:19 AM

Exclamation BTW

for the record. . . i am a car lover. . .i love mitsubishi's . i think their market really sucks in the u.s.(in terms of value) although they may lead the sti in terms of performance. . . i just don't want one(unless i get filthry rich then i'll own both that and the sti).
i trust in subaru products simply because of the fact that in the past 10 years they have won 6 WRC titles. . .and as a matter of fact mitsubishi dropped out this year to "revamp" their efforts.
am i biased against mitsu? of course i am. i was raised on subarus, i bought 2, and i sell them. am i blinded by it? yes.
do i really care? . . . . nope

:banana:

Oh, STi will nevar die! hopefully the spec c will be an option (another trump card)
Old 04-11-2004, 11:33 AM

Car Info: Evo 8 and WRX (sold)
I guess I'll have a good amount of cars to buy in the next few years.
Old 04-11-2004, 12:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Evo X, 04 STI, 335i, Fit
From a drivers perspective Subaru need to catch up, having driven from stock to mild to wild all forms of WRX, STI and Evo (including more than a few of the older versions not sold here) my personal opinion is that since softening the car for the US market, globally the new age Impreza family has weakened against the Evo.

From a modifying standpoint here in the US it's not even close regarding hp to $ ration between the 4G63 and EJ series.

The above being said I still own and drive 2 Subaru's and will more than likely never buy a Evo, something that cannot be discredited from Subaru is the heritage behind it. I love my Scoobys!

Mike
Old 04-11-2004, 08:49 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
I think it's great that the EVO MR will be making it to the states. It just gives Subaru a chance to answer (think Spec C). The EVO MR and the STi Spec C are fined tuned spec racers and will only be bought by the hard core or well heeled. I think it's great that Japan is slowly understanding that their performance cars have a market in the US. Its win-win for the US sport car enthusiast. I mean look at my situation now. I always picked the WRX STi as my car in Gran Tourismo, now it's parked in my garage.