Craigslist Imprezas...

Old 08-06-2006, 05:27 PM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
Here's a high mileage 2004 Forester XT. One of the cheapest ones I've seen, great if you can't afford the higher priced ones but wanna get into the seat of an XT.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/190370130.html
Old 08-06-2006, 05:53 PM

Car Info: 2006
Originally Posted by pingu
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/188792359.html

Would you believe this guy's claim?

"never raced, never tracked, never taken offroad, never left parked outside for more than a few hours, never parked close to anyone in the parking lot "

And his car has these engine mods:

-Vishnu Turboback exhaust (very deep and not loud)
- Helix Up Pipe
- K&N Drop in Filter
- GP MOTO Intake Elbow
- Ecutek Reflash (~290 crank horsepower protuned at Gruppe-S)

I have trouble believing those claims. If true, then why spend money on the performance mods when if you're not going to use them?

thats my car

if you have any doubts about the above, you can ask anyone that knows me

ucbsti, jdadour, chakming, soundwave, gruppe-s are jus a handful from this forum.

btw i decided not to sell

thanks!
Old 08-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: ever changing vehicles...
oops
Old 08-06-2006, 06:52 PM

Car Info: 2006 OBP LGT

"never raced, never tracked, never taken offroad, never left parked outside for more than a few hours, never parked close to anyone in the parking lot "

- Helix Up Pipe
- K&N Drop in Filter
- GP MOTO Intake Elbow

I have trouble believing those claims. If true, then why spend money on the performance mods when if you're not going to use them?
Actually, I do vouche for his claim. Daniel's got a really clean car. Always takes care of it, it's basically like his lil baby. He doesn't race his cars, we let him drive ours all the time and he never punches it unless we ask him to. It's lowered with 2g wheels and probably has gone through more sets of wheels, especially in dollar amount, than you have in mods. Actually, I can guarantee that haha. He does tend to park hella far from everyone else, because he always talks about how he doesn't want people to hit him so I second that statement.

The mods he has are just basic add ons that a lot of Subaru owners use. There hasn't been any performance upgrades besides that. Now if he is selling his wheels (I think CE's right now) or not with the package I don't know, along with the other dress-up goodies. But he definitely has a clean car that is well taken care of. Damn this guy also owns a Bimmer and Benz at his house and a neighbor that drives a Lotus so yeah...enough said no need to bash this is no doubt a clean car. thx.

-mark @ gs
Old 08-06-2006, 07:01 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?

- Helix Up Pipe
- K&N Drop in Filter
- GP MOTO Intake Elbow

Yes, I would believe his claims as he used to work with me. Everytime my co-workers went to the track and asked him to go, he would politely decline. He pretty much babied the car.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:19 AM

Mines on CL.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/car/187704866.html

I will give a I-club discount!!

MUST SELL!!
Old 08-09-2006, 11:55 AM

Car Info: 05 STi PSM
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/192059760.html
everything looks legit right? ......riiiiiiiight
Old 08-09-2006, 01:52 PM

Car Info: 12 Impreza Wagon, RIP 91 Honda Civic Wagon :(
Very weird.

Last edited by RallyWagon; 08-09-2006 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:34 AM

Car Info: '05 STI
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/191589049.html

If anyone is looking for an STi I'd consider this one
Old 08-10-2006, 10:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by jonp
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/191589049.html

If anyone is looking for an STi I'd consider this one
Ads without prices are dumb, and do not inspire inquiry. With all the STis for sale now, a competitive price is what it will take to sell.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:50 AM

Car Info: '05 STI
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Ads without prices are dumb, and do not inspire inquiry. With all the STis for sale now, a competitive price is what it will take to sell.
What is a competetive price for an '05 STi?

Kelly blue book private party with 29,900 miles in CA:
Excellent $25,875 *(this example should be considered excelent or slightly below from 2 small door dings without paint dmg)*
Good $24,330
Fair $22,170

An '05 with no dmg should be considered Good-Excellent? The car was originally listed at $25,500 obo with mods (which don't up the price, but should help it sell). There were zero emails I just want to get out and go back to school. I'm actually wanting to go to Police Academy lol. Software Development sucks.

What do you think I should re-list it as?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jonp
What is a competetive price for an '05 STi?

Kelly blue book private party with 29,900 miles in CA:
Excellent $25,875 *(this example should be considered excelent or slightly below from 2 small door dings without paint dmg)*
Good $24,330
Fair $22,170

An '05 with no dmg should be considered Good-Excellent? The car was originally listed at $25,500 obo with mods (which don't up the price, but should help it sell). There were zero emails I just want to get out and go back to school. I'm actually wanting to go to Police Academy lol. Software Development sucks.

What do you think I should re-list it as?
Competitive price depends on a lot of things, most notably the market (how many similar cars for sale vs demand), Actual Cash Value of the car (varies, depending on market usually) and what you need to get out of the car. Usually what I do is do my kbb research, then act like I am searching for my car on craigslist. If you have a great car (sounds like it's nice) and you price it a couple hundred less than the rest (also 25,900 is WAAAAY better to the buyer's eye than $26,000 even tho it's only $100 less if that makes any sense) you should be fine.

Really nice pictures also help a lot...

Good luck with your sale!
Old 08-10-2006, 12:27 PM
This Guy Can Hella Draw!

Car Info: '14 MBP FXT | '03 WW Evo VIII
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Really nice pictures also help a lot...
This is true. Take sharp pics, it helped me sell 2 cars on CL.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 06 sgm obs
Originally Posted by d3v3u5
Actually, I do vouche for his claim. Daniel's got a really clean car. Always takes care of it, it's basically like his lil baby. He doesn't race his cars, we let him drive ours all the time and he never punches it unless we ask him to. It's lowered with 2g wheels and probably has gone through more sets of wheels, especially in dollar amount, than you have in mods. Actually, I can guarantee that haha. He does tend to park hella far from everyone else, because he always talks about how he doesn't want people to hit him so I second that statement.

The mods he has are just basic add ons that a lot of Subaru owners use. There hasn't been any performance upgrades besides that. Now if he is selling his wheels (I think CE's right now) or not with the package I don't know, along with the other dress-up goodies. But he definitely has a clean car that is well taken care of. Damn this guy also owns a Bimmer and Benz at his house and a neighbor that drives a Lotus so yeah...enough said no need to bash this is no doubt a clean car. thx.

-mark @ gs

Two of his friends vouched for his babying the car. That's fine. This isn't about the veracity of his claims now. I take issue with your response.

I don't consider an Ecutek reflash and tuning to be a "basic add-on". I'd like to understand why you guys spend money on stuff that isn't going to be used. Is it just a hobby to build up the car so that it has lots of potential, but one never makes full use of the mods??

Finally, mentioning that your friend owns a BMW and Benz is just plain bragging. There's no need to clutter the issue with implying that your friend is rich and lives in a nice neighborhood.
\

Last edited by pingu; 08-10-2006 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:57 PM
VIP Member

Two of his friends vouched for his babying the car. That's fine. This isn't about the veracity of his claims now. I take issue with your response.

I don't consider an ECU reflash and tuning to be a "basic add-on". I'd like to understand why you guys spend money on stuff that isn't going to be used. Is it just a hobby to build up the car so that it has lots of potential, but one never makes full use of the mods??

Finally, mentioning that your friend owns a BMW and Benz is just plain bragging. There's no need to clutter the issue with implying that your friend is rich and lives in a nice neighborhood.
\
An ECU reflash can be considered a driveability mod. I did this on my '03 WRX as my first (and only for 15k miles) mod. It makes the car WAAY easier to drive, and so you don't have to downshift in lower gears as much - thus saving the transmission. It also gives you the handy fuel saving "girlfriend mode" where you have much less power to mess with.

I spent $670 on this mod and I feel like I used it every day. This is not to say that I abused my car because I feel I never did. So basically, I can see how a reflashed car could be not abused. I also know people who buy WAAY more car than they need or can use, because they enjoy them - not because they beat on them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Craigslist Imprezas...