CoD Modern Warfare 2 OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 09:10 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Silverpike
I don't post here much, so none of you guys probably know who I am.

However, your statements about the 360 are laughable. The 360 outsells the PS3 by a huge margin for any cross-platform game. So much so, actually, that the 2 people I know who work for 2 of the biggest game companies (gotta keep the anonymity to protect their jobs) routinely consider not releasing for the PS3 simply due to the tiny payoff. Supporting the PS3 totally sucks from a developer standpoint, because Sony has horrible dev tools, and a crappy online experience. It's reaching the point that some companies no longer want to pay the price of supporting the PS3.

The 360 doesn't need exclusive titles; any multi-platform game will easily outsell a PS3 port any day of the week. Sony's complete mis-management of the PS3 user experience as well as the non-existent multiplayer API virtually guarantee the PS3s slow demise.

Also keep in mind I'm not a console gamer; I'm mostly a PC gamer (which is the ultimate dying platform in fact ).
PS3 costs more why would it sell more?
Xbox was teh loser with the HD DVD add on you had to buy

PSN is fine, not great but fine
no one made a big fuss when the XBL was down for a month and paying is lame

RROD
Old 06-04-2009, 09:19 AM

Car Info: '05 black c6
I was going to post about how both consoles are equally good. Sigma essentially posted both systems are equally bad

As for the 360's rrod, I was going to say it's a non-issue, but more problems just keep cropping up on the platform, year after year. The 360 is just flat out one of the worst quality consoles ever made.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:21 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by Batto
I was going to post about how both consoles are equally good. Sigma essentially posted both systems are equally bad

As for the 360's rrod, I was going to say it's a non-issue, but more problems just keep cropping up on the platform, year after year. The 360 is just flat out one of the worst quality consoles ever made.
its before 11AM im in a bad mood and mr negative until lunch
Old 06-04-2009, 09:28 AM

You need a hug

or a picture of some roadkill

Old 06-04-2009, 09:32 AM
9 to 5 mod

just hose it off :lol;

thanks for teh pic
Old 06-04-2009, 09:33 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I have to say that that's the first time I've seen a pcture so disturbing, yet so amusing, at the same time.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:40 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I sux at this:

Old 06-04-2009, 09:55 AM

Car Info: A crazy ass wagon ! Voltex and 18x9.5 +22 FTW !
LMAO ! microsoft paint FTW !
Old 06-04-2009, 01:18 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta

However, your statements about the 360 are laughable. The 360 outsells the PS3 by a huge margin for any cross-platform game. So much so, actually, that the 2 people I know who work for 2 of the biggest game companies (gotta keep the anonymity to protect their jobs) routinely consider not releasing for the PS3 simply due to the tiny payoff. Supporting the PS3 totally sucks from a developer standpoint, because Sony has horrible dev tools, and a crappy online experience. It's reaching the point that some companies no longer want to pay the price of supporting the PS3.

The 360 doesn't need exclusive titles; any multi-platform game will easily outsell a PS3 port any day of the week. Sony's complete mis-management of the PS3 user experience as well as the non-existent multiplayer API virtually guarantee the PS3s slow demise.

Also keep in mind I'm not a console gamer; I'm mostly a PC gamer (which is the ultimate dying platform in fact ).
So because multi-platform games sell more on 360 makes the 360 a better console? WOW! I now see where your coming from and how game sells make the 360 a better console As for your crappy online experience comment, that would be the developers fault, not Sony's. The developers run the online-gaming servers for their games, not Sony. Besides what your "developer friends" say about making games for the PS3, care to show me where other developers have said the same? Others have said its easier to make a game for 360 rather than PS3 due to the PS3's Cell technology, but Guerrilla Games and Naughty Dog have both stated how its not that hard and have created amazing games.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:35 PM
9 to 5 mod

i know peeps at EA and THQ

they havent said anything

PS3 is the better machine going based on the hardware
you get what you pay for

OH and they both own a PS3

Last edited by sigma pi; 06-04-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:48 PM

The biggest reasons why multi-platform games sell more on the 360 vs the ps3 are
1: Bigger install base on the 360
2: Previous experiences of multi-plats have shown various better results on the 360 opposed to the 360, either in graphics, in-game lag, install times, etc. There are always exceptions, but the majority of the past releases have shown this to be true.

Also previous console generations have proven the superior machine of the generation hasn't always equated to "the best console", if sales and such were what dictates what "the best console" is.

IMO the games are what make a console, not the hardware. Hell I bought a Dreamcast 'cause I wanted to play Dead or Alive 2, and a Neo Geo Pocket Color for Gal's Fighter. Both of which were miserable failures from a company chairmain's perspective, but damned if I didn't have fun playing those rediculous games.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius

Who are the 2 people? Gamestop employees?

Are you looking at sales here or on a world spectrum?
Old 06-04-2009, 02:24 PM
VIP Member

last time i check the sales records on all the consoles:

Wii 50.3 Million
Xbox360 30.2 Million
PS3 22.73 Million

Hows the online experience on the Wii?

Bottom line COD MW2 is going to sell by the truck loads. I'm looking forward to a sudden spike in internet usage all across the world once this game comes out.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:38 PM

Last I heard, online gaming on the Wii was bordering PITA realms (needing to deal with the friends codes just to play people) and nearly automatic (I think you would just wait for vs in guitar hero). That was like back when SSBM came out, and even then I never even bothered playing it I imagine they've gotten better/easier to get into online multiplayer.

The Wii is also another great example of the technically weakest hardware outselling the more powerfull hardware. Problem with the Wii is they're falling into the same trap they did back with the gamecube - relying mostly on 1st party games, with a few sparkling 3rd party gems. This time around though, there's copious amounts of absoute shovelware you need to wade through just to get to any gems. This is the reason why my online experience on the Wii is non-existant; there's nothing to try it with. I will admit I haven't tried Mario Kart on the Wii, even though I bought it, I just gave it to my sister

Also (I'm about to shoot any possible credibility away here) I will admit I never played COD4 online. I waited to get the game when I found it on the PC for 20 bucks, and by then I was afraid of how badly behind the world I'd be This time around, I'll pick it up right away
Old 06-04-2009, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by c279a

and I don't like how you have to pay to play online for the 360, buy a system, pay for my regular internet serivce and then pay to play the 360 online. **** that, I enjoy the free ps3 online just fine.
I thought you are hi-jacking wireless from your neighbor?

Quick Reply: CoD Modern Warfare 2 OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!!