CoD Modern Warfare 2 OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 12:52 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Talking

Originally Posted by brucelee
If the graphics are anywhere near that, I'll be all over that like bukkake on a shameful wife.

boy... sig line of the year, if you ask me...

lol..................
Old 05-26-2009, 12:59 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by Krinkov
looks like its half in-game cut scenes and half gameplay, you can see one section that even says "Checkpoint Reached" up in the corner so yeah it should be amazing

watch it again. except for one blip that lasted less than a second, looks like all those are cut scenes or specially rendered scenes for this trailer...

that CHECKPOINT REACHED lasted like half a second.

if the game play on this is like anything on COD4, then no thanks...

sure the graphics on COD4 kicked *** over my preferred game, JOINT OPERATIONS by novalogic, but i just couldnt get used to

1. earning weapons per game play. in JO, you have access to all weapons
2. no binocs, even for the sniper. what the heck is all that about?

after giving COD4 about a couple weeks of online game on the PC, i stopped and went back to JO. the game play is wayyyyyyyy better.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by downsti
wait?

isnt COD4 for Playstation 3 also?

how is that a win for Xbox? its coming out for PS3 also

Xbox360 is slowly dying, while PS3 has so much planned, so many exclusive titles, while the xbox360 basicly very little to none,

-----

as for graphics wise id have to say,

Killzone 2 still KING of console graphics, its far better graphics,

here check it out

Modern Warfare 2 ( direct feed HD quality )
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/re...-warfare/49655

Killzone 2 Gameplay ( RECORDED FROM A VIDEO CAMERA but HD quality )
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ce...llzone-2/44191

PS3 owners you guys should pick up a copy of Killzone 2 that game is really ****ing intense, Multiplayer online is so damn insane and so fun, single player is just as intense if not better than CoD4

and Graphics is insane
Sean, xbox360 isn't dying. There's more users on XBOX live for COD: WaW, and modern warfare 1. However, more PS3 users bought street fighter 4. xbox has a better online system for multiplay.

personally, i own a ps3, but I only got it for bluray and metal gear solid 4. Most of my friends who own both, generally stick to the xbox360. more games, better gameplay. they only go on PS3 if i play zombies or something with them
Old 05-26-2009, 03:17 PM

Car Info: 2012 G37S / Sold 06 WRX
I got my ps3 for the exact same reason, played thru MGS4 twice and well... watched maybe 4 blu-rays on it and thats it haha.

Will definitely be on MAG tho
Old 05-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by ldivinag
watch it again. except for one blip that lasted less than a second, looks like all those are cut scenes or specially rendered scenes for this trailer...

that CHECKPOINT REACHED lasted like half a second.

if the game play on this is like anything on COD4, then no thanks...

sure the graphics on COD4 kicked *** over my preferred game, JOINT OPERATIONS by novalogic, but i just couldnt get used to

1. earning weapons per game play. in JO, you have access to all weapons
2. no binocs, even for the sniper. what the heck is all that about?

after giving COD4 about a couple weeks of online game on the PC, i stopped and went back to JO. the game play is wayyyyyyyy better.
there were a couple other first person perspective scenes that were clearly from the game, like the snowmobiles were def gameplay.

Really though, Im not too concerned about how much of the trailer was gameplay, the first COD4s graphics, art direction, and level design were already amazing, I dont need any more convincing from Infinity Ward than it will be anything less that before. And I dont buy a game just for multiplayer, I want a decent first person story for my 50 bucks than you, and outside of halflife, COD4 was hands down the most Immersive FPS story Ive played through.

And wow, youre the first person I have EVER heard complain about being able to upgrade/customize weapons in any game. As far as mulitiplayer goes, I would get bored with it pretty quick if it didnt offer some sort of goal or objective to be gained like weapon uprgrades. Its like using the codes in Gran Turismo to unlock all the cars and get all the money, once theres nothing to earn the game gets boring real quick.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:45 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
Looks gorgeus. I'm getting it.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:05 PM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
im not much of a gamer but I loved the first one and am really looking forward to this one
Old 05-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
+1 krinkov. to me, the halflife series had one of the best stories ever.

that and the metal gear saga. there's a 5th one comin out you know
Old 05-26-2009, 11:19 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
SO cal VS Nor cal
Old 05-27-2009, 01:19 AM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
yeah but for me Socom and GT4 were such a dissapointment especially after all the DELAYS that i have now dropped anything playstation and will never return. (big blue ray player now)

plus i like xbox live over ps3 online and xbox = USA

but yeah for me the ps3 has been nothing but a big black box of TALK hype and let downs

it might be this and that and blah blah blah (xbox360 <>= ps3) but seriously the games have all been crap imo

So I guess you've never seen Uncharted 1&2, inFAMOUS, Killzone 2, GT5:Proluge/GT5, GOW 3, and MGS4? Just to name a few recent/releasing exclusives off the top of my head. SOCOM didn't do too well because they weren't ready server wise, and GTA4 is multi-platform not PS3 exclusive.

360 got any exclusives coming this year or next?? Not a thing this year, and next year isn't looking good either unless they drop some huge news at E3. Its ok to be mad that the 360's hype train has come to a stop. Keep paying for Live and no web browser, we're enjoying free online gaming and a full web browser just fine.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:30 AM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Originally Posted by yayitzian
Sean, xbox360 isn't dying. There's more users on XBOX live for COD: WaW, and modern warfare 1. However, more PS3 users bought street fighter 4. xbox has a better online system for multiplay.
That honestly proves nothing about the 360 not dying. All your saying is more people play COD on 360 than the PS3, yet both games are a year or two old. What Sean is saying, is that the 360 is slowly dying because nothings lined up for the future of it. The only notable exclusive the 360 has this year (so far) is Halo Wars and Forza 3. Everything else is multi-platform.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
More geek pr0n...

Check out the trailer for Biowares "Star Wars: Old Republic"

I'm trying to not let it get me too excited since it is only a cinematic trailer, but this is honestly the greatest trailer I have ever seen, EVAR! And if anyone can pull it off its Bioware.

Honestly, as a Star Wars freak, this trailer was better than the whole last episodes 1-3 movies. This is how it SHOULD have looked and felt Lucas! Seriously give Bioware 100 million to make their own Star Wars movie to get the bad taste of the last three out of our mouths!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...49936?type=mov
Old 06-04-2009, 12:09 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX bugeye
Originally Posted by 04Impreza
That honestly proves nothing about the 360 not dying. All your saying is more people play COD on 360 than the PS3, yet both games are a year or two old. What Sean is saying, is that the 360 is slowly dying because nothings lined up for the future of it. The only notable exclusive the 360 has this year (so far) is Halo Wars and Forza 3. Everything else is multi-platform.
I don't post here much, so none of you guys probably know who I am.

However, your statements about the 360 are laughable. The 360 outsells the PS3 by a huge margin for any cross-platform game. So much so, actually, that the 2 people I know who work for 2 of the biggest game companies (gotta keep the anonymity to protect their jobs) routinely consider not releasing for the PS3 simply due to the tiny payoff. Supporting the PS3 totally sucks from a developer standpoint, because Sony has horrible dev tools, and a crappy online experience. It's reaching the point that some companies no longer want to pay the price of supporting the PS3.

The 360 doesn't need exclusive titles; any multi-platform game will easily outsell a PS3 port any day of the week. Sony's complete mis-management of the PS3 user experience as well as the non-existent multiplayer API virtually guarantee the PS3s slow demise.

Also keep in mind I'm not a console gamer; I'm mostly a PC gamer (which is the ultimate dying platform in fact ).
Old 06-04-2009, 12:25 AM

Car Info: 2007 WRX Tr
Soooo pumped man!
Old 06-04-2009, 12:35 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: FORD PINTO
Originally Posted by Silverpike
I don't post here much, so none of you guys probably know who I am.

However, your statements about the 360 are laughable. The 360 outsells the PS3 by a huge margin for any cross-platform game. So much so, actually, that the 2 people I know who work for 2 of the biggest game companies (gotta keep the anonymity to protect their jobs) routinely consider not releasing for the PS3 simply due to the tiny payoff. Supporting the PS3 totally sucks from a developer standpoint, because Sony has horrible dev tools, and a crappy online experience. It's reaching the point that some companies no longer want to pay the price of supporting the PS3.

The 360 doesn't need exclusive titles; any multi-platform game will easily outsell a PS3 port any day of the week. Sony's complete mis-management of the PS3 user experience as well as the non-existent multiplayer API virtually guarantee the PS3s slow demise.

Also keep in mind I'm not a console gamer; I'm mostly a PC gamer (which is the ultimate dying platform in fact ).
the ps3 is not gonna go away, if anything the crapbox 360 is the one that will die first.

ps3 - blu-ray
360 - none, had an hd-dvd add on that you had to buy and we all seen what happen there. The 3 red rings of death crap?

and I don't like how you have to pay to play online for the 360, buy a system, pay for my regular internet serivce and then pay to play the 360 online. **** that, I enjoy the free ps3 online just fine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CoD Modern Warfare 2 OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!!