In case you didn't have enough reason to not be able to tolerate Occupy Oakland.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:18 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
In case you didn't have enough reason to not be able to tolerate Occupy Oakland.

Occupy Oakland stashes $20K gift in Wells Fargo | www.ktvu.com

OAKLAND, Calif. — A group of Oakland anti-Wall Street protesters who blame large banks for the economic downturn have decided that one of those institutions is the best place to stash their money for now.

Protesters at an Occupy Oakland meeting Monday voted to deposit a $20,000 donation into a Wells Fargo account. The move comes just days after one of Wells Fargo's branches was vandalized during a massive downtown demonstration.

An Occupy statement says the money only will be with Wells Fargo temporarily while they work to establish an account with a credit union or community bank. Protesters say it was the easiest way to access the money to bail out people from jail.

Wells Fargo spokesman Ruben Pulido says the move demonstrates that Occupy Oakland recognizes the value and service the bank provides its customers.
CN: They got $20k from OWS, they deposited it in Wells Fargo. Face, meet palm.

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 11-10-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Identifier of i-Club members

Car Info: 2009 wrx
fail!!!!only a few days after asking people to take their money out of major banks and put it in credit unions. one might have thought they would have already had some credit union information figured out already. i support the main theme behind the occupy movement but it seems like too many small groups are using the movement to empower and use their own personal beliefs as "for the cause". personally i dont see the point of attempting to fight police in the streets with a "non-violent" protest when the police are using flash bombs, tear gas, o.c. spray and rubber bullets against people who are being no violent. i mean look at what the cops did yesterday in berkeley just watch the lower left hand corner

Last edited by dub599; 11-10-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:06 AM

Car Info: 03 wrx
Originally Posted by dub599
fail!!!!only a few days after asking people to take their money out of major banks and put it in credit unions. one might have thought they would have already had some credit union information figured out already. i support the main theme behind the occupy movement but it seems like too many small groups are using the movement to empower and use their own personal beliefs as "for the cause". personally i dont see the point of attempting to fight police in the streets with a "non-violent" protest when the police are using flash bombs, tear gas, o.c. spray and rubber bullets against people who are being no violent. i mean look at what the cops did yesterday in berkeley just watch the lower left hand corner
I was there in person earlier today, my friend actually took that video lol. They were outside the building up until around 11pm or on 11/9...these people have a lot of time
Old 11-10-2011, 01:09 AM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
For all we know the police could've been telling/warning them to move back or force will be taken to move them back. Notice the distance between the protesters and police on the top left side, good 5-6 foot gap between them. (Regarding youtube video)

Last edited by 04Impreza; 11-10-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:02 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
**** them all, every last one of the stupid OWS dip****s. Call in the riot squads and let the dogs go, time them unwashed hippie ****s get run out of town.

I am what they call a "99%" and I sure as HELL don't want them ****ing idiots representing me. I work for a living, a corporation pays me, and a bank holds my morgage, STOP ****ING UP THE SYSTEM *******S. It works if you put effort into it, and not sit around asking for a hand out.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:00 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi
fail!!!!only a few days after asking people to take their money out of major banks and put it in credit unions. one might have thought they would have already had some credit union information figured out already.
Like many "young adults" (16-26 yr olds) don't plan ANYTHING in advance.

Such fail on their part.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:06 AM

Car Info: 06 WRX Sedan
hey im a young adult...i resent that! lol but for real you make a good point ecks
Old 11-10-2011, 10:23 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Overbear
I am what they call a "99%" and I sure as HELL don't want them ****ing idiots representing me. I work for a living, a corporation pays me, and a bank holds my morgage, STOP ****ING UP THE SYSTEM *******S. It works if you put effort into it, and not sit around asking for a hand out.
but, but, but... wheres MY bailout!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:24 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
The university set the rules that "no tents are allowed" so they have to enforce those rules when the OWS guys dont follow them. Would you rather they use bean bags, tear gas or rubber bullets? Are the cops supposed to stand there all night begging? This is ****ing stupid. Move or get batoned. Its pretty easy to see what happened.

You break the rules, then go heads up against the police thats called to enforce the rules and somehow the police are the bad guys? wtf are people smoking. Another media ploy to keep up their 15mins of fame.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:26 AM

y not use them real fast. Kinda more about not letting money be made off storing your money and have same place **** on you.

why I get what you are saying when it comes down to details of it your argument just doesn't make sense. Also the hipsters said the rest would go to a cu asap.

to hold a sum like that very shortly isn't helping wells fargo

much better reasons to hate on occupy oak than this, no need to troll.

to be clear the credit union couldn't get it setup in time, that is all. Figured out ahead of time? Troll cough cough.

guy what corp do you work for? Are you a janitor? You sound really silly.

cal protest- do you not see a problem with all the tuition hikes I the past 2 years, most of us wouldn't be able to go these days. You don't see any issue with millions more going to a handful of individuals from public ****ing education are you high on meth? Privatizing public education.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 11-10-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:33 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
y not use them real fast. Kinda more about not letting money be made off storing your money and have same place **** on you.

why I get what you are saying when it comes down to details of it your argument just doesn't make sense. Also the hipsters said the rest would go to a cu asap.

to hold a sum like that very shortly isn't helping wells fargo

much better reason to hate on occupy oak than this, no need to troll.
convenience > values ?? You stick to your guns no matter what.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
sir the point is if they deposit it and withdrawl for bail bonds and pull the rest out a day later its hurting wells fArgo more than helping.

doesn't cancel out banks **** on our country

I don't agree with encampments but I totally accept cals camping protest.

clear message and only argument is no camping. Do you know the history of cal and protesting?

if you guys think the nation wide protest is just 19-26 males you need to change off fox. I don't agree with how its gone and am not behind it but the only thing worse is being misinformed not only about what's going on but about the issues as well. Educate yourself and people will respect you being against occupy

Last edited by slow04wrx; 11-10-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:40 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by Overbear
**** them all, every last one of the stupid OWS dip****s. Call in the riot squads and let the dogs go, time them unwashed hippie ****s get run out of town.

And it works extra special super well if you game it by paying lobbyists to re-write the laws so you you don't have to pay any taxes while you sell fraudulent securities and bet your customers money against them, if you lose you get a bailout and if you win- well in either case the rest of the nation loses.

Yes there are a lot of knuckleheads doing stupid stuff, a lot of them have no idea what they are talking about- but as many actually do, (they just aren't as much fun to film and mock in the press) and heck yeah- protesting is a desperate move which in itself won't fix anything.

But take a second to look around- all of DC is bought and sold, the mainstream media is a steady stream of propaganda, corporations (no not all of them, but way too many...) which don't produce anything at all, but rather exist for the sole purpose of sucking wealth from the treasury lose massive amount's of their clients investments, then get away paying a handful of people billions and even getting refunds on taxes they don't pay, while the treasury is tens of trillions in debt- the interest alone approaches what we spend on defense or health care at the federal level.

We are rapidly falling in line right behind Greece and Italy if we don't get the robber-baron money Junkies out of this nation's driver's seat.

And if you think voting makes any difference, they have that under their thumb as well, I mean how obvious can it be?
Sherrie Questioning All: CNBC Wipes OUT Debate Poll after 25 minutes on their site - after Ron Paul Winning in poll! Video - Now they have "Who won debate - Attendees weigh in"! All MSM keeps doing this!

The first entry in the Bill of Rights establishes the freedom to assemble and petition the government for redress, take that away and we all might as well live in Soviet era USSR.

You don't have to support them, or even agree with them but you must respect their rights as long as they are peaceful.

When it comes to throwing rocks and breaking windows- by all means- isolate the perpetrators and throw those people in jail, but you don't go wailing into students with billyclubs for standing around.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:46 AM

Car Info: GR.SEDAN
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
QFT in all aspects of life - its amazing what values people will compromise for convenience/a quick buck/popularity&image/etc
Old 11-10-2011, 11:03 AM

Car Info: 06 WRX
Each protest at Cal costs the University hundreds of thousands of dollars in police staffing, overtime, food, transportation, and outside assistance (I am not aware of exact numbers but it is obvious when you experience it first-hand). Not to mention the clean-up crews required to clean up all of the trash, flyers and damage done to University property. I worked for UCPD when I went to school there and helped staff several protests.

I understand and sympathize with the cause, but this is not contributing anything positive to the situation (besides public attention).

I also find it interesting when UC students are complaining about tuition increases when, based on my personal experience, (1) a large number of student's parents are paying for them (I would say >50% of people I knew) and (2) so few students at UC's have a job to help pay for their education. Stop feeling sorry about your situation and do something to help it. I worked 3 jobs (including graveyard shifts for the police department) while attending a UC as a full time student and graduated with no debt. I lived off-campus in a house far from campus and didn't eat out in order to save money.

/rant

Quick Reply: In case you didn't have enough reason to not be able to tolerate Occupy Oakland.