Capitol Subaru?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:28 AM

Car Info: '16 GTI, '02 Miata SE
Originally Posted by shardsti
I just dropped my Sti there for its regular oil change and they seem pretty good and excited. They seem to know about the negative stuff from Stevens Creek and are trying to do the opposite. The service guy named Jesse said that the owner wants to meet everyone knew that comes in.
They showed me this New Forrester with some STI mods and it looked sweet. They gave me a ride to work. So far so good.
Were you there around 7:30 with the blue STi? I was the guy with the grey 2.5i wagon in line ahead of you. I dropped my car off for a luandry list of minor warrenty items. I agree that they are up to taking a lot of customers away from Stevens Creek. I still have to see if they can take the place of Santa Cruz.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:05 PM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru STi
Originally Posted by Stock Y-gon
Were you there around 7:30 with the blue STi? I was the guy with the grey 2.5i wagon in line ahead of you. I dropped my car off for a luandry list of minor warrenty items. I agree that they are up to taking a lot of customers away from Stevens Creek. I still have to see if they can take the place of Santa Cruz.
yeah, that was me. Nice to meet you. Two weeks ago I was going to try Santa Cruz out and found out about Capital & since I live really close I figured I'd try them first before driving to SC. If I heard right you have a Recaro baby seat? My niece is due to be born any day now and I've seen one of those and have been looking for one.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:25 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
This is a stupid question but I have to ask anyways...

I bought my WRX at santa cruz and with their "customer for life" they give me free oil changes until 30k miles or so. Is this a subaru santa cruz dealer thing, or is this a Subaru thing? IE, can I get the free oil changes at Capitol instead?

(Santa Cruz is a great dealer, but Capitol is just closer)
Old 06-06-2007, 03:51 PM

Car Info: 2006 Legacy Spec B
i called Capitol but they are not yet giving rides farther than 5 miles. i am 10 miles from capitol. So Stevens Creek here i come for the oil change and some minor work like door rattle and fog bulb replace. I will post my experience tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:46 PM

Well, for what it's worth, I recommend trying them out. I got my car back in half a day when they finished all four things I asked them to look at. They even tried multiple attempts to hunt down a noise that I was complaining of. All in all, the service was good, both in the service department and the parts department. All the guys i worked with were young and very enthusiastic. I hear from talking to some of their staff that they are planning a few events for the upcoming months. I will let them come on here to tell you more about that.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by shardsti
yeah, that was me. Nice to meet you. Two weeks ago I was going to try Santa Cruz out and found out about Capital & since I live really close I figured I'd try them first before driving to SC. If I heard right you have a Recaro baby seat? My niece is due to be born any day now and I've seen one of those and have been looking for one.
How was your experience at Capitol? As you can read from my posts, I was pretty happy overall. I ended up going to Capitol instead of Santa Cruz because of the convenience factor also. I would have never been able to get my car over to Santa Cruz on a weekday because of my work schedule.

The Recaro seat that I have for my daughter is actually a toddler/booster seat, which is not suitable for a newborn. You neice would have to be at least 20 lbs and facing forward in the car before she could use it.

http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=3324&region=3&L=2
Old 06-06-2007, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by chimchimm5
This is a stupid question but I have to ask anyways...

I bought my WRX at santa cruz and with their "customer for life" they give me free oil changes until 30k miles or so. Is this a subaru santa cruz dealer thing, or is this a Subaru thing? IE, can I get the free oil changes at Capitol instead?

(Santa Cruz is a great dealer, but Capitol is just closer)
The free oil changes are just a Santa Cruz deal. Both my wife's car and my car are from Santa Cruz also. I am still going back to Santa Cruz for my oil changes and anything else that I can schedule for the same appointments, but I may be going to Capitol for most of my other service needs.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:22 AM

Car Info: 2005 Subaru STi
How was your experience at Capitol? As you can read from my posts, I was pretty happy overall. I ended up going to Capitol instead of Santa Cruz because of the convenience factor also. I would have never been able to get my car over to Santa Cruz on a weekday because of my work schedule.

The Recaro seat that I have for my daughter is actually a toddler/booster seat, which is not suitable for a newborn. You neice would have to be at least 20 lbs and facing forward in the car before she could use it.

http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=3324&region=3&L=2
I liked my experience. They were very helpful. They gave me a ride to work since I work in Downtown SJ. When i picked it up I talked to them about getting some stuff in and they said they would try to track it down and call me when they get more info. I hope they keep it up.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:18 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
Well, for what it's worth, I recommend trying them out. I got my car back in half a day when they finished all four things I asked them to look at. They even tried multiple attempts to hunt down a noise that I was complaining of. All in all, the service was good, both in the service department and the parts department. All the guys i worked with were young and very enthusiastic. I hear from talking to some of their staff that they are planning a few events for the upcoming months. I will let them come on here to tell you more about that.
Hey Guys,
I work for Capitol Subaru, I am in charge of these events that Stock Y-gon was referring to. We are looking into hosting a subaru rally in the future. It was originally intended for early July, but now being postponed until the release of the new 2008 WRX, which will be in mid to late August. Sorry for the inconvenience. Things are still in the preliminary phases, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I hope to see you guys there. Any updates and I will keep you all posted.

Thanks for the great feedback on services as well.

Last edited by BlueScooby02; 07-02-2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Change of date
Old 06-08-2007, 12:44 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Picked up radiator fluid and oil filter this morning. Great service I didn't have a 25% off flyer but he gave it to me anyways. I like them already, great customer service and very helpful. I forgot the name of the guy who helped me this morning but +1 to him and capital subaru.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:06 PM
edy

Car Info: 07 Urban Gray STI
25% off parts for the whole month of June. Just picked up 6 oil filters for $5.89 each. Crush washer is 89c, I think.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:46 PM

Car Info: Steel Gray 2006 STi MBP 2012 Impreza Sport
Originally Posted by edy
25% off parts for the whole month of June. Just picked up 6 oil filters for $5.89 each. Crush washer is 89c, I think.
damn and i was going to pick some up at genuinesubaruparts.com for 6.50 each
Old 06-15-2007, 03:23 PM

Thumbs up +1 !

:RockOn - not mine:
Nice ppl and great service.....Justin in the service, Luke in parts dept and even the owner/president Shaun...all cool guys....talking about opening events such as BBQ even mini auto cross at the back parking lot....lol

+1
Old 06-15-2007, 09:17 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX TR
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by abugslife
:RockOn - not mine:
Nice ppl and great service.....Justin in the service, Luke in parts dept and even the owner/president Shaun...all cool guys....talking about opening events such as BBQ even mini auto cross at the back parking lot....lol

+1
Basically had the same experience you did, met Justin, Luke, and the owner Shaun. All seemed eager to help and they also mentioned trying to set up events. I got some free promotional items too while I was waiting. So far so good.

+1
Old 06-20-2007, 02:06 PM

Car Info: 2006 STi
Thumbs up

Decided to stop by to day to see about getting some wheel locks since mine broke...yeah broke... and also see about getting my 15,000 mile service done since I stupidly bought that maintenance plan, dont trust stevens creek , and am too lazy to go out to Carlsen. Everyone there was awesome, very nice people, Justin in service got my car into the service department right then, Christian gave a advice about oil and suspension parts, met every person that was there and available. Everyone seemed genuinely nice and didn't try to bs me unlike that ...other....stealership ::cough:: dealership... I know where I am getting my next STi after this one dies ....if its still a sedan... I am not a fan of the hatch

Quick Reply: Capitol Subaru?