BOOOOO NFL, Truly ashamed.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 11:23 AM

Car Info: old awd turbo thangy
I think people are too quick to dismiss the fact that he's still a human being. Yeah he messed up bad, yeah he MAY be a complete pos for his actions, but at the end of the day he is still human and lives in the land of opportunity. He worked for his skills, and got a great gift in life. Everyone screws up, and it takes a man to fess up and deal with their issues. So far there's nothing to even hint at him not doing exactly that. He pleaded guilty, he agreed to do whatever he needed to do in order to help with his problems and now is going above and beyond that by trying to give back and prevent the same crimes he did.

I say let him play and let him make millions entertaining people with his gift. Hopefully he will follow through with his claims and give back to society. There's already plenty of poor unhappy people in this country. There's no reason to make him another is he puts his best effort forth. He hasn't ruined anyones life like a child molester or a murderer has.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by ssteve
I think people are too quick to dismiss the fact that he's still a human being. Yeah he messed up bad, yeah he MAY be a complete pos for his actions, but at the end of the day he is still human and lives in the land of opportunity. He worked for his skills, and got a great gift in life. Everyone screws up, and it takes a man to fess up and deal with their issues. So far there's nothing to even hint at him not doing exactly that. He pleaded guilty, he agreed to do whatever he needed to do in order to help with his problems and now is going above and beyond that by trying to give back and prevent the same crimes he did.

I say let him play and let him make millions entertaining people with his gift. Hopefully he will follow through with his claims and give back to society. There's already plenty of poor unhappy people in this country. There's no reason to make him another is he puts his best effort forth. He hasn't ruined anyones life like a child molester or a murderer has.
He ruined a bunch of dog's lives, thats enough for me. F' him, hope he dies in a fire, or fiery crash. I hate that guy so damn much, it's not just him, anyone who abuses animals can go DIAF. End of story. Lots of people feel the same way I do.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by brucelee
He ruined a bunch of dog's lives, thats enough for me. F' him, hope he dies in a fire, or fiery crash. I hate that guy so damn much, it's not just him, anyone who abuses animals can go DIAF. End of story. Lots of people feel the same way I do.
He went to prison, served his full term and now deserves a second chance. Of all people Im surprised to see you write someone off for good after one mistake.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by jewpac42
He went to prison, served his full term and now deserves a second chance. Of all people Im surprised to see you write someone off for good after one mistake.
Yeah, when it includes animals, I just go ballistic.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Yeah, when it includes animals, I just go ballistic.
So if he had killed a person you would be OK with him playing football again?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by jewpac42
So if he had killed a person you would be OK with him playing football again?
Of course!!!

No! I wouldn't!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:26 PM

Car Info: 2005 forester
good or bad he deserves to play again! and I want to be able to wear my vick jersey again!

and Im a dog lover but he still gets a second chance!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:50 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Thats not true, well, he does have a skill set, but what if some really good software engineer ex con tried looking for a job after a violent crime or something? You think he's going to find a job or investors to give him money to start a new company? Hell no. No one would hire him even though he has a hell of a skill set. So whats the difference?

look at hackers #2-4...

http://www.itsecurity.com/features/t...ackers-042407/
Old 07-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
i once wanted to be a super hacker
Old 07-28-2009, 03:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
I will repeat:

Al Davis wont care.
All Davis already has one really expensive black QB that can't complete a pass.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:36 PM

Car Info: 2005 forester
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
All Davis already has one really expensive black QB that can't complete a pass.
nice one but that guy cant scramble like vick!!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:35 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
For once I agree with you! No matter what the all knowing, all powerful Yogurt tries to force down our gullets.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:44 PM

Car Info: 2002 4EAT MBP wrx wagon
sidenote: someone explain to me how a fighting dog's life is worse than a battery hen/veal calf/pretty much all factory farmed animals. I never understood the hierarchy of when it's alright to mistreat an animal. Outrage tends to correlate with how cute the animal is/amount of typical human/animal interaction. (eg. this one, dolphin safe tuna vs. sharkfin soup, etc.) Like how **** fighting is illegal, but eggs for $.99 a dozen and chicken in chinatown for $.25/lb. are alright. Food for thought?

For me, vick did something awful, did his prison term, and should be unrestricted to play again should a team see him as a worthwhile investment. Anyone outraged by stallworth's situation?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:46 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
^ yes but he will pull a card and get out of it with a fine...
Old 07-29-2009, 12:27 AM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
i blame pokemon.

Quick Reply: BOOOOO NFL, Truly ashamed.