i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   BF3 or MW3? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/bf3-mw3-236062/)

LifePlaza 10-20-2011 11:07 AM

I play COD because of videos like this

[youtube]tx54pnweqhw[/youtube]

Hoofus 10-20-2011 11:19 AM

^ haha. + a lol or two

Volkey 10-20-2011 12:26 PM

[QUOTE=SubyWrxGuy;3153520]First off, I couldn't give a damn about the story line nor single player I come to play on-line ONLY.

Second, MW2 is not realistic at all. It requires no skill. They law's of gravity don't apply in your MW world. A monkey could pick up the controller, and whoop your butt. They don't have vehicles in MW2. The game lacks real weapon mechanics. For instance, in MW2 you can just hold down the trigger and spray lead everywhere and people will die. Not the same for BF, you have to use suppressive fire to increase your accuracy. Moreover, there is not team-work mentality in MW2. The "good" players are usually camping behind a fridge or camping on some roof-top.

What's up with the throwing knives in MW2 and how many freaking knives do you have? Is it unlimited....

Third, I don't play console. BF was always meant to be played on the PC.

Finally, how could you talk trash about the connection in BF. Have you played anything besides the BETA? Last time I played MW2 online that's all it was doing (configuring your router) and that garbage where some people have host giving them an unfair advantage. Not the same with Battlefield. If I want to play a game with-out vehicles and run around minuscule maps I'll just jump on CS:S servers.

Oh, and what's your beef with the ranking system? I had no problem ranking up to lv.50 (which is the highest you can achieve in BF).

And why is no one recognizing that BFBC2 has kill streaks they do! If you get 6 kills in a row you earn combat efficiency pin, if you get 8 you earn combat excellence. (earning you more points at the end of the round)[/QUOTE]

This discussion was based solely on MW3, and BF3. What I have seen for BF so far looks like ****. Sure, the 1080p cg oriented MOVIES of the game look bad ass, but the actual game play footage, put a bullet in my head! I play console, not PC so maybe it is a little different. BF3 may have more "realistic" game play, however for what I enjoy doing, running, gunning, capping objectives, and getting 50 kills a game rather than 12, I play MW. My opinion, my game of choice, you can have fun with w/e one you like :comeandgetsome:

BTW, i thought your ass was banned?

Krinkov 10-20-2011 12:55 PM

[QUOTE=Volkey;3153594]This discussion was based solely on MW3, and BF3. What I have seen for BF so far looks like ****. Sure, the 1080p cg oriented MOVIES of the game look bad ass, but the actual game play footage, put a bullet in my head! I play console, not PC so maybe it is a little different. BF3 may have more "realistic" game play, however for what I enjoy doing, running, gunning, capping objectives, and getting 50 kills a game rather than 12, I play MW. My opinion, my game of choice, you can have fun with w/e one you like :comeandgetsome:

BTW, i thought your ass was banned?[/QUOTE]

yeah, I would prefer it if you just stuck with MW3, Im sure you will love it.

c0rehax 10-20-2011 01:19 PM

im going to get both and play both.. i started out as a bf person and never played cod until mw, but i love them both.. i dont think agree with the comment of no team work in black ops cause there are squads that i play with and against frequently in black ops.. no fps is truly "realistic" but they all try.. i think either one will be fun once released..

SubyWrxGuy 10-20-2011 10:19 PM

[QUOTE=Volkey;3153594]This discussion was based solely on MW3, and BF3. What I have seen for BF so far looks like ****. Sure, the 1080p cg oriented MOVIES of the game look bad ass, but the actual game play footage, put a bullet in my head! I play console, not PC so maybe it is a little different. BF3 may have more "realistic" game play, however for what I enjoy doing, running, gunning, capping objectives, and getting 50 kills a game rather than 12, I play MW. My opinion, my game of choice, you can have fun with w/e one you like :comeandgetsome:

BTW, i thought your ass was banned?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I was banned for like two days big whoop...

Krinkov 10-22-2011 05:12 PM

Battle Field 4 trailer came out today ;)

[youtube]mV-gnh1En6E[/youtube]

MaxLipps 10-22-2011 08:44 PM

I'm buying both. I like BF because the destructive damage (blow away that wall the sniper is hiding behind).
I also like the new way MW3 is changing their kill streaks, you don't have to be super good to get streaks. It will also reward players that play the objective.
I will not compare the 2 games as in my mind they are 2 different game styles.

SubyWrxGuy 10-22-2011 08:59 PM

^ Agreed. They are completely different.

sigma pi 10-22-2011 09:08 PM

[QUOTE=LifePlaza;3153541]I play COD because of videos like this

[youtube]tx54pnweqhw[/youtube][/QUOTE]
+1 MW3

BFBC sucked

rau 10-22-2011 09:56 PM

Two more days, can't wait! Caspian Border + ground attack jet = :D

whieb 10-23-2011 12:30 AM

[url=http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/this-may-be-the-most-amazing-battlefield-3-experience-ever/]This May Be the Most Amazing Battlefield 3 Experience Ever | EGMNOW[/url]

: banana :: banana :: banana :: banana :: banana :: banana :: banana :: banana :: banana :

Tadddd 10-23-2011 01:00 PM

Played BF2 on PC religously.

Pre-ordered both. BF3 for PC again and after playing Black Ops on PS3, pre-ordered MW3 for Xbox.

I don't think anyone understands the epicness that was BF2 on PC.

Krinkov 10-23-2011 01:15 PM

[QUOTE=Tadddd;3155057]Played BF2 on PC religously.

Pre-ordered both. BF3 for PC again and after playing Black Ops on PS3, pre-ordered MW3 for Xbox.

I don't think anyone understands the epicness that was BF2 on PC.[/QUOTE]

Oh we know! BF3 is just gonna turn everything up to 11, been having withdrawls sine the beta ended, already have it preloaded and ready to unlock tmr at midnight, taking tues off :D

Steven@Coach 10-23-2011 01:22 PM

In the same boat, going to pick up one of these just don't know which yet. Never played any of the BF before. Played MW2 a lot, and loved it. Got Black Ops, which I hate and only played for like 2 weeks. I guess it comes down to who is making MW3.