i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   BF3 or MW3? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/bf3-mw3-236062/)

rau 10-19-2011 05:37 PM

[QUOTE=Volkey;3153074]BF3 beta was absolutely horrendous!! Glitchy as hell, gameplay lacks "fun factor", the leveling up system is poorly made and takes far too long. I did not get a chance to try and vehicles but I wouldn't expect any confetti.

Some things caught my eye such as having to compensate with scopes for distance (aiming above target if your far away) that was kinda cool.
The grenade AI is the worst I have ever seen.

MW3 all the way. Im sure we wont be disappointed and I dont need to play a beta to tell you that.[/QUOTE]

What do you think a beta is? a [U]demo[/U]? It's not. It's free bug detection for EA/DICE. It's not what the game is going to be.

SubyWrxGuy 10-19-2011 11:47 PM

[QUOTE=Volkey;3153074]BF3 beta was absolutely horrendous!! Glitchy as hell, gameplay lacks "fun factor", the leveling up system is poorly made and takes far too long. I did not get a chance to try and vehicles but I wouldn't expect any confetti.

Some things caught my eye such as having to compensate with scopes for distance (aiming above target if your far away) that was kinda cool.

MW3 all the way. Im sure we wont be disappointed and I dont need to play a beta to tell you that.[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't you want to hop in a tank and road-kill someone or blast away walls and demolish whole buildings?

Why wouldn't you want to man a radio-controlled drone and rein death from the sky?

Why wouldn't you want to jump in an atv or jet-ski and run over people and flank the enemy?

Why wouldn't you want to have an all out war raping people from your jet or helo?

Why would you want to pay money for new MW2 maps or weapons?!

Admit it, Battlefield series will always be more realistic and more complex than any other FPS.

It's the superior game for champions bro...

SubyWrxGuy 10-20-2011 12:00 AM

[IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k608/I3loodlust/pc_I3loodlust-1.png[/IMG]

Who say's BF players don't beast all day long?! Stat's check me bro...

I'm 2,400 ranked out of 3.5 million people I rape gamer's all day man!

Dans Rex 10-20-2011 12:13 AM

MW3 if you don't want to deal with cruddy servers. EA is once again not ready for the amount of people to play, like with Battlefield Bad Company 2. Kicked from games too many times, not able to connect with a party greater then 2 or even a party period...
The sniping and game play in BF series is great hands down but I would much rather play with my friends in a group rather then trying to join their games because you couldn't connect to a party...

I am getting Skyrim and mw3 and waiting on bf3. But I am much more hyped for Skyrim!!!

03_Impreza_Al 10-20-2011 12:31 AM

BF3 PC
MW3 PS3/Xbox

04Impreza 10-20-2011 12:38 AM

BF3, MW3 isn't doing it for me. IMO BF3 looks so much better and more enjoyable than MW3. I'll probably pick up MW3 when it's on sale, if it's worth an on sale price.

SeaOfGreen 10-20-2011 02:19 AM

I don't need to beta COD3 to know it's going to have a crap connection and a bunch of hackers....... :sad:

Volkey 10-20-2011 08:35 AM

[QUOTE=SubyWrxGuy;3153377]Why wouldn't you want to hop in a tank and road-kill someone or blast away walls and demolish whole buildings?

Why wouldn't you want to man a radio-controlled drone and rein death from the sky?

Why wouldn't you want to jump in an atv or jet-ski and run over people and flank the enemy?

Why wouldn't you want to have an all out war raping people from your jet or helo?

Why would you want to pay money for new MW2 maps or weapons?!

Admit it, Battlefield series will always be more realistic and more complex than any other FPS.

It's the superior game for champions bro...[/QUOTE]

All these things are great, and i can do just about every single one of them in the campaign of MW and online.

What makes Modern Warfare games so real, and true to me is the deep storyline that follows the games. 6years later, and we still are following the characters we grew a bond with during the earlier games. MW is flat out GRIPPING. It keeps you attached with its un-blievable graphics, fast, smooth, fun gameplay, and a ranking/leveling system that BLOWS BF out of the way and general area.

BF multi-player runs at 30 frames per second, MW runs at 60, that is a great deal difference and i promise, hat lagg and glitchyness you saw in the beta will NOT be going away. The game has far too low frame-rate, and zero dedicated servers (I believe) so I suggest you all get used to it.

Play a game that isn't solely based on camping across the map with a sniper, and not based on you relying on your team-mates. Get a game that takes skill, reaction, and is actually fun to play and always strive to rank up that one more level.

LifePlaza 10-20-2011 10:20 AM

I still don't get why this is turning into a debate?

BF3 shoot guns, run, hide, camp, stab, support, rpg, set spawns, set radar, drive jeeps, tanks, choppers, jets team work rewards, crash into people or places

MW3 shoot guns, run, hide, camp, stab, kill streaks yell out racist slurs, argue with little kids

Both fun no matter which way you look at it.

SubyWrxGuy 10-20-2011 10:27 AM

First off, I couldn't give a damn about the story line nor single player I come to play on-line ONLY.

Second, MW2 is not realistic at all. It requires no skill. They law's of gravity don't apply in your MW world. A monkey could pick up the controller, and whoop your butt. They don't have vehicles in MW2. The game lacks real weapon mechanics. For instance, in MW2 you can just hold down the trigger and spray lead everywhere and people will die. Not the same for BF, you have to use suppressive fire to increase your accuracy. Moreover, there is not team-work mentality in MW2. The "good" players are usually camping behind a fridge or camping on some roof-top.

What's up with the throwing knives in MW2 and how many freaking knives do you have? Is it unlimited....

Third, I don't play console. BF was always meant to be played on the PC.

Finally, how could you talk trash about the connection in BF. Have you played anything besides the BETA? Last time I played MW2 online that's all it was doing (configuring your router) and that garbage where some people have host giving them an unfair advantage. Not the same with Battlefield. If I want to play a game with-out vehicles and run around minuscule maps I'll just jump on CS:S servers.

Oh, and what's your beef with the ranking system? I had no problem ranking up to lv.50 (which is the highest you can achieve in BF).

And why is no one recognizing that BFBC2 has kill streaks they do! If you get 6 kills in a row you earn combat efficiency pin, if you get 8 you earn combat excellence. (earning you more points at the end of the round)

SubyWrxGuy 10-20-2011 10:42 AM

[QUOTE=LifePlaza;3153516]I still don't get why this is turning into a debate?

BF3 shoot guns, run, hide, camp, stab, support, rpg, set spawns, set radar, drive jeeps, tanks, choppers, jets team work rewards, crash into people or places

MW3 shoot guns, run, hide, camp, stab, kill streaks yell out racist slurs, argue with little kids

Both fun no matter which way you look at it.[/QUOTE]

+ revive, supply, and spot enemies for BF

Hoofus 10-20-2011 10:52 AM

The makers of Black ops are the ones making MW3 correct? If so I'll probably RENT MW3 and buy battlefield.

Everyone saying the beta was horrible. What the hell do you think a beta is? Do you remember halo 3's beta? That **** was TERRRRIIIBBBLLLEEEE, but the final product was a well oiled machine with some surface rust.

Giibo 10-20-2011 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=Hoofus;3153533]The makers of Black ops are the ones making MW3 correct? If so I'll probably RENT MW3 and buy battlefield.[/QUOTE]

no, Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer is making MW3.

Black Ops was a different developer.

Hoofus 10-20-2011 11:01 AM

[QUOTE=Giibo;3153534]no, Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer is making MW3.

Black Ops was a different developer.[/QUOTE]

I thought IA was the one that made the ****ty MW games... I'm still torn, perhaps I should rent both then decide. 10$ now instead of 70$ now....

Lurk 10-20-2011 11:05 AM

Played the BF3 beta on PS3. Def going to buy the game.