i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   BF3 or MW3? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/bf3-mw3-236062/)

Giibo 10-19-2011 02:41 PM

BF3 or MW3?

I have a PS3 but it's mostly used for watching Blu-Ray. I usually only buy games that will peak my interest for more than a few months. The only games i've purchased are COD4, MW2, Black OPS, and GT5. I played COD4 for about a year and GT5 for like 2 months.

So all that aside, which game will you get? Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3? I may just pickup BF3 and if I don't like it, trade it for MW3.

dub599 10-19-2011 02:42 PM

bf3, you wont regret it. the beta was super fun

Giibo 10-19-2011 02:47 PM

I'm leaning towards BF3 simply because i've never played any of the previous titles. I hated Black Ops...but liked MW2 and COD4.

Volkey 10-19-2011 02:52 PM

BF3 beta was absolutely horrendous!! Glitchy as hell, gameplay lacks "fun factor", the leveling up system is poorly made and takes far too long. I did not get a chance to try and vehicles but I wouldn't expect any confetti.

Some things caught my eye such as having to compensate with scopes for distance (aiming above target if your far away) that was kinda cool.
The grenade AI is the worst I have ever seen.

MW3 all the way. Im sure we wont be disappointed and I dont need to play a beta to tell you that.

Pearl07STI 10-19-2011 02:53 PM

I played the beta for BF3 and it was ok (I guess ps3 hasn't been doing beta's that long), kinda hard going from MW2 to BF3 for me on a few things. It took sometime to identify the enemies and some of the controls, but got the hang of it and can't wait for the game. I'm sure I will pick up both copies. But if your looking for just one I would get MW3. And if you dont like it, than trade it in for BF3 and if you don't like that then, it just wasn't meant to be.

Sean415 10-19-2011 03:04 PM

I have been buying the modern warfare games in the recent years. Used to play BF 1942 and really liked that game because of the vehicles and everything. I am thinking I might go with BF3 just because I have not been playing them for a while, but have not made the decision yet. Guess it is going ot have to be a game time decision.

strider327 10-19-2011 03:07 PM

Both! In favor of BF3 though. I mean I'm sure MW3 is will be just as great as MW2 no doubt. However, I'm gonna try BF3 this time just because I've never played any of them before and it has a good hype to it.

06stibeast 10-19-2011 03:08 PM

Bf3 I'm glad they came out with the beta cause I thought about buying it but after that no way it was awful, mw3 is where it will be at. It will blow away bf3!!!

XxSti05xX 10-19-2011 03:23 PM

MW3. I played the Beta version of BF3 and thought it was horrible.

04GG 10-19-2011 03:25 PM

Months? I presume you mean online? Because after a few hours I get tired of most FPSs. MW, MW2, BF, Resistance, etc... all get old way too fast.

You can always try to just rent them at Redbox and see if you like them, then buy the one you like. That is, if you can find a redbox that has either....

Giibo 10-19-2011 03:28 PM

[QUOTE=04GG;3153100]Months? I presume you mean online? Because after a few hours I get tired of most FPSs. MW, MW2, BF, Resistance, etc... all get old way too fast.

You can always try to just rent them at Redbox and see if you like them, then buy the one you like. That is, if you can find a redbox that has either....[/QUOTE]

I didn't know Redbox had video games...thanks for the tip. Online play will hold me for a while. I eventually get bored and stop playing after a few months.

Heedz 10-19-2011 04:16 PM

BF3 for the PC. 64 player maps. That'll all I'll settle for.

LifePlaza 10-19-2011 04:42 PM

Depends on what type of player you are?

If you want to play a game that rewards team work, not k/d play BF3

If you want to beast, kill streaks, run and gun play MW3

Its up to you neither is the better because they're two different games

akdmx 10-19-2011 05:06 PM

I'm not disagreeing with anyone that the BF3 beta was horrible, but I think it's pretty reasonable to expect that most (all?) of those glitches will be fixed. That is after all the purpose of a beta test.

On the other hand, I was a little bit unimpressed with how the "ultra" settings graphics looked...

david240z 10-19-2011 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=LifePlaza;3153168]Depends on what type of player you are?

If you want to play a game that rewards team work, not k/d play BF3

If you want to beast, kill streaks, run and gun play MW3

Its up to you neither is the better because they're two different games[/QUOTE]

well said, I would have to agree. The beta for BF3 left a lot to be desired but we haven't had a beta for MW3 yet correct? So its hard to say how they would compare. Everything is based on perspective, one person might love one game for one reason but another person might think that idea is dumb. Do what I do... buy both games and decide for yourself.

rau 10-19-2011 05:37 PM

[QUOTE=Volkey;3153074]BF3 beta was absolutely horrendous!! Glitchy as hell, gameplay lacks "fun factor", the leveling up system is poorly made and takes far too long. I did not get a chance to try and vehicles but I wouldn't expect any confetti.

Some things caught my eye such as having to compensate with scopes for distance (aiming above target if your far away) that was kinda cool.

MW3 all the way. Im sure we wont be disappointed and I dont need to play a beta to tell you that.[/QUOTE]

What do you think a beta is? a [U]demo[/U]? It's not. It's free bug detection for EA/DICE. It's not what the game is going to be.

SubyWrxGuy 10-19-2011 11:47 PM

[QUOTE=Volkey;3153074]BF3 beta was absolutely horrendous!! Glitchy as hell, gameplay lacks "fun factor", the leveling up system is poorly made and takes far too long. I did not get a chance to try and vehicles but I wouldn't expect any confetti.

MW3 all the way. Im sure we wont be disappointed and I dont need to play a beta to tell you that.[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't you want to hop in a tank and road-kill someone or blast away walls and demolish whole buildings?

Why wouldn't you want to man a radio-controlled drone and rein death from the sky?

Why wouldn't you want to jump in an atv or jet-ski and run over people and flank the enemy?

Why wouldn't you want to have an all out war raping people from your jet or helo?

Why would you want to pay money for new MW2 maps or weapons?!

Admit it, Battlefield series will always be more realistic and more complex than any other FPS.

It's the superior game for champions bro...

SubyWrxGuy 10-20-2011 12:00 AM

[IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k608/I3loodlust/pc_I3loodlust-1.png[/IMG]

Who say's BF players don't beast all day long?! Stat's check me bro...

I'm 2,400 ranked out of 3.5 million people I rape gamer's all day man!

Dans Rex 10-20-2011 12:13 AM

MW3 if you don't want to deal with cruddy servers. EA is once again not ready for the amount of people to play, like with Battlefield Bad Company 2. Kicked from games too many times, not able to connect with a party greater then 2 or even a party period...
The sniping and game play in BF series is great hands down but I would much rather play with my friends in a group rather then trying to join their games because you couldn't connect to a party...

I am getting Skyrim and mw3 and waiting on bf3. But I am much more hyped for Skyrim!!!

03_Impreza_Al 10-20-2011 12:31 AM

BF3 PC
MW3 PS3/Xbox

04Impreza 10-20-2011 12:38 AM

BF3, MW3 isn't doing it for me. IMO BF3 looks so much better and more enjoyable than MW3. I'll probably pick up MW3 when it's on sale, if it's worth an on sale price.

SeaOfGreen 10-20-2011 02:19 AM

I don't need to beta COD3 to know it's going to have a crap connection and a bunch of hackers....... :sad:

Volkey 10-20-2011 08:35 AM

[QUOTE=SubyWrxGuy;3153377]Why wouldn't you want to hop in a tank and road-kill someone or blast away walls and demolish whole buildings?

Why wouldn't you want to man a radio-controlled drone and rein death from the sky?

Why wouldn't you want to jump in an atv or jet-ski and run over people and flank the enemy?

Why wouldn't you want to have an all out war raping people from your jet or helo?

Why would you want to pay money for new MW2 maps or weapons?!

Admit it, Battlefield series will always be more realistic and more complex than any other FPS.

It's the superior game for champions bro...[/QUOTE]

All these things are great, and i can do just about every single one of them in the campaign of MW and online.

What makes Modern Warfare games so real, and true to me is the deep storyline that follows the games. 6years later, and we still are following the characters we grew a bond with during the earlier games. MW is flat out GRIPPING. It keeps you attached with its un-blievable graphics, fast, smooth, fun gameplay, and a ranking/leveling system that BLOWS BF out of the way and general area.

BF multi-player runs at 30 frames per second, MW runs at 60, that is a great deal difference and i promise, hat lagg and glitchyness you saw in the beta will NOT be going away. The game has far too low frame-rate, and zero dedicated servers (I believe) so I suggest you all get used to it.

Play a game that isn't solely based on camping across the map with a sniper, and not based on you relying on your team-mates. Get a game that takes skill, reaction, and is actually fun to play and always strive to rank up that one more level.

LifePlaza 10-20-2011 10:20 AM

I still don't get why this is turning into a debate?

BF3 shoot guns, run, hide, camp, stab, support, rpg, set spawns, set radar, drive jeeps, tanks, choppers, jets team work rewards, crash into people or places

MW3 shoot guns, run, hide, camp, stab, kill streaks yell out racist slurs, argue with little kids

Both fun no matter which way you look at it.

SubyWrxGuy 10-20-2011 10:27 AM

First off, I couldn't give a damn about the story line nor single player I come to play on-line ONLY.

Second, MW2 is not realistic at all. It requires no skill. They law's of gravity don't apply in your MW world. A monkey could pick up the controller, and whoop your butt. They don't have vehicles in MW2. The game lacks real weapon mechanics. For instance, in MW2 you can just hold down the trigger and spray lead everywhere and people will die. Not the same for BF, you have to use suppressive fire to increase your accuracy. Moreover, there is not team-work mentality in MW2. The "good" players are usually camping behind a fridge or camping on some roof-top.

What's up with the throwing knives in MW2 and how many freaking knives do you have? Is it unlimited....

Third, I don't play console. BF was always meant to be played on the PC.

Finally, how could you talk trash about the connection in BF. Have you played anything besides the BETA? Last time I played MW2 online that's all it was doing (configuring your router) and that garbage where some people have host giving them an unfair advantage. Not the same with Battlefield. If I want to play a game with-out vehicles and run around minuscule maps I'll just jump on CS:S servers.

Oh, and what's your beef with the ranking system? I had no problem ranking up to lv.50 (which is the highest you can achieve in BF).

And why is no one recognizing that BFBC2 has kill streaks they do! If you get 6 kills in a row you earn combat efficiency pin, if you get 8 you earn combat excellence. (earning you more points at the end of the round)

SubyWrxGuy 10-20-2011 10:42 AM

[QUOTE=LifePlaza;3153516]I still don't get why this is turning into a debate?

BF3 shoot guns, run, hide, camp, stab, support, rpg, set spawns, set radar, drive jeeps, tanks, choppers, jets team work rewards, crash into people or places

MW3 shoot guns, run, hide, camp, stab, kill streaks yell out racist slurs, argue with little kids

Both fun no matter which way you look at it.[/QUOTE]

+ revive, supply, and spot enemies for BF

Hoofus 10-20-2011 10:52 AM

The makers of Black ops are the ones making MW3 correct? If so I'll probably RENT MW3 and buy battlefield.

Everyone saying the beta was horrible. What the hell do you think a beta is? Do you remember halo 3's beta? That **** was TERRRRIIIBBBLLLEEEE, but the final product was a well oiled machine with some surface rust.

Giibo 10-20-2011 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=Hoofus;3153533]The makers of Black ops are the ones making MW3 correct? If so I'll probably RENT MW3 and buy battlefield.[/QUOTE]

no, Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer is making MW3.

Black Ops was a different developer.

Hoofus 10-20-2011 11:01 AM

[QUOTE=Giibo;3153534]no, Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer is making MW3.

Black Ops was a different developer.[/QUOTE]

I thought IA was the one that made the ****ty MW games... I'm still torn, perhaps I should rent both then decide. 10$ now instead of 70$ now....

Lurk 10-20-2011 11:05 AM

Played the BF3 beta on PS3. Def going to buy the game.

LifePlaza 10-20-2011 11:07 AM

I play COD because of videos like this

[youtube]tx54pnweqhw[/youtube]

Hoofus 10-20-2011 11:19 AM

^ haha. + a lol or two

Volkey 10-20-2011 12:26 PM

[QUOTE=SubyWrxGuy;3153520]First off, I couldn't give a damn about the story line nor single player I come to play on-line ONLY.

Second, MW2 is not realistic at all. It requires no skill. They law's of gravity don't apply in your MW world. A monkey could pick up the controller, and whoop your butt. They don't have vehicles in MW2. The game lacks real weapon mechanics. For instance, in MW2 you can just hold down the trigger and spray lead everywhere and people will die. Not the same for BF, you have to use suppressive fire to increase your accuracy. Moreover, there is not team-work mentality in MW2. The "good" players are usually camping behind a fridge or camping on some roof-top.

What's up with the throwing knives in MW2 and how many freaking knives do you have? Is it unlimited....

Third, I don't play console. BF was always meant to be played on the PC.

Finally, how could you talk trash about the connection in BF. Have you played anything besides the BETA? Last time I played MW2 online that's all it was doing (configuring your router) and that garbage where some people have host giving them an unfair advantage. Not the same with Battlefield. If I want to play a game with-out vehicles and run around minuscule maps I'll just jump on CS:S servers.

Oh, and what's your beef with the ranking system? I had no problem ranking up to lv.50 (which is the highest you can achieve in BF).

And why is no one recognizing that BFBC2 has kill streaks they do! If you get 6 kills in a row you earn combat efficiency pin, if you get 8 you earn combat excellence. (earning you more points at the end of the round)[/QUOTE]

This discussion was based solely on MW3, and BF3. What I have seen for BF so far looks like ****. Sure, the 1080p cg oriented MOVIES of the game look bad ass, but the actual game play footage, put a bullet in my head! I play console, not PC so maybe it is a little different. BF3 may have more "realistic" game play, however for what I enjoy doing, running, gunning, capping objectives, and getting 50 kills a game rather than 12, I play MW. My opinion, my game of choice, you can have fun with w/e one you like :comeandgetsome:

BTW, i thought your ass was banned?

Krinkov 10-20-2011 12:55 PM

[QUOTE=Volkey;3153594]This discussion was based solely on MW3, and BF3. What I have seen for BF so far looks like ****. Sure, the 1080p cg oriented MOVIES of the game look bad ass, but the actual game play footage, put a bullet in my head! I play console, not PC so maybe it is a little different. BF3 may have more "realistic" game play, however for what I enjoy doing, running, gunning, capping objectives, and getting 50 kills a game rather than 12, I play MW. My opinion, my game of choice, you can have fun with w/e one you like :comeandgetsome:

BTW, i thought your ass was banned?[/QUOTE]

yeah, I would prefer it if you just stuck with MW3, Im sure you will love it.

c0rehax 10-20-2011 01:19 PM

im going to get both and play both.. i started out as a bf person and never played cod until mw, but i love them both.. i dont think agree with the comment of no team work in black ops cause there are squads that i play with and against frequently in black ops.. no fps is truly "realistic" but they all try.. i think either one will be fun once released..

SubyWrxGuy 10-20-2011 10:19 PM

[QUOTE=Volkey;3153594]This discussion was based solely on MW3, and BF3. What I have seen for BF so far looks like ****. Sure, the 1080p cg oriented MOVIES of the game look bad ass, but the actual game play footage, put a bullet in my head! I play console, not PC so maybe it is a little different. BF3 may have more "realistic" game play, however for what I enjoy doing, running, gunning, capping objectives, and getting 50 kills a game rather than 12, I play MW. My opinion, my game of choice, you can have fun with w/e one you like :comeandgetsome:

BTW, i thought your ass was banned?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I was banned for like two days big whoop...

Krinkov 10-22-2011 05:12 PM

Battle Field 4 trailer came out today ;)

[youtube]mV-gnh1En6E[/youtube]

MaxLipps 10-22-2011 08:44 PM

I'm buying both. I like BF because the destructive damage (blow away that wall the sniper is hiding behind).
I also like the new way MW3 is changing their kill streaks, you don't have to be super good to get streaks. It will also reward players that play the objective.
I will not compare the 2 games as in my mind they are 2 different game styles.

SubyWrxGuy 10-22-2011 08:59 PM

^ Agreed. They are completely different.

sigma pi 10-22-2011 09:08 PM

[QUOTE=LifePlaza;3153541]I play COD because of videos like this

[youtube]tx54pnweqhw[/youtube][/QUOTE]
+1 MW3

BFBC sucked

rau 10-22-2011 09:56 PM

Two more days, can't wait! Caspian Border + ground attack jet = :D

whieb 10-23-2011 12:30 AM

[url=http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/this-may-be-the-most-amazing-battlefield-3-experience-ever/]This May Be the Most Amazing Battlefield 3 Experience Ever | EGMNOW[/url]

: banana :: banana :: banana :: banana :: banana :: banana :: banana :: banana :: banana :

Tadddd 10-23-2011 01:00 PM

Played BF2 on PC religously.

Pre-ordered both. BF3 for PC again and after playing Black Ops on PS3, pre-ordered MW3 for Xbox.

I don't think anyone understands the epicness that was BF2 on PC.

Krinkov 10-23-2011 01:15 PM

[QUOTE=Tadddd;3155057]Played BF2 on PC religously.

Pre-ordered both. BF3 for PC again and after playing Black Ops on PS3, pre-ordered MW3 for Xbox.

I don't think anyone understands the epicness that was BF2 on PC.[/QUOTE]

Oh we know! BF3 is just gonna turn everything up to 11, been having withdrawls sine the beta ended, already have it preloaded and ready to unlock tmr at midnight, taking tues off :D

Steven@Coach 10-23-2011 01:22 PM

In the same boat, going to pick up one of these just don't know which yet. Never played any of the BF before. Played MW2 a lot, and loved it. Got Black Ops, which I hate and only played for like 2 weeks. I guess it comes down to who is making MW3.

Pearl07STI 10-24-2011 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=LifePlaza;3153541]I play COD because of videos like this

[youtube]tx54pnweqhw[/youtube][/QUOTE]

haha @ 2:22

Hoofus 10-24-2011 11:08 AM

[QUOTE=Krinkov;3154794]Battle Field 4 trailer came out today ;)

[youtube]mV-gnh1En6E[/youtube][/QUOTE]

****, if I wanted it that real I'd just deploy to Afghan with an infantry unit. :rofl:

Giibo 10-24-2011 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=Steven@Coach;3155065]In the same boat, going to pick up one of these just don't know which yet. Never played any of the BF before. Played MW2 a lot, and loved it. Got Black Ops, which I hate and only played for like 2 weeks. I guess it comes down to who is making MW3.[/QUOTE]

Infinity Ward, or whoever is left after the split, and Sledgehammer games are making MW3.

Infinity Ward made COD4 and MW2.

ryball 10-24-2011 03:18 PM

Sweet, 10lb, baby Jesus... :eek:

[youtube]nQR49JGySTM[/youtube]

whieb 10-24-2011 03:43 PM

[url=http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/ln794/play_bf3_now_vpn_instructions/]PLAY BF3 NOW! VPN Instructions : battlefield3[/url]

if you pre ordered BF3 you can start playing early.

04Impreza 10-24-2011 04:45 PM

[QUOTE=ryball;3155596]Sweet, 10lb, baby Jesus... :eek:

[youtube]nQR49JGySTM[/youtube][/QUOTE]

That is hella sick!!!

04Impreza 10-24-2011 04:46 PM

[QUOTE=whieb;3155605][url=http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/ln794/play_bf3_now_vpn_instructions/]PLAY BF3 NOW! VPN Instructions : battlefield3[/url]

if you pre ordered BF3 you can start playing early.[/QUOTE]

PC only correct?

ryball 10-24-2011 04:58 PM

[QUOTE=04Impreza;3155628]That is hella sick!!![/QUOTE]

It has automated paintball guns that shoot you when you take hits in the game. :rofl:

04Impreza 10-24-2011 05:03 PM

[QUOTE=ryball;3155634]It has automated paintball guns that shoot you when you take hits in the game. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

That is ****ing awesome!! That's next-gen gaming to me :D

Tadddd 10-24-2011 07:06 PM

[QUOTE=Krinkov;3155062]Oh we know! BF3 is just gonna turn everything up to 11, been having withdrawls sine the beta ended, already have it preloaded and ready to unlock tmr at midnight, taking tues off :D[/QUOTE]

Dedication...
I'm installing a ricer gauge tomorrow night. The ricerness may have to wait though.
I don't even know if my comp will be able to handle it though. Having heat and cpu usage issues with SCII right now. I'll Probably end up ordering some thermal past and memory tomorrow night too.

Tadddd 10-24-2011 07:09 PM

ah ****. imma need a new headset too. GAH

Four vs Two 10-24-2011 09:15 PM

Pc bf3 ftw!!!

Krinkov 10-24-2011 11:17 PM

been trying to play for the last 2 hours but all of the servers are full and the ones that have a spot are laggy as hell! :rant:

04Impreza 10-24-2011 11:30 PM

Waiting outside the GS in San Leandro on E14th, 30 mins to go. Couple people were playing it in store and it looks great :)

SeaOfGreen 10-24-2011 11:49 PM

If you have PS3 and play BF3 or MW3 add me, name is SeaOfGreen.......

rau 10-25-2011 01:48 AM

[QUOTE=04Impreza;3155843]Waiting outside the GS in San Leandro on E14th, 30 mins to go. Couple people were playing it in store and it looks great :)[/QUOTE]

Had the game to myself for two hours from 8-10 at the midnight launch. It's ****ing tits!

04Impreza 10-25-2011 02:08 AM

[QUOTE=rau;3155868]Had the game to myself for two hours from 8-10 at the midnight launch. It's ****ing tits![/QUOTE]

Nice!! Noticed when I went in to get finalized a couple people playing it. Been playing the campaign so far and loving it!! Even though I'm blowing hardcore porn star style since I havent played a shooter game in months lol

Tadddd 10-25-2011 02:49 AM

Uhm, i pre-ordered a physical copy just so that this origin BS will download it? WTF?!?

Heedz 10-25-2011 06:21 AM

^?????

Krinkov 10-25-2011 12:01 PM

[QUOTE=Heedz;3155890]^?????[/QUOTE]

yeh Im a bit confused too, you ordered the physical (disc) copy of the game, but you also want to download the digital only version off Origin? :confused:

Tadddd 10-25-2011 12:16 PM

[QUOTE=Krinkov;3155979]yeh Im a bit confused too, you ordered the physical (disc) copy of the game, but you also want to download the digital only version off Origin? :confused:[/QUOTE]

No, it's the way the have it set up through Origin. I got my copy from gamestop last night. I assumed it would install through the disc, but after installing Origin, then updating Origin, Origin proceeded to download the game while using the disc too. (So it later asked me for Disc 2 as the game came with 2 discs but I didn't see the point as it said it was downloading frikin 11gb).
Anyway, while playing SCII last night, a lot of guys said they didn't bother getting the game because of Origin. Now I see why. Origin is trash. The furthest from a seamless set-up. You open up Origin, which opens up your browser from where you chose a server. Then it opens up the game... What was wrong with finding servers with the in-game method that BF2 had used. In-game selection is done in BFBC2 as well. -_-

I havn't had a good experience yet on any server. Idk if it's my machine or the servers are just so dang laggy. I have no idea where i'm being shot at from and my body keeps getting left behind...

SeaOfGreen 10-25-2011 12:33 PM

How do you play on the PC? You use a controller or keyboard? I have never liked the computer as much as the gaming systems.

rau 10-25-2011 09:28 PM

[QUOTE=Tadddd;3155982]No, it's the way the have it set up through Origin. I got my copy from gamestop last night. I assumed it would install through the disc, but after installing Origin, then updating Origin, Origin proceeded to download the game while using the disc too. (So it later asked me for Disc 2 as the game came with 2 discs but I didn't see the point as it said it was downloading frikin 11gb).
Anyway, while playing SCII last night, a lot of guys said they didn't bother getting the game because of Origin. Now I see why. Origin is trash. The furthest from a seamless set-up. You open up Origin, which opens up your browser from where you chose a server. Then it opens up the game... What was wrong with finding servers with the in-game method that BF2 had used. In-game selection is done in BFBC2 as well. -_-

I havn't had a good experience yet on any server. Idk if it's my machine or the servers are just so dang laggy. I have no idea where i'm being shot at from and my body keeps getting left behind...[/QUOTE]Origin = dedicated servers. Less lag, less hackers.

Giibo 10-25-2011 09:31 PM

Any reviews from PS3 guys?

04Impreza 10-25-2011 10:59 PM

Finished the campaign on Normal earlier today on PS3, loved it. Really liked the story, feel of the game, graphics are top notch and even on Normal there were some challenging parts. Only gripe about the campaign was that the computer on your side, would "lag" sometimes to move on to the next portion of the mission.

Multiplayer has been awesome. No getting kills by grazing your targets, excellent graphics, haven't experienced any lag, iron sights were killing me though. Couldn't get a steady aim, but then again I haven't played a FPS in months. I love MP mode Rush, TDM with an actual purpose.

SeaOfGreen 10-25-2011 11:31 PM

[QUOTE=04Impreza;3156302]Finished the campaign on Normal earlier today on PS3, loved it. Really liked the story, feel of the game, graphics are top notch and even on Normal there were some challenging parts. Only gripe about the campaign was that the computer on your side, would "lag" sometimes to move on to the next portion of the mission.

Multiplayer has been awesome. No getting kills by grazing your targets, excellent graphics, haven't experienced any lag, iron sights were killing me though. Couldn't get a steady aim, but then again I haven't played a FPS in months. I love MP mode Rush, TDM with an actual purpose.[/QUOTE]

Add me!

mcast 10-25-2011 11:31 PM

GTAV all the way.

Jodice112 10-25-2011 11:42 PM

[QUOTE=mcast;3156318]GTAV all the way.[/QUOTE]

I can't wait for the trailer!

SubyWrxGuy 10-26-2011 12:26 AM

It helps if your internet doesn't suck... no lagg

Baoser 10-26-2011 10:12 AM

Got it last night for PC, much better than beta, still takes some getting used to, but overall very pleased with game.

Probably gonna pick up MW3 later on anyways though

LifePlaza 10-26-2011 10:38 AM

[QUOTE=Giibo;3156268]Any reviews from PS3 guys?[/QUOTE]

its a lot prettier than the beta

and flying the ****ing jets wtfbbq sauce how do you fly these jets?

04Impreza 10-26-2011 01:42 PM

[QUOTE=LifePlaza;3156489]its a lot prettier than the beta

and flying the ****ing jets wtfbbq sauce how do you fly these jets?[/QUOTE]

**** YES!!! The jets are impossible!! Everything else is normal direction for controls and the jets are opposite!! What the HELL!!

Heedz 10-26-2011 03:50 PM

[QUOTE=SeaOfGreen;3155993]How do you play on the PC? You use a controller or keyboard? I have never liked the computer as much as the gaming systems.[/QUOTE]

wasd space shift control alt and mouse. hot keys too....

Giibo 10-26-2011 05:18 PM

Traded in black ops for PS3 version. Will report soon.

nslow_fast_out 10-26-2011 05:49 PM

BF3 for PC

Giibo 10-27-2011 09:00 AM

I played about 5 rounds of team deathmatch and my first impression is the game is slow. The controls are twitchy and so far graphics are finicky and just ok. I'm getting used to the controls, layout, and gameplay still but so far my verdict is 6.5/10.

You move around real slow, the replays suck, picking which loadout you want is not streamlined. I'll play it more and see if it gets better for me. If not, I may just sell or trade it and pickup MW3.

ryball 10-27-2011 10:46 AM

[youtube]eg8Bh5iI2WY[/youtube]

Volkey 10-27-2011 01:12 PM

[QUOTE=ryball;3157204][youtube]eg8Bh5iI2WY[/youtube][/QUOTE]

That.. Is.. Awesome..

SubyWrxGuy 10-27-2011 11:00 PM

[QUOTE=nslow_fast_out;3156803]BF3 for PC[/QUOTE]

+1

Been playing BF on PC for 9 years

04GG 10-28-2011 09:31 AM

Uncharted 3 next week :)

I will get around to MW3 eventually. Have a few games stacked up already that I haven't finished.

LifePlaza 10-28-2011 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=Giibo;3157141]I played about 5 rounds of team deathmatch and my first impression is the game is slow. The controls are twitchy and so far graphics are finicky and just ok. I'm getting used to the controls, layout, and gameplay still but so far my verdict is 6.5/10.

You move around real slow, the replays suck, picking which loadout you want is not streamlined. I'll play it more and see if it gets better for me. If not, I may just sell or trade it and pickup MW3.[/QUOTE]

I have a friend who pretty much has the same complaints. The only counter argument or comments of opinion I can possible make are:

The controls are fine if you're used to playing tactical on MW (meaning the right thumbstick is your prone/crouch)

The game play is slow and chaotic at the same time meaning its not the type of game you can just run into and start blasting away. BF has always tried to capture that feeling of "you must find cover." With COD this type of game play is frowned upon because it's similar to camping but in real life as in if I were a soldier in BFE, you best believe I will camp like no other.

The replays are there to help you see where your killer was at, its not really a reply more like a reveal.

If you manage to play with a good squad and communicate with them, I think the experience is fantastic. If I play the way I do when I run & gun in COD, yes the BF sucks because this is not the type of game it is. There is a reason why you get spawn points and squad points. The system wants you to slow down and wait for your squad.

The load out is actually a lot better than previous BF games. I'd say the interface is more PC than console.

[youtube]INsN09PcdJk[/youtube]

c0rehax 10-28-2011 10:36 AM

wow is all i have to say about that sim.. i wonder how much that cost to build..

Hoofus 10-28-2011 10:45 AM

***** it, I'm trading in MW2, Brink and any other xbox games I can find so out of pocket I'm paying lint.

Bf3 here I come, even if it sucks i can trade it back in for mw3 next month + a few bucks.

Giibo 11-08-2011 01:26 PM

I ended up selling BF3 and picking up MW3. BF3 was good, but not my preference. I like the run and gun style of MW3.

MW3 feels just like MW2, which isn't a bad thing. Infinity Ward went with the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality on this one. So far the maps seem to be close quarter combat maps. I've only played a handful of games. The interface is the same as MW2, so if you played it you'll be right at home with MW3.

whieb 11-08-2011 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=Giibo;3162830]I ended up selling BF3 and picking up MW3. BF3 was good, but not my preference. I like the run and gun style of MW3.

MW3 feels just like MW2, which isn't a bad thing. Infinity Ward went with the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality on this one. So far the maps seem to be close quarter combat maps. I've only played a handful of games. The interface is the same as MW2, so if you played it you'll be right at home with MW3.[/QUOTE]

this is all because they used the same game engine from mw2 so the gameplay will feel just like mw2. From what i have read they wanted to update the engine but with the timeframe they had to make MW3 they couldn't.

04Impreza 11-08-2011 01:52 PM

[QUOTE=Giibo;3162830]I ended up selling BF3 and picking up MW3. BF3 was good, but not my preference. I like the run and gun style of MW3.

MW3 feels just like MW2, which isn't a bad thing. Infinity Ward went with the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality on this one. So far the maps seem to be close quarter combat maps. I've only played a handful of games. The interface is the same as MW2, so if you played it you'll be right at home with MW3.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=whieb;3162835]this is all because they used the same game engine from mw2 so the gameplay will feel just like mw2. From what i have read they wanted to update the engine but with the timeframe they had to make MW3 they couldn't.[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I'm not picking up MW3. Too much like MW2. Can't tell me Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer (believe thats the other company) didn't have time to make a new engine in 2yrs while BF3 creators created a new engine in 1yr and improved the game.

Hoofus 11-08-2011 01:57 PM

Halo has used the same engine in two games, H2 and H3 with just a few minor upgrades.

whieb 11-08-2011 01:58 PM

ya that's just the excuse i have read. i think they could have made a new engine in 2 years easily. but they chose not to sadly.

also the frostbite engine was allready in development for need for speed. so they had 2 development teams working on the same engine.

04Impreza 11-08-2011 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=Hoofus;3162845]Halo has used the same engine in two games, H2 and H3 with just a few minor upgrades.[/QUOTE]

I would say that's in a different league since its exclusive to 360. Building a game specifically for one system is a whole different ball game than a multi-platform game. But even still people notice, I remember hearing a lot of people unhappy with the Halo 3 upgrades.

[QUOTE=whieb;3162846]ya that's just the excuse i have read. i think they could have made a new engine in 2 years easily. but they chose not to sadly. [/QUOTE]

I have a feeling Activision would be behind that one. They know people will buy anything that says "COD" on it so why waste time/money making the game better when they can put a small amount of work into a new version and rake in the big bucks :mad:

Krinkov 11-08-2011 02:17 PM

[QUOTE=whieb;3162846]ya that's just the excuse i have read. i think they could have made a new engine in 2 years easily. but they chose not to sadly.

also the frostbite engine was allready in development for need for speed. so they had 2 development teams working on the same engine.[/QUOTE]

2 years? Its the same engine as CoD4 that came out back in 2007, so its been FOUR years! The sad truth is it has nothing to do with time, they're not going to make a new engine for the same gen of consoles thats been around for the last 5-6 years when they know they can just keep using this one and sell millions of copies anyways. the ones who get screwed are us PC gamers who just get crappy console ports. heres a little chart that shows where our graphics capabilites have gone in the last 6 years compared to consoles :ohwell:

[IMG]http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/11/sept/graphb.jpg[/IMG]

been playing the SP of MW3 all day, after playing BF3 with proper graphics and all the setting maxed on my PC, the difference is night and day. Think of it like PS2 vs PS3 graphics. The current gen of consoles is really holding the industry back at this point.

whieb 11-08-2011 02:17 PM

yup. exactly why i wont buy it. i'm still gonna get the game for "free" to play the campaign but thats it.

whieb 11-08-2011 02:20 PM

i can just imagine the quality difference since its still mw2 graphics where my pc was getting 130+ fps and on bf3 i get 40 lol

XxSti05xX 11-08-2011 03:23 PM

[QUOTE=04Impreza;3162843]Exactly why I'm not picking up MW3. Too much like MW2. Can't tell me Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer (believe thats the other company) didn't have time to make a new engine in 2yrs while BF3 creators created a new engine in 1yr and improved the game.[/QUOTE]

Game is good Aaron. They changed alot of things with online play. A little more balanced I think. Still same old campers but that'll never changed. LOL

Krinkov 11-08-2011 05:15 PM

well I just finished the single player campaign of MW3, took just under 5 hours, the same as BF3. I did enjoy the MW3 SP better then BF3s, yes its totally linear and not very long but it packs a hell of alot of fun in it, and tons of "holy ****!" moments that MW seems to do better than anyone. I was starting to enjoy the BF3 SP but it feels like it should have been a couple hours longer, right when the story starts getting good, it just ends. WTF?

But overall, its hard to be impartial about MW3 after spending all last month playing BF3. MW3 just feels horribly outdated. Im running BF3 on my new PC build with a GTX560 and DirextX11, like I said it almost makes the graphics difference look like PS2 vs. PS3. But its not just the graphics, the sound design in BF3, the cracking of bullets going over your head, the way that guns sound different indoors/outdoors, the sound of wind in trees and water, its just so much more immersive.

Dont think I'll be playing too much of the MW3 multiplayer, played for about an hour and if you sat me down in front of it and told me it was MW2 i dont think I would have noticed a difference, its true, its just a $60 map pack, which is a good or bad thing depending on how you feel about MWs every-man-for-themselves style of gameplay.
I'll keep playing BF3.

ryball 12-12-2011 10:36 AM

How ever good you think you are, you are not this good.

[youtube]FOaGhE_sejI[/youtube]