i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   BF3 or MW3? (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/bf3-mw3-236062/)

Kwelida 12-12-2011 12:01 PM

[QUOTE=brucelee;3177201]Playing shooters on consoles is like driving an automatic beetle on the ring. You're depriving yourself of so much! You have the medium but you can't enjoy it to it's fullest because you're still playing on a console with inferior hardware and controls.

PC Shooters are above and beyond any console shooter, EVER. Yeah I said it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll get an argument from anyone here actually. All I'm saying is that for me, my Xbox was given to me as a perk from Cartoon Network Studios, and my Playstation 3 was also given as a perk from the guys at Infinity Ward, no one will ever give me a top of the line computer to play on, lol. I wish they would.

Calsoldier 12-12-2011 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=Kwelida;3177179]You know what I realized while playing both, it's almost ridiculous to compare the 2 as better or worse, I think that's all propaganda, the best way to view it is Simulation styled NBA 2k, versus Arcade styled NBA Jam. I definitely (after playing both for a good amount of time) prefer BF3, and i actually grew up hating simulation styled games, and would grab any and every version of NBA hangtime, and NBA Jam or Showtime, or NBA Street that would come out.

I feel like BF3 caters itself toward a more realistic and calculated approach, a fun exciting, moment creating version of realism and calculation, but just a more team oriented approach.

Whereas I feel that Mw3 lends itself to a more exaggerated and arcade style of game play. It has a great level of detail and precision to it, however I know for me, after Playing BF3 for a few months since its release, and then playing MW3, BF3 just felt like it was a more personable and controlled, precise experience.

Both really are stellar games, and if you could, I would suggest getting and trying out both.[/QUOTE]

Agreed completely. I have played BF3 since it first came out, and later put it to the side to play MW3 when it came out. I could tell you that going back to playing BF3 revealed how much different the games are and how much I prefer the simulation aspect of BF3. It is the truest sense of war that I have yet to receive from any other video game. MW3 is fun to just run through and spray bullets down the map, won't last too long in BF3 doing that.

Lurk 12-12-2011 10:45 PM

Is anyone else experiencing this strange glitch on "Night Shift" in BF3's campaign mode? The game keeps freezing and restarting right as I'm about to get on board the helo and complete the mission. WTF?!

Kwelida 12-19-2011 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=Lurk;3177554]Is anyone else experiencing this strange glitch on "Night Shift" in BF3's campaign mode? The game keeps freezing and restarting right as I'm about to get on board the helo and complete the mission. WTF?![/QUOTE]

Hmm, I didn't experience that when I played through the campaign, but I only played through the campaign once, sorry to hear that man.

Krinkov 10-01-2013 09:17 PM

2 year bump! Anyone else playing the BF4 beta? Opened today, pretty sweet! :)

LoidBanks 10-01-2013 10:45 PM

about to download it soon

w0ng3r 10-01-2013 11:21 PM

[QUOTE=Krinkov;3452681]2 year bump! Anyone else playing the BF4 beta? Opened today, pretty sweet! :)[/QUOTE]

on it right now :biggrin1:

Krinkov 10-02-2013 12:18 AM

Ya so far i dig it, though i dont know if Shanghai will end up being one of my favorite maps. Its a bit of an oddball, a tight urban environment with lots of armor means if youre not an engineer youre going to spend most of your time either running away from tanks or looking for one to drive. But I really like how they are making this a lot more 3-dimensional and there is plenty to do below ground and on rooftops (yay elevators!:D )

w0ng3r 10-02-2013 01:17 AM

[QUOTE=Krinkov;3452721]Ya so far i dig it, though i dont know if Shanghai will end up being one of my favorite maps. Its a bit of an oddball, a tight urban environment with lots of armor means if youre not an engineer youre going to spend most of your time either running away from tanks or looking for one to drive. But I really like how they are making this a lot more 3-dimensional and there is plenty to do below ground and on rooftops (yay elevators!:D )[/QUOTE]

It's alot more cpu intensive than I thought it would be, my pc lags on high settings T_T