BAY AREA sighting post here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 08:45 AM

Car Info: 05 white WRX
Originally Posted by DSav408

Haha well I wasn't sure if you were on I club. But yeah I could've. Tsudo UEL and cbe from them. I'm NA. In SJ you got bugged..? I was running completely catless and pretty innocuous for about three months, even with a motorcycle LEO behind me and nothing.

What did you use for it? The splitters brand new are $150 shipped. Haha I know Wilde, he's alright.
:banana:
Old 09-11-2012, 08:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Dova
Sometimes I feel people dislike/hate me when I drive the WRX. Never had a problem driving my 95 accord
Yup, this is why I am going to miss my silver Saab wagon but I love my WRX so much. It's funny but even if I am driving nicely, I still get hate because I drive a brightly colored (WRB) car that makes a little noise (Vishnu TBE). I almost got run over by someone driving through the parking lot, I stepped out and saw a Lexus coming at me and could see the top of this person's head as they were in the drivers seat of a moving car doing who-knows-what. Didn't stop at the driveway, just charged out onto the street and took off. I heard that this person complained about me and my driving. I guess obeying the speed limit and stopping at all the signs must really **** people off, when you do it in a brightly colored car. I think I get nearly slammed into and then flipped off by people every single day. Yesterday some lady just sort of inadvertently merged into my lane, I slammed on the brakes and "beeped" at her. Cue her driving next to me with rage face and flipping me off for the next little bit. I don't get it.

I take the 92E from 280S exit nearly every day. Just about every day there will be someone behind me in the merge, you know, next to those massive signs that are flashing and saying the lane is going to end, and they will pop out to my left at the last minute as if to play chicken with me or something. I stopped reacting to this and have had even more rage follow me home. It's just funny how someone presents you with an opportunity for a collision, and then when you do not react favorably, they get pissed off and rage you. Must be people with hard lives who don't know how to deal with anger I guess. Would love to meet someone in real life who does this, so I could ask them some questions.

Oh well, time to head to work. Time to merge onto 280N behind a bunch of idiots at ~35mph who will then blast past me @ 85 once they send all the texts they have been working on through the last bit of ruining the drive for everyone.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:28 AM

Car Info: 2012 WRX
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Yup, this is why I am going to miss my silver Saab wagon but I love my WRX so much. It's funny but even if I am driving nicely, I still get hate because I drive a brightly colored (WRB) car that makes a little noise (Vishnu TBE). I almost got run over by someone driving through the parking lot, I stepped out and saw a Lexus coming at me and could see the top of this person's head as they were in the drivers seat of a moving car doing who-knows-what. Didn't stop at the driveway, just charged out onto the street and took off. I heard that this person complained about me and my driving. I guess obeying the speed limit and stopping at all the signs must really **** people off, when you do it in a brightly colored car. I think I get nearly slammed into and then flipped off by people every single day. Yesterday some lady just sort of inadvertently merged into my lane, I slammed on the brakes and "beeped" at her. Cue her driving next to me with rage face and flipping me off for the next little bit. I don't get it.

I take the 92E from 280S exit nearly every day. Just about every day there will be someone behind me in the merge, you know, next to those massive signs that are flashing and saying the lane is going to end, and they will pop out to my left at the last minute as if to play chicken with me or something. I stopped reacting to this and have had even more rage follow me home. It's just funny how someone presents you with an opportunity for a collision, and then when you do not react favorably, they get pissed off and rage you. Must be people with hard lives who don't know how to deal with anger I guess. Would love to meet someone in real life who does this, so I could ask them some questions.

Oh well, time to head to work. Time to merge onto 280N behind a bunch of idiots at ~35mph who will then blast past me @ 85 once they send all the texts they have been working on through the last bit of ruining the drive for everyone.
lol damn. Other day I was behind a SUV and the light was green so car didn't move for a good 4-5 seconds as I can see him searching for something in his car so I honked ( I have a set of hella supertones ) so he finally moves and after 2 blocks he pulls to the side to honk a long back at me...

I try not to drive the WRX as much since it's my weekend car and my 95 accord is my daily commuter ( 450+ miles a tank ftw ! )
Old 09-11-2012, 06:01 PM

Car Info: Bagged 2014 STi
4:35pm heading northbound on Delaware st in San Mateo. Nice looking forester, golden brown, lowered, red RA flaps. Deuces exchanged.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:50 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
Originally Posted by FRAWSTI
4:35pm heading northbound on Delaware st in San Mateo. Nice looking forester, golden brown, lowered, red RA flaps. Deuces exchanged.
I've seen this one around the same area (going on 92E). Clean Fozzy.

Saw a white WRX/STi hatch on John Daly Blvd. near the 76. You were behind me but passed me as I made the turn. Sounded like you had an exhaust too.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:11 PM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
There's a 76 on john Daly?
Old 09-11-2012, 08:21 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
Originally Posted by Giibo
There's a 76 on john Daly?
Ya it's across from Boulevard Cafe it's a small station though. Kinda hidden behind some trees if you are going down John Daly lol.

Name:  rrWz7l.png
Views: 7
Size:  56.1 KB
Old 09-11-2012, 08:56 PM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
Oh yea, forgot bout that station! I always go to Chevron down the street.

Side note, boulevard has a killer banana foster french toast!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:24 PM

Car Info: 2012 Subaru WRX
Played with a white STi not sure what year model (2002-2007) on Lombard cross Fillmore!!! I accidently redlined in 2nd and bounced lol feeling so bad now it's my first time ever hit redline *exchanged duces* I was driving my swp GR hatch

Last edited by J-Dee; 09-11-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:57 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by wombatsauce

just moved to the area a couple months ago and i will agree that drivers in this area LOVE to late merge and cut people off like its no ones business, and people are really rude out here too haha lots of honks and middle fingers when i didnt even do anything...bunch of rich euro driving douches in my experience

ralston-92-280 gets ridiculous sometimes
Old 09-11-2012, 11:10 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRB WRX
That area is terrible and so is all of daly and south city. Luckily I commute with more red necks in the north bay, they know how to go real fast and even turn left it's all good as long as there's no traffic.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by slugrx
just moved to the area a couple months ago and i will agree that drivers in this area LOVE to late merge and cut people off like its no ones business, and people are really rude out here too haha lots of honks and middle fingers when i didnt even do anything...bunch of rich euro driving douches in my experience

ralston-92-280 gets ridiculous sometimes
Yup. Merge @ 25mph and then they get really pissed off if you distract them from whatever they are staring at in their lap by actually trying to use the roadway. Gridlock due to morons parked diagonally in the middle of intersections trying to squeeze through. Saw some lady try to do a 3 point turn on Hillsdale and sort of get stuck there looking helpless. No one and I mean no one stops at stops signs or knows what to do when there are 4 stops signs in one intersection. The same person that will roll through a stop will then putz along at 10mph where it seems like they are inspecting their floor mats. But yeah, watch out when someone does something rude or dangerous to you - it seems to really **** them off if you don't allow them to collide with you or something. Seems like a dangerous combination of boredom, pride, and a lack of basic driving abilities.

It's hard to blame them though. It's frustrating, but - our systems are teaching people that they do not need to know anything about driving in order to operate a vehicle, and that the only thing you will ever get in trouble for is speeding. It shows in the driving here over the last 15 years. It's so depressing.

I really don't understand the random/instant rage though. I mean how does some random lady know I am not going to follow her home and make a hat out of her face?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:46 AM

Car Info: Bagged 2014 STi
Spotted Dalton on ECR in Mateo at 10am in front of McDonald's.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:58 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited (sold 2009 WRX beast)
yesterday around 5:30 north bound 101 cotati to RP. 11-12 black WRX or STi, cant remember, FRESH off the lot.
You exited on Expressway as I passed on 101. Gave a hello V but some reason you looked back at me like I had big foot in my back seat lol funniest face ever ha
Old 09-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Who here works for san mateo fd and drives a silver 08+ sedan?

Quick Reply: BAY AREA sighting post here.