BAM - T-shirt designs needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 08:29 PM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Yeah, last year the charity was an animal rescue organization and was not requested to be tied into the design as it was a secondary benefit of of the event, where as this year the charity is requested to be a main headlining feature. Also, please don't take my comments as complaints. My two biggest comments were about design and process (first being the poster needing more of a margin on top and bottom) and second being the process of designing for a different medium that the main intent with plans to then "adapt." This is all constructive criticism/critique, and while I may not have as many years under my belt as Ray does in terms of design, I'm not ignorant to the field.
I respect that you aren't ignorant in the field, but the criticism you made is pretty amateurish. The design really doesn't need any more breathing space. But then again this is just your opinion over mine. And I also provided a basic layout of what the shirt would look like in addition to the poster. I have made many shirts before and I know exactly how to prepare them, regardless of what medium it starts in. It is about the person who is making the design, not the actual technique of screen printing. If they are a good enough designer then they will know. And the way I have done it is easy to make a shirt out of.

I say we just make iron-ons of this since it really does clearly make a connection to both the bay area and japan:

Name:  BAM.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  31.5 KB
Old 05-23-2011, 08:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by bobb126
I respect that you aren't ignorant in the field, but the criticism you made is pretty amateurish. The design really doesn't need any more breathing space. But then again this is just your opinion over mine. And I also provided a basic layout of what the shirt would look like in addition to the poster. I have made many shirts before and I know exactly how to prepare them, regardless of what medium it starts in. It is about the person who is making the design, not the actual technique of screen printing. If they are a good enough designer then they will know. And the way I have done it is easy to make a shirt out of.

I say we just make iron-ons of this since it really does clearly make a connection to both the bay area and japan:

Amateurish my ***. I may have simplified my comment to "the design" in the first iteration of it, but the second time I specifically mentioned the top and bottom margins. As for going from poster to shirt or shirt to poster... Yes, you can go from poster to shirt but my point was that the "tweaking" you have to do is going to generally lead to a lesser unified design, or way more effort put into it than needed. Never once mentioned the screen printer as part of the equation though, so I don't know where you pulled that from. But yeah, you want amateurish? Ask me for a shirt and I'll give you a poster. give me an f'in break and learn to take some god damn constructive criticism without getting so defensive. You didn't see Ray or Greg get their panties in a twist when I made a comment about the effect of added activity in the circle, did you? No.

If you're going to submit for public approval you had better be prepared to take a lot harsher criticism than I dished up, but if you're not able to do that it's only going to get worse.

PM me if you want to continue this discussion.

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 05-23-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:07 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Word.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:16 PM

PMd
Old 05-23-2011, 09:28 PM
General Pimpin'

Ok now that all egos are stroked let's get back to the shirt.

And no matt I don't think you were stepping out.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:55 PM

Car Info: 2010 Impreza 2.5i Premium Boosted
ummm... yeahhh. I dont know how you guys turned a simple shirt design contest into a heated argument but oh well. back to the shirt designing! Lets get some more real rough drafts on the table! I'm working on something a little different then what you are all talking about, we'll see how it turns out. Are these shirts single sided? or can we do a front and back?
Old 05-23-2011, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by iDriveMyi
ummm... yeahhh. I dont know how you guys turned a simple shirt design contest into a heated argument but oh well. back to the shirt designing! Lets get some more real rough drafts on the table! I'm working on something a little different then what you are all talking about, we'll see how it turns out. Are these shirts single sided? or can we do a front and back?
You can only do front, the back is for sponsors.

Argument has been taken care of via pm
Old 05-23-2011, 11:27 PM

Car Info: 2010 Impreza 2.5i Premium Boosted
Oh okay. Thanks! I had this front back idea but oh well. I'll just do both for fun.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:57 PM

Car Info: On 2 wheels
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I like this, but without the car models. Less is more.

Last edited by RayDZ; 05-24-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:09 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Name:  BAM2.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  33.6 KB

Update: BAM!!!

and I like the REAL work yall are putting in on this
OneManArmy-I like the skyline circle thing it kinda reminds me of the japanese flag but I agree with RayDZ I think the car silhouettes get in the way jsut my $.02
Old 05-24-2011, 01:41 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Roo... this what you had in mind when you were talking about the japan flag/map integration?

I tried to do a half circle to a bay area map but it was looking stupid. So I tried this...

That's the SF skyline on the left and Tokyo on the right.
this and the MSpaint are the best IMO
Old 05-24-2011, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Very creative concepts flowing thru here! Keep it up, y'all!

Also, it's nice to see a healthy exchange of ideas, too.

Finally, I see queeg9k graduated from the Krinkov School of Design. Awesome work! Someone needs to dig up Jeremy's classic T-shirt design submission. I'll add it in here if I find it.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:12 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX hatchback Automatic SONNNNN!

Fixed. + 1 bay area connection.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:26 PM
General Pimpin'

Looks good. Looks like you guys have your eyes set on the spray paint one.

I have one concept I'm working on tonight along with some dialing in of the above ones with some of the comments and what not. But if you guys are dead set on the spray paint I'm not gonna waste my time finalizing these. I'll just dial in my subaru/wheel one that was requested earlier for a separate design. I'm already working with 3 clients right now so time is crucial.

So let me know if you want me to continue with these.

oh... and I'm still not sure why you're designing posters? Is there a poster being made for this event at all? There never has been one in the past? This is a shirt.

oh... and fuzzy... I JUST figured out where you were going with that... that's some funny ****!
Old 05-24-2011, 07:17 PM
General Pimpin'

Man... I was just reading about the wicked big meet on the east coast.. .they're claiming 1000 subarus.....

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2009627

These people showed up in heavy fog and crappy weather... No reason we can't do it in the sun. I hate that they get some much press and we don't get ****. We've been between 350-500 cars pretty much every year for the last 6 or 7 years. We deserve some cred!

Quick Reply: BAM - T-shirt designs needed