BAM - T-shirt designs needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 02:57 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
I think if it was just the red, green and white lettering on a grey shirt it would look pretty good.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:04 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Sorry but I don't like it. My first thought was... what does a smirking smiley covered in blood splatter havevto do with subarus and japan. Then I realized it is japan. Then I realized there is no usa connection at all.

Sorry.... just my opinion. That country just went through a national disaster and its a bit to apocalyptic for me.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:49 AM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Given the tradition is shirts and sweatshirts rather than posters, how would you adapt that for simple silk screening?
This could be a poster, and a silk screened shirt would just require me to edit this slightly by just picking one color swatch of red for the entire base of the graphic, and taking out the background. Then all you have to do it put it on a light grey shirt.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:56 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by bobb126
My entry/poster design:

Where's the connection to the Bay Area? I'd want in the design, some tie into the Bay Area. Not just writing saying Bay Area Subaru meet.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:07 AM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Ok, I think we can agree on that design being changed up a bit.

+1 for a bay area connection.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:58 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Nailed it!! only took 1.5 min

Name:  BAM.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  31.5 KB
Old 05-23-2011, 12:02 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
Originally Posted by queeg9k

I vote for this one! lol
Old 05-23-2011, 12:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Sorry but I don't like it. My first thought was... what does a smirking smiley covered in blood splatter havevto do with subarus and japan. Then I realized it is japan. Then I realized there is no usa connection at all.

Sorry.... just my opinion. That country just went through a national disaster and its a bit to apocalyptic for me.
This could be a poster, and a silk screened shirt would just require me to edit this slightly by just picking one color swatch of red for the entire base of the graphic, and taking out the background. Then all you have to do it put it on a light grey shirt.
I don't dislike it as a poster, although the red does look like blood splatter and the white Japan looks like, well, something else It needs some more breathing room on the top and the bottom as well, and it is a rather symmetrical layout. My biggest issue though is designing a poster that you then have to modify to put on a shirt when you've known from the get-go that the end product is to be a shirt.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:56 PM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
This is what I had in mind for the shirt:

The circle symbolizes the japanese flag, as does the red. The center has the island of japan, unlike what other people think it looks like???? (unless you clearly haven't studied a map?) This was a huge travesty that has personally affected me and killed more than 18,000 people...I think being serious in this instance is better than having a cartoon-y design with oddly placed vectorized images of cars on a shirt, although it is still a work in progress.

I understand that it doesn't more clearly demonstrate a connection to the bay area, but last years shirt made no connection to the charity nor the bay area, so I don't see why people are complaining so much.

As for the 'breathing room' and 'symmetrical layout', I don't see any valid/strong points there so I can't say anything about that unless that is just purely your taste, because it has quite a bit of room.

I am not making any changes to the poster, but like I said, for the shirt, it would be less grungy and a solid color, which is what i provided, hope you guys like it, if not, then just don't vote for it...
Old 05-23-2011, 04:22 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by queeg9k

I will take two !
Old 05-23-2011, 04:24 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX

I understand that it doesn't more clearly demonstrate a connection to the bay area, but last years shirt made no connection to the charity nor the bay area, so I don't see why people are complaining so much.

and they complained about last years also. It doesnt matter BARF will complain about anything.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
I want a poster like that and id sport that shirt as well!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:20 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
The design looks good. I just don't like the blood splatter looking spray paint.

As for the shirts of the past... they were about the bay area and subaru. This is the first year there has been a charity and foreign country request. And I don't see any complaints... I see opinions. And who gives a **** about those. His design could get 90% of the votes, its a popularity contest anyways. And id buy one anyways to support bam.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
The design looks good. I just don't like the blood splatter looking spray paint.

As for the shirts of the past... they were about the bay area and subaru. This is the first year there has been a charity and foreign country request. And I don't see any complaints... I see opinions. And who gives a **** about those. His design could get 90% of the votes, its a popularity contest anyways. And id buy one anyways to support bam.
Yeah, last year the charity was an animal rescue organization and was not requested to be tied into the design as it was a secondary benefit of of the event, where as this year the charity is requested to be a main headlining feature. Also, please don't take my comments as complaints. My two biggest comments were about design and process (first being the poster needing more of a margin on top and bottom) and second being the process of designing for a different medium that the main intent with plans to then "adapt." This is all constructive criticism/critique, and while I may not have as many years under my belt as Ray does in terms of design, I'm not ignorant to the field.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon

Personally I don't feel any of the shirts should have the charity on it. The meet is about our cars first and the charities we donate to is the bonus. But the organizer requested the design to incorporate the charity then so be it. But I will only vote for a shirt that includes a bay area connection.

Quick Reply: BAM - T-shirt designs needed