BAM COOK OFF thread 2.0. Please read if you plan on competing for the # 1 prize!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
BAM COOK OFF thread 2.0. Please read if you plan on competing for the # 1 prize!

Hello all cooks! Here's a link to the original thread with all the rules, and people participating. Nothing has changed and all the rules still apply. Rules are simple and are much like Iron Chef. There will be 3 judges, and you will have an allotted amount of time to finish (Below is the link to the old thread)

https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/official-bam-cook-off-thread-please-sign-up-here-202815/

Here are the rules again for those of you new to this. Everyone is welcome to enter, you have until the day of the meet to enter, and the official sign ups will be AT the meet, I will make an announcement over the microphone asking for the cooks to gather and sign a sign up sheet, and we will start the cook off shortly after!

1. Garlic and chicken are the two Iron Chef ingredients, so each dish HAS TO HAVE both ingredients. Since they are the themed ingredients, each dish must taste like garlic and chicken, just like iron chef.

2. Everything has to be hand made, NO STORE BOUGHT PRODUCTS (With the exception of spices)

3. Each person will have a MAXIMUM of 1 hour to complete the said dish

4. Each dish will be judged on taste, and presentation.

5. The only things that you can bring that are pre-made are things that can't be cooked on a BBQ... However, it still has to be hand made, if you cheat and use store bought you are automatically disqualified.

6. If you have veggies and such, you must prepare them ON SITE, meaning that if you need to dice things, etc, you need to bring a cutting board and do it in your one hour of cooking time.

7. Teams are welcome, a maximum of 3 people per team.

8. From novice to professionals, all are welcome to participate in this event, the only requirement is that you are an i-club member, and you have to own a subaru, no exceptions.

9. I HIGHLY recommend bringing your own little BBQ so that you can monitor your own grill and do your own thing instead of having to use the large park BBQ's which sometimes have some weird temperature spots and stuff, so bring your own BBQ if you can! Doesn't matter if it's charcoal or propane, as long as the food is cooked outside on a grill of some sort it is ok.

There will be one winner, and he/she will be awarded by a really nice prize as well as a custom i-club title saying "BAM COOKOFF WINNER 09". Trust me, you will love the prize we have for you!

If you have any further questions regarding the cook off which haven't been asked in the original thread (Please read the original thread before asking questions, I think everything was covered in that thread, so again, please read it first!).

We have 3 judges for the event, and two back ups ready to take over if needed. Also, please make enough food so that people attending the meet can taste your wonderful creations!

Again, you will officially register on the day of the meet at the actual event! We'll have a tent set up with a sign up sheet ready for you guys, I will make a live announcement reminding folks to sign up for the cook off, and we will start the event a little while after. The person who wins will be rewarded nicely and have bragging points for a long long time.

Cheers to everyone and I'm REALLY looking forward to tasting your dishes! I know we have a lot of cooking talent here!

PS: Since electricity is limited, you can prepare any kind food that needs electricity prior to the meet.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:52 PM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
my green chili and garlic chicken chili will bring home the gold.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:54 PM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
Or perhaps my coq a vin... or garlic and gorgonzola stuffed breasts...
Old 07-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Sounds damn good...

<------

Hungry like the wolf

Did I mention that the grand prize is a trip for you and your team to come to MY house and cook for me and my friends?! jk of course