BAM 2016 Volunteer Thread! Recruiting New and Old Members!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 12:32 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
BAM 2016 Volunteer Thread! Recruiting New and Old Members!

Hey everyone,

It's that time of year where we look for volunteers wanting to help out at this years BAM event. Leads will be announced as the days get closer. Please read the description (Copy Paste) from my thread last year. If you are interested, please PM or post here which position you are interested in. Some positions do require vouching from the organizing group as they deal with money or possessions. Remember this event is all for charity and we need volunteers every year for this to happen.

New or old member here, doesn't matter we are looking for respectable, willing, and able members here that want to help us out and make it an easy day for everyone. Thank you for those who have volunteered in the past and please once again, help us out! Earlier you place yourself, we may have a limited t-shirt for those members. But remember, its for charity and us getting together as a community, don't volunteer just to get perks!

Each section has a very brief description of what you will be tasked with. Once team leaders are fully assigned, I will edit this original post and please PM your lead to get more info on the details. If you cannot get a hold of them, please once again, PM me here and I will get in touch with them for you.

Every group is vital to make this a successful event. I have been a part of the organizing committee for the last 4 years (I think? Maybe more?). When there is a part missing, everyone does double maybe triple the work. If you have friends that want to join and come with and they want to help? Let us know!

Lets all make BAM 2016 an amazing one and lets go for 10k+ on donations!!

PARKING AND CAR SHOW

This group will need to show up early! You will be assisting the lead in parking cars, checking in car show participants, and helping vendors get to the area they are assigned to be. Looking for at least one person who is knowledgable with the I-Club community so they can point out car show participants and know some of the vendors.

Leads Hide & Matt
Lance (Killerfoz)
Derrick (d3rock)
Jacob (wombatsauce)
Yuri (LxJLthr)

EVENT CHECK-IN

Basically, attendees tell you if they pre-paid or not. You will verify prepaid attendees from the list or will collect payment from non-prepaid attendees. Then, you'll give them their wristband to put on ASAP, informing them that it is what let's security know they're allowed at our event as well as what let's the lunch service crew & security know they're OK to be in the chow line, too. Prepays will also receive a single raffle ticket. To be considered for this position, you will have to be vetted or vouched for by someone on the organizing committee.

Lead- Tim (Jellochex)
XxStixX-- Steve
LGT4Me-- Michelle
Kenny Heumann (urabus)

RAFFLE TICKET SALES

Do you have a loud voice? Do you like talking to people? Are you a salesman? THEN THIS IS THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY. You will be out, selling raffle tickets to event attendees. Remember this is our largest portion of donation!!! Good raffle prizes = Better sales. Remember if you wanna be like subysteez and win DEEZNUTZ you gotta sell these!

Lead-Jamison (Norcalbro)
Kyle (De-engineered)
Andrew (Av3rag3)
Jasmine
Zach (oshrizak)
Kanwar (kamnewton)
Johns kiddos (04gg) 2x
Erik (Leaferiksin... AutoErik)
Scott (four_bangin)

T-SHIRT & HOODIE DISTRIBUTION

If you love working retail this may be a perfect fit for you! You will be helping Ray distribute this years apparel to the ones who ordered. You will get to meet a lot of the community members!

Lead- John (04GG)

GRILL COOKS

It's BBQ season! We need cooks, home or professional to give us a help with manning our grills! Each shift will last about 1.5hrs so we need a lot of you to help. In the past some people have been stuck there all day in the sun and to the point where they have had too many beers! Let's get a good amount of staff so we can rotate everyone out and around.

Please note that the veggie option must be cooked on a separate grill using separate grilling tools! Thank you.

Lead-Scott (Skizzdawg)

FOOD & BEV SERVICE

If you like to set people straight.... Lunch Lady job is here for you! You will be assisting in getting the right people their lunches at the right time, making sure everyone is a prepay and does not take more than they are supposed to. Very important role as any mishaps here lead to a longer waiting time for food.

Leads- Caitlin & Cliff (Belittle, boardaholic)

CLEAN-UP (aka Garbage & Recycling)

For us to be able to have our events, we need to leave the area as clean or cleaner than we first got there. We have been very successful at this and are looking for helpers once again to give us a hand to make this park clean! You will be helping during the event and after, easy job if it is done throughout the day!

SECURITY

You’ll be tasked to ensure safety & order. Should things get dicey – i.e. people cannot behave themselves or they cannot get along with others, you’ll step in to neutralize the situation. Please report in at 10:15. You'll be expected to "work" the entire event, but please be sure to enjoy yourselves the whole time as well.

There's a couple more that will not be listed so...... don't act a fool you'll be removed instantly

Food Run on Saturday

We will need a few hands to give us some help with purchasing of goods prior to the event, you will be helping out at Costco!!!

Last edited by Heedz; 09-13-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:03 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
**This event happens and is always a success because of the VOLUNTEERS who put it on, so please volunteer.**

I think the "swag team" is already set, not sure if Ray wanted additional people beyond who were already on it. Put me on this list anyway. I'll find a spot.

Put me on Costco run as well of course.

+2 indentured servants who will likely want to do raffle or food. Talked to them, they want to do raffle

Last edited by 04GG; 08-25-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:40 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2000 Legacy GT, 2000 Echo 1989 Camry All-Trac
I wana do raffle tix this year
Old 08-25-2016, 09:56 AM

Car Info: 2007 SWP STI
I can help out food and bev again this year and Lance and I can (probably) help out on the costco run Saturday, especially since we live so close now.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:23 PM

Car Info: '11 GV WRX, '12 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, '19 Kawi Z400
I'm in for Parking and Show again!
Old 08-26-2016, 08:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
I'm in for the costco run again
Old 08-26-2016, 11:58 AM

Car Info: 2006 STI
I'm in for Leading the grill team and hopefully will have some return members on the team again this year.

for the special grilling needs people i can bring my personal grill to cook all non meat items.
Is it possible to get a pre count of those wanting vegetarian dishes?
Old 08-26-2016, 02:10 PM

Car Info: 2005 Forester XT
I already told Hide ill be around for car show parking as well.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:16 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
I can do the Parking and Car Show. Plus help out with Costco run if there is still help needed.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:05 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Ok. Cool. I think I got enough for parking and show. Maybe one more person to stand up at the entry area
Old 08-27-2016, 02:55 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Wife and I can help with raffle again this year.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:42 AM

Car Info: 2016 Crosstrek
Volunteer 2016

Sign me up for tshirt distribution!
Old 08-27-2016, 01:44 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
I'm down to help with check in again. I think Michelle (LGT4ME) is also willing to help out too.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:53 PM

Car Info: 08 DBM LGT
Originally Posted by XxSti05xX
I'm down to help with check in again. I think Michelle (LGT4ME) is also willing to help out too.
Yea, definitely down to help check people in again!

Heedz, hook it up with a sign up list kinda format so people can see what areas are already covered and where help is still needed.

Last edited by LGT4Me; 08-27-2016 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:41 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Originally Posted by LGT4Me
Yea, definitely down to help check people in again!

Heedz, hook it up with a sign up list kinda format so people can see what areas are already covered and where help is still needed.
Do a list like last years volunteer thread. would make life much easier for all to see what is needed and what is taken.

Quick Reply: BAM 2016 Volunteer Thread! Recruiting New and Old Members!