BAIC, I present to you DotY Nominee #1

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 03:08 PM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
Originally Posted by Unit 91
I wonder if the gentleman/woman knows how the vechicle is manufactured. Surely if they did they'd understand that any emissions saving was offset during the manufacturing process. More than likely just during the mining and transportation of the metals used in the battery.
Quoted for truth...

Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
I really hope Subaru will release a turbo diesel. Maybe if we create a huge effort and spam SoA with recommendations to release one in the U.S.

I love the guy's license plate. SO HUM... like humble?
+1

I've already sent a couple messages to Subaru of America regarding bringing the turbo diesel to America. I used the recent news of higher fuel prices as support. (And remember it WILL get more expensive!)

C'mon, tell Subaru of America we want our turbo-diesel Subarus!

https://www.subaru.com/shopping-tools/contact-us.html
Old 02-26-2011, 03:29 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
^
Old 02-26-2011, 06:10 PM

Car Info: 2010 wrb WRX wagon
OP makes me angry! Arrogant drivers. Never thought of hybrids as that great of vehicles. It just seems like if you want less emissions from cars, don't half *** it and have an intermediary car. Go all the way and build more electric cars and a better infrastructure to support them, as well as better battery life an quicker recharging. Just don't see a point in getting a hybrid. As other posts said as well, get yourself a diesel. Or even the hydrogen technology.

Besides all that, all those hybrids are boring cars. They are all just point A to B card. My Subaru still excites me and would rather deal with the crappy 91 prices than go for a boring econo car.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:49 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by Unit 91
I wonder if the gentleman/woman knows how the vechicle is manufactured. Surely if they did they'd understand that any emissions saving was offset during the manufacturing process. More than likely just during the mining and transportation of the metals used in the battery.
Yup......... remember, does more harm than a used hummer.