Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 12:41 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
Because every movie from now on NEEDS to have at least 1 LGBSTA if not there will be consequences. LOL
Old 12-19-2009, 02:25 PM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
seriously, this thing has troll written all over it.

* Bring your mate to the theater and show affection to each other.
too bad b/c the only reason i would see this movie would be with the possibility of some live gal-on-gal action in the theater.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Okay guys, let me explain to you how this part of the internet works:

STEP 1. Create a blog about your crazy, crackpot, screwball cause youre trying to promote (Gays against Avatar, Teabagging for Jesus, etc) from your parents basement, minimum security prisons media room, or Best Buy computer display area.

STEP 2. Blogspam all over the interwebs that there will be THOUSANDS of people participating (there arent) and its on HUNDREDS of other blogs (it isnt)
until it gets enough attention it goes viral and people actually BELIVE IT!

STEP 3: ????????????????

STEP 4: PROFIT!!!!

Jeez guys, look for yourself at the poll on his blog about his "thousands" of protesters, there was less than 5000 people through there, of which 93% said they WERE NOT PROTESTING. If you look up the avatar protest on google you dont find his tons of other blogs organizing protesters, just this ones or other sites linking to this one. Though I did find quite a few hits for protesting the "Avatar: The Last Airbender" anime movie though, perhaps he should dupe those guys into joining his protest too.

So you got less than 500 people who "say" they would protest, now lets be VERY generous and say half of those people actually do get off their ***, organize, and try to protest a couple theaters, now you got less than 250 people... in the whole country.

Thats hardly what I would call a grassroots uprising of LBGTs against Avatar, hell I'll bet I can get a bigger turn out of freaks to protest the movies inaccurate portrayal of smurfs! c'mon people, I hate when I hear these isolated anecdotal stories about some isolated crackpot or small group that through the power of the intertubes gets blown totally out of proportion, these are the stories Fox news LOVES to sensationalize, "See people? What the countries coming to??"

C'mon people, laugh at it or ignore it, just dont take it seriously, jeez.

Besides, gays AND straights should both feel marginalized by this movie since Avatar is clearly the biggest most expensive Furrie fetish movie ever made!
You just KNOW theyre gonna be all over this movie!

Old 12-19-2009, 04:48 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by Jin
i'm gonna be furious if i dont see an asian guy in the movie.
there was a indian (from india) guy on the cast... does that count?

lol...

i'd protest that the storyline sucked and i want my $14 back....
Old 12-19-2009, 07:29 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
1)Even I think this "protest" is ****ing stupid

2)HEY one of my suits is in that picture
Old 12-19-2009, 08:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
1) To make all people aware that heterosexual arrogance, assumptions or exclusions of alternative sexualities in movies is no longer acceptable. Diversity and tolerance are human rights.

2) To speak out for all gay, bi-sexual, genderless and transgender people who are not represented by any character in Avatar.

3) To educate people about Evolution and humanity’s transition to transgenderism.
1. Doesn't seem like people are being too tolerant about someone's right to pay for and produce a movie unless all movies are made according to their (the protesters') standards... I would imagine that if someone where to make an argument for tolerance that they would uphold that same standard of tolerance towards other individuals' rights.

Tolerance for everything is not in accordance with God's will as recorded in His Word. We shall not tolerate murder, stealing, adultery, idolatry, homosexuality, drunkenness, lust, or any other sinful desires we may all see and have ourselves. We should love one another to no end, remembering to be patient with one another and understanding, but that does not mean that we must support that which is contrary to the Word of God.

We must aggressively practice love. Everyone loves love, it seems, but few recognize how incompatible love is with the new tolerance. Tolerance simply avoids offending someone; we must help our children live in love, which actively seeks to promote the good of another person.

Tolerance says, "You must approve of what I do."
Love responds, "I must do something harder; I will love you, even when your behavior offends me."

Tolerance says, "You must agree with me."
Love responds, "I must do something harder; I will tell you the truth, because I am convinced 'the truth will set you free.' "

Tolerance says, "You must allow me to have my way."
Love responds, "I must do something harder; I will plead with you to follow the right way, because I believe you are worth the risk."

Tolerance seeks to be inoffensive; love takes risks. Tolerance glorifies division; love seeks unity. Tolerance costs nothing; love costs everything.
2. I haven't seen Avatar and know little to nothing about it, but why does the movie have to have anyone in or not in it? If gays made a movie with all gays in it and heterosexuals protested because of a lack of representation in it, would that be right? What about women? If women made a movie with all women in it and men protested would that be right? If this is to be the standard, we need to be consistent and include everyone in every movie all of the time, otherwise it is hypocritical and inconsistent, is it not?

I don't know how this specifically relates to Avatar lol, so maybe someone can tell me?

3. ...to educate people about evolution? Is this meaning Molecules-to-Man Evolution and how does their protest accomplish this? How is this related to Avatar (I really don't know, so maybe someone can clear it up)? I also don't know what they mean by the transition to transgenderism...?
Old 12-19-2009, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Overbear
1)Even I think this "protest" is ****ing stupid

2)HEY one of my suits is in that picture
the one in the middle right?

Originally Posted by medicSTi
rant...
again, check my post above yours, this is NOT a large organized nation wide protest with thousands of participants, theres no information on the site about where the protests are, who to contact, where to meet, NOTHING! This is a NON EVENT! its one blogger, ONE, and most likely all a gag anyways.

Last edited by Krinkov; 12-19-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:21 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
"Diversity and tolerance are human rights."

Diversity is not a human right. No one is obligated to accept anyone's point-of-view other than their own. Just like you are entitled to your opinion, so are they, regardless of how close-minded or conservative/liberal it may be. This is what bothers me about all these bull**** "rights" organizations spotting their views which are clearly beyond bias. Just like the Christmas thing. I was in Whole Foods just the other day and they sponsored a Jewish organizations celebration of Chanukah in the parking lot. Ok, I'm cool with that. But I know damn well they would not have done that for a Christian organization. Why can't people just not feel entitled to everyone agreeing with their lifestyle.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:34 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
If its not a joke it's really small scale. I have quite a few friends involved in LGBTQA organizations at a national level and none of them know anything about it. In fact most of them cringed when they saw the blog.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
MedicSTI and 1reguL8NSTi make good points and I agree.

But I go one step further. STFU you ****ing ***gots.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:37 PM

Car Info: saabaru 92X
Originally Posted by Pactin
lol, so does bringing up a box office's profits
and once the DVD comes out, they're gonna buy it and not watch it. LOL
Old 12-19-2009, 10:11 PM

this thread...

Old 12-21-2009, 01:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by Krinkov
the one in the middle right?

again, check my post above yours, this is NOT a large organized nation wide protest with thousands of participants, theres no information on the site about where the protests are, who to contact, where to meet, NOTHING! This is a NON EVENT! its one blogger, ONE, and most likely all a gag anyways.
yeah lol, i saw that after you posted