i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Avatar Movie Protests (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/avatar-movie-protests-213656/)

SomethingClassy 12-18-2009 11:21 PM

This is less about the movie and more about the shinanigans organized on this website: [url]http://stopavatarmovie.blogspot.com/[/url]

[QUOTE] On Friday, December 18, 2009 thousands of people will be protesting the release of the James Cameron movie, Avatar. The purpose of the protest is as follows:

1) To make all people aware that heterosexual arrogance, assumptions or exclusions of alternative sexualities in movies is no longer acceptable. Diversity and tolerance are human rights.

2) To speak out for all gay, bi-sexual, genderless and transgender people who are not represented by any character in Avatar.

3) To educate people about Evolution and humanity’s transition to transgenderism.

All protests will be peaceful and non-confrontational. Suggested methods of protest:

* Stand outside of theaters with signs and pamphlets to express your views
* Sit down in theater lobbies and do not move unless the police use force or violence upon you
* Stand up during a viewing of Avatar and remain standing
* Buy tickets to Avatar in bulk but do not attend showings. An empty theater sends a message
* Bring your mate to the theater and show affection to each other.

Reminder: SILENCE = DEATH. We will be silent no more.[/QUOTE]

I'm all for the support of the LGBSTA but...seriously? What the ****? Why? What?

gunmtl 12-18-2009 11:24 PM

Wow.. Really, Nothing better to do. There should be a protest for this protest

rau 12-18-2009 11:38 PM

Im protesting this protest then......

Pactin 12-18-2009 11:40 PM

[QUOTE]* [B]Buy tickets to Avatar in bulk[/B] but do not attend showings. [B]An empty theater sends a message[/B][/QUOTE]

lol, so does bringing up a box office's profits

Superglue WRX 12-18-2009 11:48 PM

Not sure if serious?

brucelee 12-19-2009 12:18 AM

Is this real? People are protesting because there aren't gay people in the film? What the hell is a genderless person? Genderless?

Spoolin415 12-19-2009 12:31 AM

Like the Critical M*******s, piss off the people you're trying to educate to your cause. These individuals are just a genetic anomaly. Come to think of it, maybe the CM fools are messed up genetically too.

Or this could all be a joke, I have a hard time believing any group of people could be this bored.

Jin 12-19-2009 01:15 AM

i'm gonna be furious if i dont see an asian guy in the movie.

PikkaGTR 12-19-2009 01:58 AM

[IMG]http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/thats_racist_animated_11197.gif[/IMG]

chimchimm5 12-19-2009 02:17 AM

wtf? a movie does not need to touch on every fricken hot issue.

This movie has NOTHING to do with hetereo sexuality

RU-X 12-19-2009 03:10 AM

first off, i fail to see what this has to do with a movie, unless it's way the f out there and obvoiuse that it's attacking a group of poeple...

but with that said. pshhhhhhhh, f that. people need to understand and respect other people's point of view on different topics. thats the only way we will move to a more peaceful society.

if you can't take what other people dish out, enlighten them with your thoughts or don't talk to them and leave. no point in wasting you time trying to changing peoples mind on subjects. if we all thought the same way, would makes you, you?

brucelee 12-19-2009 07:45 AM

[QUOTE=RU-X;2777645]first off, i fail to see what this has to do with a movie, unless it's way the f out there and obvoiuse that it's attacking a group of poeple...

but with that said. pshhhhhhhh, f that. people need to understand and respect other people's point of view on different topics. thats the only way we will move to a more peaceful society.

if you can't take what other people dish out, enlighten them with your thoughts or don't talk to them and leave. no point in wasting you time trying to changing peoples mind on subjects. if we all thought the same way, would makes you, you?[/QUOTE]

Ah, well said, now if only EVERYONE thought like you did ;)

Krinkov 12-19-2009 10:52 AM

jeez you guys are gullible :o

pho_shizzle 12-19-2009 11:36 AM

LOL i call fake. cuz theres no reverend jesse jackson preaching that theres no brack avatar in the movie.

Gibz 12-19-2009 11:57 AM

No kidding, that's the main part that stood out to me. That will make them happy having show sold out and won't have to clean up after movie slobs. Sorry I say slobs because I am the type to take my trash with me to a garbage can. Plus I would think they would fill the seats seeing no one was in to see the show and actually making double for that showing.

I don't even know what the movie is about atm but this protest doesn't sound like it would work to well. If you were really to protest doesn't make sense to actually spend hella money to book the whole showing. Seems backassward to drop hella cash on something that you are against cus in the end you're only making them happy.

[QUOTE=Pactin;2777596]lol, so does bringing up a box office's profits[/QUOTE]