attn: imprezer (track day refund) --- The split/ranting part of the thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 03:53 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by I-Speed USA
Must we keep digging this up? At least be accurate:

I-Speed USA "sponsored" the event. The event was slated to have specific events/contests-
Per Imprezer 12-17-2003:
"we are going to have a Tuner Time Attack Trial. Details are being worked out. Race against the clock.
---
Car show will also be organized there. So those of you who don't want to track race your cars are more than welcome to come. Remember, this is not just a track day. This is a huge Subaru event.

Car show will be judged and prises awarded to the following classes.

1. Best Sleeper
2. Best Tuned
3. Best of Show

We might split the 1 and 2 category into "Old School" and "New Age" depending on how many cars will enter.

So, if you are planning to attend, please post here so that I have an idea how many non-racing participants will be there.
---
Finally, SubyDude vs. Alex will take place there. I have been craving those meatballs. "

Due to a circumstances several events did not occur as promised, most importantly, in our eyes, the headliner "time attack". Our concerns and comments were expressed to the Event coordinator, Alex. Needless to say but he was rather unhappy with our criticisms. That evening we received a late night phone call asking for our paypal address. We were going to be given our money back, which we never asked for, because our comments about the event planning were deemed unsubstantiated and uncalled for. As a result of this whole ordeal I-Speed USA received a refund of $565 (not a full refund because we did have a few cars that did use track time), our vendor status from I-Club was revoked, and Alex swore to never work with or promote I-Speed ever.

Sadly that was that.

Chris

Oh, I'm sure that was it... Chris, you're probably the worst, most unpleasant person I have EVER dealt with in my life. All you care about is money and business... you don't give a **** about friendship or anything. I love Bill... he's an awesome guy who has never done me wrong... but I feel bad for him, because he has to work with you. Your cut throat tactics are beyond ridiculous... Not only that, but you're a dick! You're an *******... and NO ONE likes you. If you want people to buy your products, quit being such an *** all the damn time... be nice, not just because someone is gonna buy your ****... but because that’s the proper way to run a business. You're not Donald Trumph or Shiv, (because you don't know what the hell you're doing (Not talking about Bill here), so you have no right to be the cocky *** that you are.

I know a lot of the bay area guys can relate to what I just said... and I know its NOT just me that feels this way.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:53 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Thumbs down

So much drama. Personally I have known Chris for a while and have been a customer of his for quite some time (since the garage installfests at his house). I don't think Chris is all those things you just described him as. That's pretty harsh. But anyways, you have to remember he is running a business. Sometimes people try to d1ck around with you and you have to be on top of your game. Money is money. But he does not RIP PEOPLE OFF (Shiv). I will tell you however that Chris is very blunt about things. If he thinks you're a *****, he's gonna tell you to your face. He won't post crap about you online on a message board. So, if you dont like him, call him up but don't badmouth people behind their back.

Last edited by Lurk; 09-27-2004 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:15 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
Originally Posted by brucelee
Oh, I'm sure that was it... Chris, you're probably the worst, most unpleasant person I have EVER dealt with in my life. All you care about is money and business... you don't give a **** about friendship or anything. I love Bill... he's an awesome guy who has never done me wrong... but I feel bad for him, because he has to work with you. Your cut throat tactics are beyond ridiculous... Not only that, but you're a dick! You're an *******... and NO ONE likes you. If you want people to buy your products, quit being such an *** all the damn time... be nice, not just because someone is gonna buy your ****... but because that’s the proper way to run a business. You're not Donald Trumph or Shiv, (because you don't know what the hell you're doing (Not talking about Bill here), so you have no right to be the cocky *** that you are.

I know a lot of the bay area guys can relate to what I just said... and I know its NOT just me that feels this way.
not taking sides or anything....but....

Chris quoted what Alex advertised for the event, Showing what we could look for to if we paid the price. I didnt see any of those things take place for whatever reason....and to some I can see where they feel like something was wrong.

Thats like advertising a "deluxe burger" for $5.00...you pay it, only to find that they ran out of all the makings except the meat and cheese....and expecting you to be fine and dandy about it.

Dont get me wrong...I personally had a blast and someday look forward to doing this again. I know it was Alex first time getting this together and he did a great job. Next time though...a tuner thingy might be interesting and I hope everyone comes through.

-freddie

ps. plus a show down with Alex and Joe

Last edited by 1WRX2NV; 09-27-2004 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
Originally Posted by Lurk
So much drama. Personally I have known Chris for a while and have been a customer of his for quite some time (since the garage installfests at his house). I don't think Chris is all those things you just described him as. That's pretty harsh. But anyways, you have to remember he is running a business. Sometimes people try to d1ck around with you and you have to be on top of your game. Money is money. But he does not RIP PEOPLE OFF (Shiv). I will tell you however that Chris is very blunt about things. If he thinks you're a *****, he's gonna tell you to your face. He won't post crap about you online on a message board. So, if you dont like him, call him up but don't badmouth people behind their back.
So how does Shiv rip people off?
Old 09-27-2004, 04:33 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by AWD 20T
So how does Shiv rip people off?
Hmm...$1600 for a stupid POS rebadged MAGNAFLOW "signature" exhaust? Not a ripoff? Haha, please. I just stated a fact. There are so many more personal stories about Shiv, just dig around a little.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:44 PM
VIP Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the business owner's perogative to charge whatever he/she wishes for products? I don't care what the stuff is made of, if people don't want to pay certain prices, they won't. As far as personal stories go, I'm sure there are some about every single vendor and member on this site. Personally, I think it's better to judge based on first hand experience. Hell, people could tell me thousands of stories about a business, but if I was satisfied with the experience I had with them, I would care less.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lurk

Behind his back? How is posting something on an online forum which he reads talking crap behind his back? I know Chris is blunt... I've told him off in person before too... there's a reason he doesn't talk to me anymore, because he knows I'll tell him whats on my mind... I could care less.

Ive known Chris for like almost 5 years now... and even before he had a business, he was a dick... he always has, and always will be one. Now that I-Speed came about, he's gotten like 1000x worse.

Secondly, Shiv doesn't rip people off... People go to him knowing what prices they are going to pay, and they know what quality service they will get. Shiv can be cocky sometimes too... but you know what? He knows his shiit and has every right to be cocky if he wants to. He's not always talking about business (Actually, I think he tends to avoid business when he can) he's a kind guy who is cool to talk cars with... cuz he knows his stuff.

Chris = Knows nothing... He can install a steering wheel? Wow!

I'm not dissing Bill, or I-speed in any way... just Chris, as he will be the downfall to Ispeed.

And Chris, if you're reading this... KISS MY ***.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:00 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by AWD 20T
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the business owner's perogative to charge whatever he/she wishes for products? I don't care what the stuff is made of, if people don't want to pay certain prices, they won't. As far as personal stories go, I'm sure there are some about every single vendor and member on this site. Personally, I think it's better to judge based on first hand experience. Hell, people could tell me thousands of stories about a business, but if I was satisfied with the experience I had with them, I would care less.
If store A sells a bottle of Coke for $1.19 and Store B charges $3.49 do you not consider store B to be a rip off?

I am not saying store B is not allowed to charge $3.49, but who would you buy from?
Old 09-27-2004, 05:07 PM

can you guys quit this ****. this post was bumped by me because alex wrote that i would be refunded by the end of august, and it is now the end of september and no refund. i dont care who likes who or who got ripped off, i just want my ****ing $165 back.

ben
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
If store A sells a bottle of Coke for $1.19 and Store B charges $3.49 do you not consider store B to be a rip off?

I am not saying store B is not allowed to charge $3.49, but who would you buy from?
I would buy from the store that doesn't charge $75 to fix a problem they made. *cough i-speed*

Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX

What if store B has the same exact bottle of coke... only the coke is a different formula, and goes down way faster, and comes out way cleaner? LOL

I'd get my tuning done from Shiv... but I'd get my exhaust elsewhere (Like make it myself!). haha
Old 09-27-2004, 05:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
What if store B has the same exact bottle of coke... only the coke is a different formula, and goes down way faster, and comes out way cleaner? LOL

I'd get my tuning done from Shiv... but I'd get my exhaust elsewhere (Like make it myself!). haha
If you're having problems with your coke not coming out "clean", you don't need to see shiv, you need to see a uroligist.

-Chris
Old 09-27-2004, 05:11 PM
I <3 White Girls

Originally Posted by dan avoN7
I would buy from the store that doesn't charge $75 to fix a problem they made. *cough i-speed*
what are u refering to...as far as I know you have not done business with them..
Old 09-27-2004, 05:12 PM
I <3 White Girls

I am not refering to tuning, I am refering to products sold.

Tuning is a service, Exhaust/Coke is a product.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:15 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bassplayrr
If you're having problems with your coke not coming out "clean", you don't need to see shiv, you need to see a uroligist.

-Chris
I <3 you Chris, you always find humor to lift the spirits in touchy situations!

Quick Reply: attn: imprezer (track day refund) --- The split/ranting part of the thread