Arse. Body shop recommendations in the East Bay

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 02:10 PM

Car Info: 2011 STI Sedan
****. Body shop recommendations in the East Bay

Managed to pull the amazingly idiot move of reversing out of the garage with the rear passenger side door open. Cue crunch sounds and a bent up door.

Anyway, looks like the door can be straightened, but not by me. Anyone got any recommendations for good Suby-experienced body shops? Prefer East Bay but Bay Area in general will do.

TIA.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Shops cars: 07 STI & 07 Lotus Exige S
Yeaman Auto Body
2025 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, Ca 94303
650-328-8169

They do really good work..

-bryan

Old 09-19-2009, 04:22 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Mikes Auto Body in Concord/Walnut Creek is good. They did some work on my rear bumper and left wheel well. I had some scratches and chipping and they blended the paint very well, cant even tell. My friends and family have also had good experiences.

Last edited by subie OCD; 09-19-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:51 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Originally Posted by subie OCD
Mikes Auto Body in Concord...
Mike Rose auto body in Concord is batting about 500 with me, I've taken 3 different cars there, all at least twice, and they've messed up about 1/2 the time - they just don't do so well anymore, and they don't fix the errors, as proof, the last car they did for me has paint drips on the bumper and they missed one of the dings on the tailgate when I was rear ended.

They didn't want to fix the ding, because they said they'd have to debage the rear to fix it...WTF, why didn't they fix it the first time.

The moron that does the estimates always says, in rear enders at least, "I'll power buff the rear" but he NEVER writes that down, so it never happens, I suspect if someone had power buffed the rear they would've seen the ding they missed. BTW, 3rd time they didn't power buff the rear for me.

I would NOT recommend this shop to anyone.

I have 4 or 5 stories about what they didn't do. They are not crooks, just sloppy, there is a nice looking shop in Brentwood who are crooks.

I only have shops I don't like, there used to be a good shop in Oakland, but they closed down They had done excellent work on my old Porsche.

I also need a recommendation to a good shop, got rear ended AGAIN, but Mikes (Mike Rose) isn't getting any more of my business, they just don't do such a good job anymore.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:03 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by AutoHQ
Yeaman Auto Body
2025 East Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, Ca 94303
650-328-8169

They do really good work..

-bryan

They did good work, but they missed some damage. When I pointed it out to them while I was picking up my car (yes, before I drove the car off the lot), they said it would cost an extra $200. IMHO, if you're fixing a tail light and trunk from a rear end collision, the tail light should be flush to the trunk and bumper from the work.

I've stopped by RJ's paint shop in Pleasanton, it's on the expensive side, but they're extremely thorough. I've seen some of the work they do, and it was perfect. Also, I noticed that they do a lot of the paint work for Suby Dude.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subie
Haws Plaza Auto Body Shop in Lafayette did great work on my bumper
Old 09-19-2009, 06:34 PM

Car Info: amber lamps/fire engine/06 STi
little red's in san leandro. been there twice, i chose them because of their yelp reviews and i stand by them 4 1/2 stars for a body shop on yelp is pretty damn good in my book. gus takes care of you and he cares.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/little-reds-...on-san-leandro
Old 09-20-2009, 10:21 PM

Car Info: 2017 Limited Edition BRZ
If you want to go to an AWESOME body shop that does GREAT work at a GREAT price, along with GREAT customer service, then I definitely recommend Apex Auto Body. Ask for Paul because he's worked on my car at least 3-4 times and he has ALWAYS done an incredible job and at a very good price.

Check them out on yelp here

I promise you will not be disappointed with their work. If you want to check out his work, you're more than welcome to check out my car since the work on it is still pretty recent.

Good luck in finding a shop.