alignment/tire rotation problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 10:56 AM

Car Info: 03 wrb wrx
alignment/tire rotation problem

Hey so I'm running on BF Goodrich G-Forces and they always had a slight pull to the right on the highway, but I read that this was due to the line of the road.

Anyways, I recently got them rotated. I switched the fronts with the rears and kept them on the same side of the car (front right to rear right, etc.)

But now I notice my car is pulling to the right more and also my steering wheel feels loose on the highway whereas before it felt stiff. Last time I checked all four of my tires had the same pressure, so I don't know what the problem could be. Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited by tgphan; 09-07-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:06 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
When's the last time you had an alignment done on the car?

How many miles are on the tires?

Which exact model of G-Force tires are you driving on? Saying BF Goodrich G-Forces is like saying you are driving on Bridgestone Potenza's. That is not the particular tire, it is the main category of tires for the manufacturer (i.e. it would be their performance tire category), but it is not the specific model.

Depending on the tire you may be able to swap left to right (swap the two tires on the front). If the tire is not designed for that, then maybe swapping front-to-back with the tires and then see if there still is a tire pull (this would be assuming the alignment is correct first).