Alameda cops got me.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 03:22 AM

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX
I grew up in Alameda and go back all the time and can attest that they are jerks.

Only reason I never get in trouble there is because my best friend's dad is a cop there, they know my car well. I've never been pulled over in Alameda/Oakland.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:29 AM

Car Info: EQ tuned 05 STi
Originally Posted by brucelee
man, that hella sucks, I'm really sorry to hear it. Did they ticket you with a state ref ticket and let you go? I bet that took forever. WEAK!
They got me for
modified smog- turbo timer
loud exhaust - baffle removed
and
8-5.3aml Speed

apperently the speeding was brought down to a municipal violation and not a moving violation so it doesn't get reported to the DMV or my insurance.

Oh they also said that they wanted me to open my hood cause I had a fancy intake on the hood and they didn't want to break it.

They has me there for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:29 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
sorry haven't read anywhere that stated where it got towed from that's why I asked if it was at bam or on the way back to the bay. I know where bam was held it was a simple question was all.
Originally Posted by brucelee
No, not from BAM, BAM was in Novato, the car was towed from a lot in Alameda.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:52 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Alameda cops really have nothing better to do. They will pull you over for going 1mph over the speed limit.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:01 AM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
Originally Posted by realjoker1
i hate the cops in the bay area period, both times i was there with my rex i got pulled over twice in one weekend and my hood popped! luckly they let me go with a warning both times! at that time i had a catback and cold air(which is CARB exempt) but still the california police system is trying every way to get money! gay! glad im in Nevada now where they dont care what your DB level is as long as your not speeding, oh and you can pass catless here as long as you dont have the check engine light on! loving it here...lol
Yea but making a right turn on a red light even after checking for traffic is illegal, that's pretty stupid.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:07 AM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
Originally Posted by sammae01
Yea but making a right turn on a red light even after checking for traffic is illegal, that's pretty stupid.
As long as its a complete stop and as long as there aren't any signs saying no right turn on red, you should be fine...
Old 08-10-2009, 11:30 AM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
I love the cops in SF. Ive had a few stop and ask me about my car to learn more... I got pulled over once for making a wrong turn down a one-way and they pulled me over reminded me about my seatbelt and told me to drive safer next time.

The SF cops all seem like they want to help you, rather than harrass you...
Old 08-10-2009, 11:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by HELLA
Coming back from alameda thru the tunnel and they said I was speeding then they said from what they seen they had reason to belive my car was highly modified and they inspected my car in the end they got me for my exhaust and said the turbo timer was illegal in the state of california. Weak.
So how fast were you going? And is your car modified?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by subaruwrx
I love the cops in SF. Ive had a few stop and ask me about my car to learn more... I got pulled over once for making a wrong turn down a one-way and they pulled me over reminded me about my seatbelt and told me to drive safer next time.

The SF cops all seem like they want to help you, rather than harrass you...
werd. ive had cops save me from getting a "drinking in public" ticket from the park ranger. this was after bay to breakers so it was a field day for the park rangers. the cops were going around to each group telling people to put alcohol in red cups. he posted up by us til the ranger came around and said "you're up" only to have the ranger take a quick glance to make sure we weren't drinking. cops says, "if i wasnt working right now i'd be joining you". cool guys.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:56 AM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by realjoker1
i hate the cops in the bay area period, both times i was there with my rex i got pulled over twice in one weekend and my hood popped! luckly they let me go with a warning both times! at that time i had a catback and cold air(which is CARB exempt) but still the california police system is trying every way to get money! gay! glad im in Nevada now where they dont care what your DB level is as long as your not speeding, oh and you can pass catless here as long as you dont have the check engine light on! loving it here...lol
You had NV plates and they popped your hood?

What were they going to do, ask you to register it in CA on the spot so they can ticket you? Morons.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
It seems as if people need to be reminded of the adage "you gotta pay to play illegally."
Old 08-10-2009, 12:13 PM

Car Info: (RiP)05 STi...tears
yeah i work in the Harbor Bay Parkway business buildings in Alameda and there is always a cop just posted right across the Raiders headquaters! i didn't know about it when i first started working there and got a ticket! they really don't have any thing better to do! and by the way SF cops do seem to be more laid back on Suby's
Old 08-10-2009, 05:07 PM

Car Info: EQ tuned 05 STi
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
So how fast were you going? And is your car modified?
My car is bone stock other than cbe and a turbo timer.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:14 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by HELLA
They got me for
modified smog- turbo timer
loud exhaust - baffle removed
and
8-5.3aml Speed

apperently the speeding was brought down to a municipal violation and not a moving violation so it doesn't get reported to the DMV or my insurance.

Oh they also said that they wanted me to open my hood cause I had a fancy intake on the hood and they didn't want to break it.

They has me there for about 30 to 40 minutes.
They used modified smog for turbo timer... WTF? I wonder if you can fight that. It has NOTHING to do with smog unless they count your car idling as smog. You can do the same thing by sitting in your car for 15 seconds.

I know in some areas... like new jersey, you can't leave your car parked and idling for smog reasons but it's not a "modified" smog deal.

hmmmm.

they sending you to a ref or letting you do a write off correction?
Old 08-10-2009, 05:16 PM

Car Info: RIP: 2000 2.5RS Sedan, BRP Now: 08 WRB WRX Hatch
wait... so was there really someone got got their car towed by cops on our way to meet the alameda group?

Quick Reply: Alameda cops got me.