2011 Scion TC will be RWDw/ boxer engine.. Toyaru?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:47 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by mcast
is this the rebirth of the 86? there's been so many damn rumors and pictures around the web of the new 86. as expected though, it had to be a scion.
Yes it was officially said by a Toyota spokesperson that the intention is to bring the performance:value ratio that the old AE86 corolla did in the 80's. The working code for the new co-developed Toyota Subaru coupe is also 086A, which gives an obvious clue as to the spiritual ancestor of the new coupe. Now that Akio is in charge, I really do have faith in Toyota bringing back performance vehicles, and other than the 086A, and the LF-A, I'm sure we'll be hearing about a higher end coupe (supra replacement) in the coming years.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:51 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by vodka
Yes it was officially said by a Toyota spokesperson that the intention is to bring the performance:value ratio that the old AE86 corolla did in the 80's. The working code for the new co-developed Toyota Subaru coupe is also 086A, which gives an obvious clue as to the spiritual ancestor of the new coupe. Now that Akio is in charge, I really do have faith in Toyota bringing back performance vehicles, and other than the 086A, and the LF-A, I'm sure we'll be hearing about a higher end coupe (supra replacement) in the coming years.
There are rumors floating around we MAY see a solid axle return in the form of the FJ Cruser/4runner
Old 08-08-2009, 12:22 AM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
This thread reminds me of this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KTQQ...rom=PL&index=5

Old 08-08-2009, 12:27 AM

Car Info: RWD Camry
Originally Posted by sammae01
This thread reminds me of this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KTQQ...rom=PL&index=5

lol classic vid. I dont even know how that was possible
Old 08-08-2009, 12:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Overbear
Now, what I would give anything to get in the US, is a Ford Focus RS, 2.5 turbo motor, AWD, 3 door hatch....

Do want!
Pity the Focus RS only came in a 2.0 litre FWD. I drove one and it was not much fun. Way too much torque steer (spelling?)
Old 08-08-2009, 12:31 AM

Car Info: 2009 wrx
Originally Posted by Overbear
In truth, VW was the first to do a AWD car also, 1938 saw a VW bug, that had AWD, it went all of 20mph, but it worked.
why do you guys gotta keep crushing my vision of subarus lol. at this rate, i might as well have just bought a VW. a GTI would be nice. don't tell me that, in reality, Ford made the very first GTI-like car

Last edited by donkeykong; 08-08-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:14 AM

Car Info: Eclipse
I'm not going to lie, a lot of tC owners do rice out their cars. These are the individuals who usually just got their cars and just want to start modding in any way possible. Though than again, there are tC owners who do have clean cars and do only buy expensive quality parts. The way I see it is, if your a car enthusiast it shouldn't even matter if the tC gets an upgrade like that, see it has a compliment. I use to drive a tC, but just recently traded it in for a 07 2.5i.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...0526091623.jpg
(Story behind the picture is that I hydrolocked my engine before this, they forced the O2 sensor off my header because it seized onto it. Instead of putting a new header, they rethreaded it. I paid $7000+ for repairs and then when I was driving one day, my O2 sensor decides to fall off and my car begins to knock and I have toyota red coolant everywhere in my engine bay, they tired to blame me for it, but after arguing I got it fully paid, this is when it was getting towed for the 02 sensor and coolant.

I don't know if you guys would consider it rice or not.

Last edited by PaulWalker; 08-08-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by glenspen
Pity the Focus RS only came in a 2.0 litre FWD. I drove one and it was not much fun. Way too much torque steer (spelling?)
You are half right, I see they did choose to leave the AWD out of the 09 but...

Pop the vented hood on the Focus RS and you'll find a 2.5-liter turbocharged Duratec 5-cylinder tuned to dish out 300 PS (295 hp) and 302 lb-ft (410 Nm). All that juice is directed to the front wheels -- a passport to Torque Steer Hell under normal circumstances. In the case of the RS, however, Ford has developed a front suspension system unique to the car that it dubs,"RevoKnuckle". It works in concert with a Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing limited-slip differential to mitigate the effects of the torque steer enemy
Why does Europe get the cool cars as we get stuck with crap like the mustang?

Last edited by Overbear; 08-08-2009 at 06:06 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by PaulWalker
I'm not going to lie, a lot of tC owners do rice out their cars. These are the individuals who usually just got their cars and just want to start modding in any way possible. Though than again, there are tC owners who do have clean cars and do only buy expensive quality parts. The way I see it is, if your a car enthusiast it shouldn't even matter if the tC gets an upgrade like that, see it has a compliment. I use to drive a tC, but just recently traded it in for a 07 2.5i.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...0526091623.jpg
(Story behind the picture is that I hydrolocked my engine before this, they forced the O2 sensor off my header because it seized onto it. Instead of putting a new header, they rethreaded it. I paid $7000+ for repairs and then when I was driving one day, my O2 sensor decides to fall off and my car begins to knock and I have toyota red coolant everywhere in my engine bay, they tired to blame me for it, but after arguing I got it fully paid, this is when it was getting towed for the 02 sensor and coolant.

I don't know if you guys would consider it rice or not.

No, not rice at all, and I don't know why people here get down on the scions as being rice. Rice, is well... IMHO, any car that looks like it drove into the pep boys accessory isle and came out with one of everything. Hell I saw a WRX style scoop...on a "donk" and yes I would call that idiot rice too even if it was an American car.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:30 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
The tC isn't a bad little car. Add a turbo and make it RWD and it would probably be a really fun car to blast around in.

Thanks
-- Ed
Old 08-08-2009, 01:32 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
^^ i would so drive the focus RS
Old 08-08-2009, 01:57 PM

Car Info: 2009 wrx
Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
^^ i would so drive the focus RS
same