2010-2011 Outback lowering

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 11:43 AM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
I think lowering an Outback is pointless. The Outback is supposed to be Subaru's off-road-ish wagon with the outdoors in mind. Lowering it would just make a Legacy wagon, but as you said, they don't make anymore for North America

I say just find a Legacy wagon, they come "lowered" anyways (the Outback, Forester, and Tribeca have lifted suspensions for off-road use).
Old 09-17-2010, 01:21 PM

Car Info: 09 STI
Originally Posted by AWDfreak
I think lowering an Outback is pointless. The Outback is supposed to be Subaru's off-road-ish wagon with the outdoors in mind. Lowering it would just make a Legacy wagon, but as you said, they don't make anymore for North America

I say just find a Legacy wagon, they come "lowered" anyways (the Outback, Forester, and Tribeca have lifted suspensions for off-road use).
Well, older Legacys (including MY09) are kind of pointless IMHO because of the interior size. The new one is just right in my opinion (I'm not talking about exterior design ).

I don't think that the old Outback needs any lowering - it's the right height for what it is. But the newer Outback is noticeably higher. I just need a big Subaru wagon, not SUV. I'll test drive it. Hopefully handling will not be bad

Other candidates: Volvo XC70 (no AWD V70 available), Saab 9-3, etc....
Old 09-17-2010, 03:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Unhappy

Originally Posted by AWDfreak

The point in lowering an '05-'09 Outback was because the Outback was the only Legacy wagon that came with the fender flares. When lowered they look awesome!

The new Outback/Legacy wagon (which we don't get) is, as the previous poster mentioned, considerably larger than the outgoing Outback/Legacy. Just the right size IMHO. As the previous poster stated, some of us need a larger wagon but don't want the extra ride height of the Outback. Since they won't bring us the Exiga STi, we're forced to look elsewhere

And for reference, this is the Exiga STi:

-Brian