2007 STi (Planned Mod List)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 07:14 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
man baller stuff! i wish i could afford that stuff. i got a pretty good plan for my baby but it's gonna have to wait until i start making some maaddd money. i think for visuals, you should put in a nice lip atleast. i know some people don't care about looks because it's ricer, but a nice lip really gives the car a new aggressive look. the v-limited looks really good with the 06-07's. also gonna need a nice set of rims to finish it off. I suggest one of the "better" brands, but rota's are a good option too if your budget is tight. as for the tires, a lot of people are happy with falken rt615's, i read the bridgestone potenza re01r's are good, as well as some others, but the re070's should last for a tiny bit.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Looks like you are missing FP20G and Injectrors
Old 03-06-2007, 12:07 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by verc
No! He wants to bring the PAIN TRAIN, right Daweism?
Well in that case, an 8cm Green or a rotated setup should do the trick
Old 03-06-2007, 12:25 AM

Car Info: sc300
omg that gold battery tie down is gonna be soo tight.........
Old 03-06-2007, 01:54 AM

Car Info: 93 Camry LE
What heck is the --> - you forgot about the front subframe, that is like 8 bolts to remove (after removing the underbody plastic) and saves ~25lbs (?)

Yeah, I wanna bring the pain WITH the stock Turbo and stock TMIC.

I'm hoping to get at least 320 WHP and 360 WTQ while maintaning daily driveability and the longevity of a stock OEM STi. Are my numbers far fetched?

I'm not rich lol, I'll be putting away about $500 a month for mods so it'll be at least a year to 2 years before I have everything I want, and I haven't even bought the STi yet, currently saving for a fat *** down payment around $15k hopefully. And anticipating the 2008 STi and deciding whether I want the 07 or the 08.

Would injectors help that much with my setup???
Also looking into the Prodrive springs vs the STi Pinks.
How much WHP and WTQ does a Inlet Pipe bestow upon thee??? I heard they are a biatch to install...

Thanks for all the comments, facts, opinions, and input everyone!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:30 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by Daweism
What heck is the --> - you forgot about the front subframe, that is like 8 bolts to remove (after removing the underbody plastic) and saves ~25lbs (?)

Yeah, I wanna bring the pain WITH the stock Turbo and stock TMIC.

I'm hoping to get at least 320 WHP and 360 WTQ while maintaning daily driveability and the longevity of a stock OEM STi. Are my numbers far fetched?

I'm not rich lol, I'll be putting away about $500 a month for mods so it'll be at least a year to 2 years before I have everything I want, and I haven't even bought the STi yet, currently saving for a fat *** down payment around $15k hopefully. And anticipating the 2008 STi and deciding whether I want the 07 or the 08.

Also looking into the Prodrive springs vs the STi Pinks.
How much WHP and WTQ does a Inlet Pipe bestow upon thee??? I heard they are a biatch to install...

Thanks for all the comments, facts, opinions, and input everyone!

If you look under the sidekirts of your car you'll see these hollow beams running alongside the side of the car that run up to an X shape across the car. It's there to protect against offset (like 45 degree) collisions. But like, the fact you go to lightweight bumper beam kinda means you already don't care about that.

Maybe someone else can chime in but these injectors are very cool because they come with flow testing documentation on the exact injectors that were shipped to you. http://www.deatschwerks.com/
Old 03-06-2007, 03:36 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc680mjt.htm

Weighs 15.4 lbs, and is a lot cheaper than $240.
Hahaha I got 2 for that. One fer me and one fer Gagan.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:44 PM

Yes they will help. Even if you stay with the stock turbo and port the WG, you will need to flow more fuel. While the stock STi injectors "may" handle this, I wouldn't chance it. Fuel pump and injectors insure the fuel delivery system is not over taxed. You just don't want to be running the injectors at their "full bore" and it would be smart to get injectors that don't have to run near their max to deliver plenty of fuel. And if you decide to swap the turbo (VF39 SUX!) then the injectors are a must.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:08 PM

But injectors are dam expensive...
Old 03-06-2007, 04:26 PM

But injectors are dam expensive...
so is safe reliable hp

You list doesn't look too cheap. Modding a brand new car is never going to be a budget kind of thing.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by STiYLIN
so is safe reliable hp

You list doesn't look too cheap. Modding a brand new car is never going to be a budget kind of thing.
I'll probably add it down the line...

First I'm going to do all the cosmetic and exterior mods, they are the cheapest and easiest.

Then go Cobb AP v2 with the TBE.

Then suspension mods.

Then the rest of the power mods.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:08 PM

Have you driven an STI yet?

You might be surprised how capable the car is in stock form.

At least wait until you have an idea of the car's shortcomings before you open your wallet.

For instance:

I knew that I wanted the car to sit a little lower with a smoother ride -> RCE springs and Group-N strut tops

I wanted seats that wouldn't hurt my back and provide actual support in the corners -> Recaro Speeds

I wanted to get rid of the front end push -> Big Whiteline FSB and KB endlinks

It's great that you're doing all that research, but slow down! With what you're paying for the car and all those mods that you're already looking at, you're nearing the price of an S4 or 335i.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:24 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
I agree with Bell R.

The STi and Evo are beautiful cars in stock form. I say get the car first, drive it around, and make improvements to the car's downfall in your opinion first. It sounds like you want some more hp/tq, and according to the convo about the uppipe, you want every last hp possible. I suggest just moving to bigger turbo. Sure the Vf39 is a good turbo, but for all that work (and $$) you might as well go bigger. Not every turbo willl have huge turbo lag. But with the 2.5l, i highly doubt you can notice it. I"m jealous *looks down kicks ej20*
Old 03-14-2008, 09:13 AM

What the hell lol, this thread is so old.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
so did you ever do all that stuff to your sti?

Quick Reply: 2007 STi (Planned Mod List)