Pictures of cars that have passed recon.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 04:47 AM

Car Info: Impreza GC8 00' 2.5rs
Just passed today. Only issues I had, (besides obligatory sticker/decals) was not having the amber reflectors/bulbs, they're real stern on that. The inspector I had was really nice and tried his best to ensure my passing.

Just a heads up for those who don't know. It depends on the luck of the of draw to be honest; a strict inspector or one that will give you less hassle. Based on what my inspector told me, he said even if the inspector is lenient like he was, there is still a high chance he/she will do the following: bounce test your vehicle (I know its a ridiculous practice), will check for tint to see if its in that legal range, and check for amber colored reflectors. I may be missing a lot of important details but those are a few that stood out on my end. To better your chances make an effort to make it easy for them, come on time, hood open, and have in hand your registration, driver's license and alignment papers (if the vehicle is on after market suspension).

I hoped that insight helped.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:09 PM

Car Info: 03 Wrx
Originally Posted by JayZhu
Just passed today. Only issues I had, (besides obligatory sticker/decals) was not having the amber reflectors/bulbs, they're real stern on that. The inspector I had was really nice and tried his best to ensure my passing.

Just a heads up for those who don't know. It depends on the luck of the of draw to be honest; a strict inspector or one that will give you less hassle. Based on what my inspector told me, he said even if the inspector is lenient like he was, there is still a high chance he/she will do the following: bounce test your vehicle (I know its a ridiculous practice), will check for tint to see if its in that legal range, and check for amber colored reflectors. I may be missing a lot of important details but those are a few that stood out on my end. To better your chances make an effort to make it easy for them, come on time, hood open, and have in hand your registration, driver's license and alignment papers (if the vehicle is on after market suspension).

thanks for the heads up on the amber reflectors , i m guessing u dont need amber signal on the fenders since u have clear ones

and i gotta take off the tint prev owner had 5% tint all windows --;

i c u got ur car running man (looks even cleaner than the last time i saw it)

Last edited by kenjisan808; 04-02-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:38 PM

Car Info: Impreza GC8 00' 2.5rs
Originally Posted by kenjisan808
thanks for the heads up on the amber reflectors , i m guessing u dont need amber signal on the fenders since u have clear ones

and i gotta take off the tint prev owner had 5% tint all windows --;

i c u got ur car running man (looks even cleaner than the last time i saw it)
I'm guessing he didn't notice them. But I'd still slap on the amber sidemarkers anyway, they're like $3-$5+ ea. on special order via Oriely's. But as far as the corner lights to have that DOT approved color... yeah they're hard on those. However...

I over heard the other inspector telling the guy ahead of me, who owned a pick-up: Slap on some orange reflective stickers on the side of your corner lights or find some sticker that looks likes its an amber reflector, paste it on and I'll pass you when you come back.

Dang dude 5%... yeah you might wanna LOL. Yeah! I'm back on the road again! Thanks man I've been actually cleaning it XDD. Still causes a problem here and there, but eh, what do you expect from something 14years old :PPP

Last edited by JayZhu; 04-02-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:22 PM

Car Info: Rust bucketo
Wink

Just for laughs, saw this on the road. Not a car, but truck that apparently passed recon.

I say, if that passed recon, a STi should be allowed to pass recon. hmmph!

Old 04-12-2014, 11:44 PM

Car Info: 57 SM 04 STi, 04 Yamaha R6
Haha. That's my friends truck. he passed recon before he put the 24" lift on. It's totally ridiculous, and he knows it. He planned to put 48" tires on it, but he said it's already too high.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:33 AM

Car Info: car
Originally Posted by YuudaiSTI
Haha. That's my friends truck. he passed recon before he put the 24" lift on. It's totally ridiculous, and he knows it. He planned to put 48" tires on it, but he said it's already too high.
baller status.... thats a lot of money into something he can't really use lol
Old 04-18-2014, 03:31 PM

Car Info: 03 subaru wrx wagon
Originally Posted by JayZhu

i was behind you on the first day i think…lol
i was in the white bugeye wagon