Wheel & Tire Everything about tires and wheels.

will ps2s fit on my wagon????

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 06:14 PM

Car Info: Audi RS4 had 02 WRX Wagon
will ps2s fit on my wagon????

I was planing on buying pilot sport ps2s at costco. I currantly am running kumho 712's on my wagon. Size 225/45/17 and I am going to put the same size tire in the ps2s on my car.

The kumho's are not rubbing at all but I wanted to know if people thought that the ps2s would rub. It is close with the kumho tires.

Are they wider? Has anyone tried them on their own wagons.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:40 PM

Car Info: MY00RS25
A lot of it will depend on the rims you are running. Michelins generally have rounded shoulders but I hear PS2 are more square. According to Tire Rack, the cross section is only wider by 0.1" on the PS2's, so it will probably work. Costco generally doesn't carry those tires, you'll have to special order them. I think you'll get a better price at the Tire Rack.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Originally Posted by skibri
I was planing on buying pilot sport ps2s at costco. I currantly am running kumho 712's on my wagon. Size 225/45/17 and I am going to put the same size tire in the ps2s on my car.

The kumho's are not rubbing at all but I wanted to know if people thought that the ps2s would rub. It is close with the kumho tires.

Are they wider? Has anyone tried them on their own wagons.
I have them on my wagon but the rear fenders are rolled. They fit just fine up front without rolling.

So I would have to say it depends on if your wag is lowered, what rear camber you are running, what offset rims you are running, fenders rolled etc.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:30 PM

thanks

I am running stock struts with eibach sedan springs and no special camber. the rims are OZ superleggera with a 48 offset (i think?) I have removed my rubber strip on the rear fenders for extra room and if I need to I will get them rolled.

Lowball do you like the tires? would you buy them again? or do they ware out to quickly

the costco in SF just started stocking them and according to the guy they are $176 each. That is about the same as tire rack but costco price includes road hazard and mounting. After looking at the tire rack price i feel like he gave me the wrong price on them. But I will find out soon when I go back.

thanks again for the info
Old 05-05-2005, 06:31 AM

Car Info: MY00RS25
I'm running '04 STI rims and the Re070 tires w/out problems, but the STI rims have an offset of +50 or +53.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:05 AM
VIP Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skibri
I am running stock struts with eibach sedan springs and no special camber. the rims are OZ superleggera with a 48 offset (i think?) I have removed my rubber strip on the rear fenders for extra room and if I need to I will get them rolled.

Lowball do you like the tires? would you buy them again? or do they ware out to quickly

the costco in SF just started stocking them and according to the guy they are $176 each. That is about the same as tire rack but costco price includes road hazard and mounting. After looking at the tire rack price i feel like he gave me the wrong price on them. But I will find out soon when I go back.

thanks again for the info
The tires are pricy and I think tirerack has them for 176 each + shipping, if that 176 is mounted and balanced @ costco,and no shipping then it's a good price.

I like the tires. I'd get them again. They will be more than enough for street. Great wet and dry grip and very quiet. I've used them on the open track and I liked the tires. Some will say that the sidewall is to soft and dosen't provide enough feedback. But I think they are great and work very nicely with the right tire pressure. The last HPDE day I went to there were quite a few Porsches running these tires. They may come stock on some Porsches...not sure...

But I give them two thumps up out of a possible two. Great adult performance tire for wet and dry!

So anyway on the fit-up...it's always safest to go with the 215/45-17 but if you get the fenders rolled the 225's will fit no problem.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:05 PM

so I went to costco today to get them $189 and the f-ers would not put them on. They would put 225-40/18 on but not 225/45/17 what the hell. (I should have new Tires on my car today)

I guess I have to get them from tirerack, and wait! I like tire rack, but I wanted free rotations and road hazard, and instant gradification ect ect and if I get them from Tire rack I get none of that.

Thanks for the help anyway guys
Old 05-06-2005, 07:29 PM

Car Info: PSM 2K2 WRX Wagon
What if you bring in the wheel? Or you say it's for a STi?
Old 05-10-2005, 11:07 PM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
Those are the best tires money can buy, IMHO, and yes costco will not mount them on your car if the stock wheel numbers don't match what you got.
Jack it up, take em off and head on over , then they'll mount them for you if the wheels are off the car.
When it comes to the savings , consider that you will have to add mounting to any online price and you will have to use their recomeneded mounting centers. You may find it's a wash with costcos price, and you know for sure that no monkey is gonna whack your lug nuts with an impact wrench!
Old 05-11-2005, 08:27 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by cohlineman
Those are the best tires money can buy, IMHO, and yes costco will not mount them on your car if the stock wheel numbers don't match what you got.
Jack it up, take em off and head on over , then they'll mount them for you if the wheels are off the car.
When it comes to the savings , consider that you will have to add mounting to any online price and you will have to use their recomeneded mounting centers. You may find it's a wash with costcos price, and you know for sure that no monkey is gonna whack your lug nuts with an impact wrench!
Word! I just got the tires from "The RACK" and then had them mounted and balanced @ my friends shop. No monkey's on my car please.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:51 PM

Thanks guys!!!

I think that is what I will do. I will take the wheels off my car and take them over there. What sucks is that I just spent the time to take off my winter rim set up to put on my summers so I could have them mounted with new tires.

I will look into the price again at tire rack and call them to make sure they can not beat Costco price mounted.

I think I am going to be very happy with the PS2s
Old 05-13-2005, 08:57 AM

Car Info: WRB STi Hatch, JSW Diesel
i think youre gonna love your ps2's. ive had them for about 7k+ miles now and these tires are amazing. treadwear is rated at 220, and ive still got 7/32 tread left after 7k+ miles, so im sure theyll last a good 20k miles
Old 05-13-2005, 09:53 AM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
Remember to price the mounting localy and add that to your cost.
Costco used to mount tires but will no longer do so unless purchased through them as are doing all other tire shops for insurance reasons.