Wheel & Tire Everything about tires and wheels.

What are the most stickiest beyond stickiest tires out there??

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 02:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
k i have been hearing good things about the Kumho's hoosiers and Toyo's. i havent heard anything about the Nitto's is that because they suck or is it because they are more of a "domestic" tire so ppl here wouldnt have them? Also who sells hoosiers?

Im leaning towards maybe ecsta v700's all the way around because i havent heard much about Hoosiers or Nitto's. I have never seen Toyo's or Hoosiers for sale so i dont even know if they make my size, also what Model Hoosiers?

Last edited by blue blurr; 11-04-2004 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:33 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
What are you doing with the car? Drag? Open-Track , Autox? what?

Nitto isn't domestic.

BFGoodrich Drag Radials would be domestic.

what i was refering to was Nitto's being more of like a dmoestic tire, ive only seen them on domestics. i was meaning maybe none of the people here have had them thats why they arent recomending them. Also this car is a 'heavy street' car as in i only drive it on the backrodes, and once in a while if i can make it ill try and go to a open track day and maybe a drag day here and there. In the summer i am going to do a school in the car so i also want some good tires for that.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:33 PM
VIP Member

where can you buy Toyo tires?
Old 11-04-2004, 06:05 PM
VIP Member

theres a tire store at sears point? haha where the only store ive seen there is the giftshop that is next to the food place.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:51 PM

Car Info: '09 accord, '14 2 seater chevy
I ran MT Street ET radials on my SS, only about $180 for 315/60/15s. Those things hooked up Sooooo nice. Beware though, they have so much traction you need to learn to slip the clutch or you'll bog like a mother. Dumping the pedal I'd get 1.90s all day long(with stock suspension). Slipping the clutch netted me a 1.66 as my best ever 60' without a wrinkle wall. I tried nitto 555etremes and those blew pole. Much trickier of a tire to get hooked up. With regular trips to the strip, 5-8 second burnouts quite often, and quite a bit of daily driving I was getting about 8-10K miles a set for the ETs. I tried BFG g-force T/A DRs as well Comp T/A DRs and wasn't terribly impressed with either. Great hole shot and pretty forgiving, but just not what I was looking for in a tire.

If it's for going in a straight line real fast you can't beat a mickey thompson
Old 11-04-2004, 07:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Stage 4+ Bugeye
Dry application: BF Goodrich G-Sport T/A KD (Key Dry)

Dry & Wet application: BF Goodrich G-Sport T/A KDW (Key Dry / Wet)

All Season application: BF Goodrich G-Sport

Just my .02 Check the stats on the skidpad for the KD's. "Best performing street radial"

Rush
Old 11-04-2004, 08:48 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by WRX Rush
Dry application: BF Goodrich G-Sport T/A KD (Key Dry)

Dry & Wet application: BF Goodrich G-Sport T/A KDW (Key Dry / Wet)

All Season application: BF Goodrich G-Sport

Just my .02 Check the stats on the skidpad for the KD's. "Best performing street radial"

Rush

i was going to get the KD's but i want something even better thats why i asked about R compound tires. i think i found my match tho the Toyo RA-1's. they have the exact size i want.

Originally Posted by illusion
I ran MT Street ET radials on my SS, only about $180 for 315/60/15s. Those things hooked up Sooooo nice. Beware though, they have so much traction you need to learn to slip the clutch or you'll bog like a mother. Dumping the pedal I'd get 1.90s all day long(with stock suspension). Slipping the clutch netted me a 1.66 as my best ever 60' without a wrinkle wall. I tried nitto 555etremes and those blew pole. Much trickier of a tire to get hooked up. With regular trips to the strip, 5-8 second burnouts quite often, and quite a bit of daily driving I was getting about 8-10K miles a set for the ETs. I tried BFG g-force T/A DRs as well Comp T/A DRs and wasn't terribly impressed with either. Great hole shot and pretty forgiving, but just not what I was looking for in a tire.

If it's for going in a straight line real fast you can't beat a mickey thompson
Good info i was told those tires are the best. although i was looking for a more 'road racing' tire. if i do get a set of drag tires those are what i would get.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:55 PM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
I don't recommend driving on r-compound tires if you aren't driving on the track. They are considerably stickier, but they are also considerably less forgiving. They dont give you nearly as much audible feedback of their breakaway point and nothing short of completely crazy irresponsible and stupid street driving could require R-compound tires for backroad driving. They're competition tires for a reason. Its cause its not humanly possible to drive even the hardest backroads on more than max performance street tires.

Disagree with me if you want, but please take care of yourself. These tires are not going to make you invincible on backroads, and are infinitely harder than street tires to recover when you're in trouble.

If you have a lot of track experience and I'm completly mistaken about your use for these tires then disregard what I've said, but nobody should be driving competition radials on backroads. Youll be carrying more speed than you're used to thinking you're fine and then all of a sudden youll smack something unfriendly.

The street is not a track. The backroads are not mini-public tracks. Mountain roads do not ave much runoff, and the ones that do have runoff have runoff over cliffs.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:00 PM

Oh, and my suggestion if you're actually going to run R-comps are the Dunlop Super Sport Race tires. They're stickier than Victoracers and last a long time. Tirerack has them on special for about $120 for a limited time till they run out of stock. Excellent tire, great rain performance but still awesome dry performance in a real r-comp tire designed for street/track school use.

Not as sticky as hoosier's but a lot cheaper and last long too.

They come in 225/45/17 and 245/40/17 and maybe 255/40/17 too. I'm not sure about the last size.

I am going to be running some Toyo RA1s on my STi once my RE070's run out, but thats only beacuse I run two or more track days a month.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:55 AM
VIP Member

Thank you resident smurf for the info, i will deffinatly take it into consideration. As i said earlier in the thread i was planning on getting something like the BFgoodrich G-force ta KD's so maybe i will just get something like that, if as you said R tires arent really good for the street. I still have a while to decide, i have SO-2's on now.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by razorlab
Did you just copy-paste that from the tirerack site or have you actually had a set of those tires long enough to make that observation?

Blue Blur, I am currently running KD's on the street and they are probably the stickest street tire I have run yet, but that comes at a price.
Wow thanks a lot for giving me the benefit of the doubt!!

Actually I have a lot of friends who track their M3's who have run on Victoracers before who switched to Dunlop SSR's. After 2 track events they show very little wear and one has even commented that they "grip better then V700s."

They just came out literally a couple months ago and have a very rain-friendly tread pattern, yet put a lot of meat on the ground. the SSR's are excellent tires and I plan on getting a set for my M's track wheels. My STi will be riding on RA-1s since the SSR's dont have STi-friendly plus sizes available.

Quick Reply: What are the most stickiest beyond stickiest tires out there??