Videos Share your video finds and personal videos. No pRon or NWS videos, please.

A few kenpo moves

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 11:15 AM

Car Info: SOLD 05 RS - 35PSI -- In My Tires
wow....
Old 06-29-2005, 12:07 PM

Car Info: POS
think of the big islander cook from 50 first dates
Old 06-29-2005, 10:11 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Looks good...

Choreography is wonderful. He should take those awesome moves to the ring and take the title away from Chuck Liddell...lol.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
In a sense it's choreogrephy, there are hundreds of techniques like that in the kenpo system that deal with reaction to strikes in certain situations (the first video illustrates this well) ie. if you strike th midsection, the head will drop and the target will come to you. And striking soft spots... throat, nose, joints, nerves, ***** etc... So in another sense instead of it being "coreography" it comes to be involentary reaction after millions of repetitions and years of practice .
Old 06-30-2005, 02:19 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Just because they were there first, doesn't mean they should go around beating up people for being there, epecially the way that they do: with five other Mokes. With an ignorant comment like yours, I think you answered the Troll call.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:33 AM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
oooh man, sorry this thread got a trolls attention. now this thread needs troll-be-gone

anyway.
any vids of this stuff in action?
i'm a bit curious to see how a person actually getting hit with these would react.
kinda get the feeling like, you realize you got hit by the time you got nailed a good 5 times.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:32 AM
VIP Member

How did this thread turn to a racial issue? Anyhoo
Old 06-30-2005, 11:04 AM

Car Info: Vishnu Stg.1 2003 WRX
I have taken Kenpo in the past while I was in high school. The first strike is usually very hard and direct to stun and breifly incapacitate the opponent. The strikes that follow can vary from light quick strikes to another hard strike before the effect of the first strike wears off. It looks like its fake, but it pretty effective. A series of effective strikes should stop the attacker in about 5 seconds. I don't know about a Moke though......you could bash them for hours and they probably would not feel a thing! Oh well...can't win em all. Personally I would not be in a situation where I would have to fight someone that big and strong in the first place.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:49 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
I'm sure it works...but...

Unless you're a true MASTER at that stuff...better use something a little more tried and true. Like good ole fashion ground and pound. It works,...really well. With just a little bit of training you can hurt someone pretty bad. I've seen plenty of guys that could kick the sh*t out of a dummy and it looked good,...but that's about it.

Don't get me wrong, I know the stuff works. It's just there are tons of guys that are claiming to be masters at it but when it comes to a real brawl with some prizon "swol" ex-con, they get their asses handed to them. In the end though nobody wins in a fight, one guy just walks away a little bit less hurt than the other.

Now of course if you're going up against some yahoo, thats not really expecting it, or someone that just wants to have a shoving match, yea, you start throwing moves like that at him and you're going to rip him a new A-hole. But really, how often do you see anyone doing that in a ring during a bare knuckles match or here in the states at a UFC fight?
Old 06-30-2005, 11:50 PM
VIP Member

OK, This is where people get it wrong, the UFC is a controlled situation, not a street fight, same as boxing and other "sports", it has rules, many proven techniques in self defense systems are illegal in events like the UFC and Valle Tudo. You're fighting on a padded mat with padded gloves for crying out loud. You can't just poke your opponent in the eye, punch him in the adams apple, kick him in the nuts or even strike him on the ground. That's why certain systems like this have been developed over hundreds of years, they work for the most part and give an advantage to the practitioner. The philosophy of a streetfight is to end the fight as fast as possible with the least amount of effort. That's why you strike "soft spots". It's not to easy to grapple or perform an armbar or ankle lock on concrete, even a bjj expert wouldn't want to go to the ground in a streetfight, and nobody wants a boxing slugfest. Speaking from experience most people who train in martial arts don't do it because they like beating people up, they do it for many other reasons such as self confidence, fitness, enlightenment and even as a stress or social outlet. Martial arts were meant to give the student or master an edge on his opponent, not make him an invencible super man. You'd be suprised how many people talk trash or try to pick fights if they know you study martial arts. A true enthusiast keeps an open mind, is constantly learning and always evolving.

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 07-01-2005 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:58 PM

Car Info: 2004 Prodrive Suabru Impreza WRX
By the way it's not Kempo it's JKD. Look it up if you don't know...
Old 07-10-2005, 10:24 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by antdiesel3
By the way it's not Kempo it's JKD. Look it up if you don't know...
It's not Japanese Kempo, it's american Kenpo, The first vid is JKD, JKD has borrowed the best techniques from each style for the last 35 years while Ed Parker has been developing many of them since the 50's. Bruce Lee was a prodigy, it's said that before his unfortunate, untimely passing that he was incorperating jujitsu grappeling and even some greco before Royce Gracie made it popular 30 years later. Post some more JKD video links if you can

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 07-10-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:49 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
yah more cool vids!!
Old 07-12-2005, 01:04 AM
VIP Member

This is the best I can do for now, sorry if you've already seen them (the best one won't open anymore)

http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/showthread.php?t=24711

Quick Reply: A few kenpo moves