Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

...and this is why LIC rocks!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 06:45 PM
The Seventh Sister

Car Info: MY04 Forester XT
Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
I believe Adam (not just b/c he's my brother) is a really fantastic "technician", which I feel these days is a very rare find.
Adam is a freakin' genius. He can figure out things in a matter of minutes that has other guys/techs scratching their heads for weeks.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
i <3 them, luckily i work down the street from them.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
honestly I get asked a lot if we would ever expand, build a larger place....become 10k sq. ft. and 20 lifts, really all ends of the spectrum.

here is how I look at it. I like that its me and Adam, it may be small, niche, and we can only accomodate so many but the fact of the matter is we have our system down...we are about as efficient as it comes (for 2 guys). We do complete motor builds in under 1 week (generally its 4 days to be honest), we book appointments to the minute, we stick to a schedule, and we focus on each and every customer.

I'm not a guy who considers success by having a massive shop, with uddles of employees, and tons of quality control out the window (can you have it all...sure to an extent). I know what we do and don't do best here. If you need services done, brake jobs, oil changes, everyday maintenance stuff to full intericate diagnostics done...you will have a complete package from us.

Some folks claim to be the end all be all for everything....I will never say anything like that b/c I don't suscribe to it. We can be good at most but only great at a few. I believe Adam (not just b/c he's my brother) is a really fantastic "technician", which I feel these days is a very rare find.

I guess its all on how you measure success

thanks again guys, you are what make us

-Noah
NAaa don't want you guys huge, just to open a little 2-3 stall shop in east bay, with 2-3 guys you have personally trained to do it the LIC way ...mostly because I am lazy and don't want to drive if I don't have to...That way I can spend more money more often....oh..wait that is a bad thing for my pocket book...damn.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
you the man Overbear...appreciate the compliments.

my goal would be to fix/upgrade it right the first time and have you go on your way happily for many 10's of thousands of miles <-- and to be honest, this is our core group of people

-Noah
Old 10-02-2009, 08:07 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
you the man Overbear...appreciate the compliments.

my goal would be to fix/upgrade it right the first time and have you go on your way happily for many 10's of thousands of miles <-- and to be honest, this is our core group of people

-Noah
Who are we kidding man, I know I am a total LIC fanboy now