Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

PDXTuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:16 PM

Car Info: 04' WRX Silver Scooby
Question PDXTuning

Has anyone used PDXTuning's Cobb upgraded maps? I just found them on another subie board but I haven't gotten a chance to dig for some info and just wondered if anyone on here has worked with them or their maps?

Thanks
Old 05-01-2007, 09:27 PM

Car Info: 03 sonic yellow/java black pearl wagon
I have. Twice. Excellent results both times. My vf34 map was so good that all my tuner could do was add 5 whp , 8 pounds TQ , move the curve to the left and hold power closer to redline. The tuner was Tim Bailey of PDX. He wrote my maps. The key is to data log after you get your map. If needed it will be tweaked for even more power. You must do it quickly to get the best service. I still recommend a dyno tune if you can get one. If not this a great improvement over a Cobb base map.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:18 AM

Car Info: 04 WRB WRX
are you both talking about the maps you order from the website? i have been thinking about ordering one but can never get a straightforward answer on how good they are and if they are worth the $150
Old 05-02-2007, 03:52 AM

Yes I am. I made 274 whp on my vf34 set up. I highly recommend them. I still prefer a dyno tune but an email map followed up by data logging works well. They send you the map. You email tem your data. Then they will revise it if needed . Plus you get professional tuners checking your datalogs to insure that the map is not hurting your car.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:57 AM

Question

How do you pull a data log if you're using a Cobb AP?:yo:

And thanks for the input on PDX
Old 05-02-2007, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by sylencce
How do you pull a data log if you're using a Cobb AP?:yo:

And thanks for the input on PDX
You can use Tari Racing's ECU explorer, a laptop and your AP cable to do that. Enginuity may be better, Tari's site appears to be down.

Last edited by nitavern; 05-02-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:34 AM

Cool

Sweet and thanks for all the input. As always I-CLUB RULES

:armee_smilies108:
Old 05-03-2007, 01:04 PM

so i buy a pdx map, run it, log it using my ap 2.0 cable and the free enginuity software on a laptop, send in logs and get a better map? hope that all came out right...is enginuity pretty easy to use for logging purposes?
Old 05-03-2007, 01:53 PM

Kirb, from what I can tell it's that simple and the PDX guy says that's what it takes. I downloaded the Enguinuity software and the log section looks really basic and easy. I'm really looking forward to this and I think this could be one of the best kept secrets on the board to date. Why wouldn't you upgrade your map, log it and then send it back for tweaking for only $150.00? Especially if other people are saying this is almost as good as a custom tune...

I'm on it and i'm in the que for my maps. It should be some time next week when I get them and I can't wait. I'm prepping one of my company laptops as we speak so I can run the data log a few times before I get my new maps to make sure I do everything right...

GAME ON
Old 05-03-2007, 10:01 PM

let me know how it works out, what is ur setup?
Old 05-04-2007, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by kirbwrx
so i buy a pdx map, run it, log it using my ap 2.0 cable and the free enginuity software on a laptop, send in logs and get a better map? hope that all came out right...is enginuity pretty easy to use for logging purposes?

That's all there is to it. I can't speak for the enginuity software as I use ECU Explorer. I have friends that use it and they like it just fine. Just remember to gather your data and get it back to them fast. They are constantly making maps and tweaking them. The faster you get it back to them the better. I would imagine getting the initial map out to the customer that has already paid but has no map takes priority over someone waiting for a revision. If you are concerned about waiting to find out if the map is hurting your car post your data in the proper forum. If anyone sees knock events or lean/rich condition they will be sure to post.

My PDX map was a big improvement over the Cobb map after data logging and getting a revision. I am not criticizing Cobb's map. Their maps have to be good for the entire country/climate/components etc. Plus it is their hardware/software that makes all of this possible to a large degree.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by kirbwrx
let me know how it works out, what is ur setup?
04 WRX Silver

Eibach Pro Kit
AEM Short Ram (Removed)
K & N Filter
Cobb Short Throw Shifter
GReddy Counterweight Shift ****
Perrin Crank Pulley
GReddy Evo 2 Exhaust
Helix Up Pipe (Just added 01/05/2005)
Helix Down Pipe - Catted (Exhaust is finished)
Samco Sillicone Hoses
Cobb Accesoport has arrived and I am OFFICIALLY stage 2!!
Hawk HPS Performance Brake Pads (Stock rotors)
Cobb Heat Shield
STI TMIC (2004)
Sard R2D2 BOV

Yoko AVS ES 100's (Summer) 225/50/WR16's and damn they are sweet!!
205/55WR-16 Kumho ECSTA ASX (Winter)
Old 05-09-2007, 06:07 AM

So I've added the upgraded PDXTuning map and I have to say, so far I'm impressed. The car feels stronger and the guys at PDX put up with all of my neurotic questions. Tonight will be the ultimate test if I can make it to the track. :character00231: :fighting0098:
Old 05-14-2007, 05:14 PM

Glad that worked out for you. Soon it will feel slow and you will go for a bigger turbo... then that will feel slow and you will go for an even bigger turbo... then that will feel slow and you will add meth. Then....
Old 05-15-2007, 05:26 AM

It's sad, but I'm already looking for a bigger turbo....

Quick Reply: PDXTuning