Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

KHS Auto- CA, Rancho Cordova

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 02:12 PM

Car Info: '04 Forester 2.5XS NA 4EAT
KHS Auto- CA, Rancho Cordova

WOW. Run Away! I needed an OEM air intake for my Subaru to pass CA emissions. I called them up and they (Adriane) said they had one. I was elated because I'd been looking for several weeks to no avail. They wanted $150 for it, (steep but my only option) plus tax and $15 shipping. I gave them my info, although they had no details besides that it was from the same car as mine. No pics, juts, yeah we got that give us a CC #. A week went by and nothing happened. I called up and was told that the one they thought they had would not fit my car. They offered to keep looking. OK, fine keep looking, let me know. In the mean time, I kept looking myself because I need to do a SMOG test to get my car registered so I could drive it. I fond one on eBay for only $60 shipped and bought it. Super duper it came in the mail and fit great. A few days later I get a bill in the mail from KHS saying they found one and shipped it. F! I called them up and said that I had expected a call first and they said that the one they thought wouldn't fit actually did after all and was already en route. When I got it the package looked like an accordion and the part was for the wrong model, wrong year, and broken. I had to spend $45 out of pocket to mail it back PLUS a 25% restocking fee! I fought tooth and nail but was told I was LUCKY, most customers only get store credit. UNBELIEVABLE. So now I am out of pocket $80 because of KHS. STAY AWAY!! I should not have to pacy return shipping on something I did not authorize the order of, especially when it was the wrong part and broken. UNBELIEVABLE.

I have to throw out some thanks to the great people at SubaruForester.org who offered to mail me their OWN intakes to borrow and helped search for the part for me. It was a stark contrast to the horrors of KHS.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:20 PM

Car Info: 91 legacy, 87 mr2, 17 forester xt
file a dispute with your credit card company!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:17 PM

Car Info: 2000 BRP 2.5rs Coupe
They are absolutely terrible I had an even worse event happen. Filled with many lies from their people. I agreed on a price for a 05 legacy engine with low miles (not sure exact mileage). They said I needed to bring in some parts off my car (a cam pulley I believe). So the day I was going to pick it up. I bring in the needed parts. The guy says actually we dont need them but takes them anyways. Although I saw another subaru engine on the ground needing the parts I was talking about. They tell me to take a complete engine they had(supposed to have Low miles). I load it up and take it, I decided to run the carfax only to find out the car had way over 150k miles supposed to have around 40-60k I believe. So I call and they tell me I can get a couple hundred $ refund. I said no after being lied to and was able to get my money back. When I came to do the refund and return. I demanded the parts I gave(cam pulley,bolts). He was very reluctant to give them to me and ended up jamming a bolt in my hand and had a terrible attitude! I would not recommend to anyone.