Big Fat Thumbs Down To Rancho Cordova Subaru Recylcer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 06:43 PM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
Thumbs down Big Fat Thumbs Down To Rancho Cordova Subaru Recylcer!

WARNING---LONG---

Man those guys pissed me off today!

In August, you are all well aware that my stock tranny took a crap on me. I am sure that you are all aware that I spent $2150 on a replacement up in Rancho Cordova (With a 6 month unlimited milage warranty IN WRITING).

I am also sure that you are all aware that I had that one installed, and it was already messed up when we put it in??? It was popping out of 4th, and jumping around bad in 3rd and 5th.

It has been a couple of months, and I am sure that you are all aware that I spent most of my "Nest egg" on a 6MT so I can get to work reliably.

About a months, PsycloneWRX (Tom) Told them of my bad tranny. They told him to tell me to bring it in for a swap. I called them to confirm, and they said, without ANY hesitation whatsoever, "Bring it in and we will get you a replacement."

My thoughts were, "Man, these guys are expensive, but they are really cool. Maybe the high cost was worth it."

WRONG!!!

Today, I lugged that bastard up there, ruining my whole Saturday. When I got there, with paperwork in hand, I was greeted with a "not so warm" welcome.

I told the guy at the desk that I had talked to someone, of who's name I wasn't certain, who told me to bring her in. I explained the circumstances and all as well.

He was like, "...Hold on a second." And went and got the "Pit boss".

Then I had to re-explain my situation, again, to this fella. He looked at me with sarcasm and said, "Who told you to bring it in for a replacement?"

I didn't know, I had to explain to him that I had been out of the country, and that I just had the swap done.

Then he examined my face for expression, and my body for language. He half rolled his eyes, and then explained that their policy has changed on WRX trannies. That they are no longer warranteeing them on modified WRX's, and only 90 days on stock cars, because they are junk...NO $hit! Did you figure that one out all by yourself there big guy? He was implying that I should fall under the new policy. Plus, I had the prior policy on my reciept! That was pretty uncalled for.

I had to plea my case that my car did not break the transmission, that it was already bad. He told me that he found that hard to believe, as the tranny only had 500 miles on it. Once again...NO $HIT SHERLOCK...I told him that was why I spent a small fortune on it when I bought it from them. I informed him that if it had sheared gears, or was broken from abuse, that I would agree, but...this was symptoms of something that could have gone wrong from the accident that the salvage had been in.

I was VERY CLOSE to threatening legal action. I did have a contract in my hand. He was acusing me of being a liar, and I did not appreciate that!

Finally, and reluctantly, he agreed to replace it...

What a bad experience I had from a company that I once believed to be "alright".

Be informed...

Andy
Old 12-07-2002, 07:45 PM

Car Info: gs300
sorry to hear that, but i'm glad that you got your tranny
Old 12-07-2002, 08:12 PM
Modilator4Rife

Andy that sounds like almost everytime I went in there for parts over the past almost 2 years. I used to go there back in 99 and they were cool enough to BS and even gave cuts on prices. I believe the ownership changed around that time since I no longer saw the guys who were there when I first started going there.
Heck the Mitsu guys next door are cool as sh*t. They spent more time helping me to find the right parts then to try and charge me $35 for $5 worth of plastic interior pieces.

Good luck with the 6 speed and finding something useful to do with the "spare" 5 speed.
Old 12-07-2002, 10:17 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX / 06 f150 King Ranch
I had a somewhat bad experience there too. I was gonna buy a WRX engine, tranny, ecu etc. Glad I didn't. The one they tried to sell me had bad valves and holes in the intake. They wanted me to pay them and they assured me that the engine would be fine, after they robbed parts from three different cars to make a complete one. I just didn't want to pay for another problem so I built up my broken 2.5 and went with that.

Paul...
Old 12-10-2002, 09:59 AM
Val
VIP Member

Re: Big Fat Thumbs Down To Rancho Cordova Subaru Recylcer!

Originally posted by BADWRX
WARNING---LONG---

I was VERY CLOSE to threatening legal action. I did have a contract in my hand. He was acusing me of being a liar, and I did not appreciate that!

Finally, and reluctantly, he agreed to replace it...

What a bad experience I had from a company that I once believed to be "alright".

Be informed...

Andy
Call your local BBB (Better Business Bureau) or the local Bureau of Automotive Repair to help you out. They can work wonders. Trust me , I know!

Val