Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

+Infinite for Lic Motorsports!! Amazing!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 03:26 PM

+Infinite for Lic Motorsports!! Amazing!

Let me first start off by saying I’m a picky person, and I do quality assurance (QA) for a living in the Silicon Valley. I know a fair amount about cars, etc. and a lot about customer service and genuine people/actions.

Now let me start, this is by far the best and most amazing car mechanic/shop that I have ever been to by a looooong shot. I’ve been to most the local shops in the Bay Area and they just don’t hold a candle to the service/information/work that LIC provides. They did a crapload of suspension, clutch, a couple other things/small repairs. The guys stayed extra late for me to pick up my car because I was coming from so far, and they were happy to do it! They also worked on my car way past 9-5. The mechanic stuck around when I picked up my car and totally blew me away. A lot of places I guess will keep the mechanic around, but they also hide and never want questions or to talk to you (almost acting guilty or just like they plain don’t want to talk to you), but at LIC the mechanic was happy to see me, was a very nice guy and chatted it up with me. Then he told me he hoped I enjoyed my car and he was going home (most likely he was staying late waiting for me to pick up my ride). Also the contact back and forth I got from LIC was truly amazing. They found a couple problems on my car I didn’t ask them to look for or mention, and then on top of it fixed them at awesome pricing. I could tell they truly checked out my car because I asked them to look at a couple things like the exhaust etc…, not only did they provide me with tons of answers to my questions about what they observed, but found those other issues that were completely unrelated and in a completely different area of the car (meaning they went out of their way to check out areas of my car I didn't even ask for or pay for). They recommended a clutch for me, I’m picky as I said and commute but don’t want a pos clutch. The kit I got is amazing, and exactly what I wanted pedal feel wise, and it holds a good am. of power!
Honestly their attitude is, how can we do every single thing to get the customers needs met/ make him feel comfortable, and to make sure the car is what he wants and he feels good about it. And they do a flawless job, they have a mutli camera system in their shop with sound streaming online, so you can literally watch your car being worked on, see what has been completed (thanks to list on the page that is updated as they finish tasks on your car). They have a live chat and are always there to talk to you. They kept my car inside without me asking. As I said, This was the most amazing experience with car work I’ve ever had, it more than exceeded my expectations by a huge margin. Thanks so much you guys, my car is awesome, you guys kick rock!
Old 08-10-2007, 04:33 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Awesome detailed review! I think every other LIC customer would completely agree with your observations. Its by far the best place to take your subie and its well worth the drive for a lot of us
Old 08-10-2007, 04:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
sounds like your experience there was similar to mine. When I was there waiting for my car they were working on another guys car that problems kept arising with and instead of telling the guy "thats the amount of time we allotted for your car, come back some other time" they stayed as late as the customer wanted to. They waited there til after 8:00 the night I dropped off my car and then drove me where I needed to go to get a ride from a family member. When I picked up my car Adam worked on my car until 8:00 or so at night fixing a problem that wasn't even a serious issue. And then, after my manual tranny got put in, Noah gave me a half hour long MT review so I could actually drive home. Not to mention the months preceding my car being brought in Noah answered every question I had the best that he could and in a timely manner. Its an hour longer drive than most of the bay area shops for me, but I'll definitely go back to get any other work done (already planning on going ot them to install koni inserts)
Old 08-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
First off on behalf of LIC Motorsports, Thank You for such a in depth review.

I've always mentioned in the past that we (meaning everyone here at LIC) really do try to put ourselves in your shoes. We have also put a lot of time and money into our own cars, so we do recognize the importance that your wants/needs are handled in the manner of which the customer deserves/expects.

At the end of the day its all about keeping the smile on your face; it's of the utmost importance and ranks up there as one of the top 3 items we strive for.

Thank you again for putting your trust in us and choosing LIC!

-Noah

Last edited by LICmotorsports; 08-11-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:35 PM
SK

Car Info: an EQ tuned box
It's definitely worth the drive to LIC.

At the later part of last year, I was having difficulty with my tune. The FXT basically suffered from fuel cut in high gear WOT. At the advice of a friend (Roo) @ Marin Subaru, I stopped by LIC.

While pulling up to the front, I can already hear the folks in the shop saying, "There's a Forester out front. Do we have one for an appointment today?".

Haha, NO.

I basically dropped in at a busy hour, waltz in and started asking for advice & suggestion regarding the state of my vehicle.

Adam was helpful right away, answering my questions. As we stood there in our conversation, Noah (while busy with another vehicle ) came over, with dirty hands and all, pulled out a technical manual and start looking up the codes in question.

Seriously now... I have no appointment, have never done business with the shop before, and I wasn't buying anything that day. Yet these guys displayed the kind of customer service you'd only read or seen on brochures. You know, the 'testimonials' that you read on some pamphlets or back of a magazine and say to yourself "That's bullsh1t. That is so paid advertisement".

Well this is no bullsh1t. These guys are that cool.

I've recently picked up a new turbo and a few supporting mods. Guess which shop I'm heading to....