Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

Another happy EQ customer!

Old 09-09-2009, 02:07 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Originally Posted by Paul_P1
Hi Ed, how do you go about troubleshooting something like this, we're lost. If we take it to an auto electrician what do we ask him to look for? I found the earth behind the stereo was disconnected, we've cleaned all of the grounds. I noticed the earth cable from the ECU housing is missing, could this cause the issue, I'll try running an earth to it tomorrow. Sorry for the thread hijack btw.

Cheers,
Paul
This kind of thing is very difficult to trouble shoot. You can either start cleaning up wiring and grounds, or start pulling wiring off until you solve the problem. In the case of the car in this thread, we just started pulling out wired in components like gauges, stereo, etc, until we found the problem piece. Then clean up all the wiring to that and re-install.

-- Ed