Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

+ 1000 for IPT!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 04:17 PM

+ 1000 for IPT!

just wanted to give a big thank you! to John + Ty @IPT for taking care of my transmission problems! They went well beyond their duties to ensure that my modded valvebody was working perfectly for my car. They are a great company to work with and stand behind their products! Great service, i just had my valvebody re-installed by Lee Myles (thank you guys for the exceptional service as well!) and so far so good. For all you 4eat guys looking to beef up their transmission a bit, IPT is the way to go!

p.s. stay way from EIP in san jose,ca. I'm still wondering if they know what they are doing. "custom transmission builds" my butt.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:49 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX black 4eat
I removed my VB, and I’m sending it to IPT today. I put so much packing around that thing; those guys are really going to love me. I just hope everything goes smoothly, with no problems when I reinstall it.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:05 PM

Car Info: 05 Saab 92x
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1418958

Report back in a little while, hopefully all should be good to go. Somewhere in the above thread it makes mention of some modded VBs not working too well....which is why I'm waiting to do it.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:47 PM

Well I tried to save a little money and had it sent back by ground shipping; so I should be getting the VB sometime Monday. When I get it in and test it with some hard driving on the back roads, I’ll post how it went.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:03 PM

And as for problems with IPT stuff: aren’t most of the problems with fully built transmissions and moded TC, not moded VB?

Many people make the mistake of getting a larger turbo and an IPT TC before the VB, that’s a problem.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:11 PM

This is great; after installing the VB I’ve had a lot of WOT fun. You can tell the difference as soon as you pull out of the driveway even at 5 MPH; bam into gear.

The biggest difference is the 3-4 gear shifts; it was so lazy before, now it feels right. Only 50 miles on it right now, so I can’t give it my full approval until I drive it a few weeks.

The only problem I can see is that two times when leaving from a stop (once at WOT the other at ½) the 4eat bounced off the redline a few times before shifting. Don’t know if that’s the TCU relearning or what; I need to do some reading to find out why this would happen.

Overall I really love this mod, and if things go well over the next few weeks I’ll recommend this to any 4eat driver.