Drivetrain Encompasses driveline components such as the torque converter, clutch, transmission, shifter, front and center differentials, driveshaft, rear differential, and axles.

Kudos to Rallitek for IPT 4EAT Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 12:25 PM

Car Info: 02 BRP 2.5RS-T
Kudos to Rallitek for IPT 4EAT Install

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly say thank you to RalliTEK and IPD for the work involved in installing a fully built 4EAT transmission from Import Performance Transmissions. I’m in the early stages of a self imposed 1500 mile break in period, after which we will put it to the old launch test. Early impressions as of now are very good, the transmission seems to handle all the post OEM power very well and is very responsive, especially in downshifts. My original goal for this was to have a transmission that would handle my daily driving as well as some enthusiastic weekends. Having owned some SVX’s in the past I am more than familiar with the issue of the Subaru 4EAT and heat. Thus the IPT transmission was the logical solution when it came to bullet proofing the tranny. Concerns will now shift to front axels I suppose LOL. As is obvious to anyone who mods there vehicle, the projects are never ending, but it does feel good to have some security in place for a transmission that is working at just a tad over stock. I would like to specifically thank Sean Sexton, Garner Thomas, Ron Wyman, and David Precechtil.

More reviews of the IPT 4EAT to follow after the break in period.