Vendor, Tuning, Service, and Parts Review Feel free to discuss vendor experiences but please don't use the forum as your own private soapbox to perpetually bash specific vendors.

- 1000 for eip racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:44 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally Posted by iflycoach
still wouldn't go there. they sent me a refund. We agreed on $350. They sent me $150. Great service.
You haven't been very forthcoming with any details.

What SORT of transmission work on what model car?

What kind of shoddy work did they do on your car that made you so unhappy? And, please, no third-party horror stories from other members unless it happened to you, specifically - first-hand accounts, only. If that's the case (and that's been posted in the sticky for a while), then we want to hear about it, but only about EIP Racing in this thread.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:03 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Lboogie
If ANYy shops mechanics arent certified, they arent worth more than $50/hour in my opinion. I feel like prices are going up every year but quality of service is shrinking.
Certified to what/which standard?
I know plenty of Certified SUbaru Techs that don't know ****.
I know plenty of "Shade Tree" Techs that routinely out perform "real" techs.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Wingless Wonder
You haven't been very forthcoming with any details.

What SORT of transmission work on what model car?

What kind of shoddy work did they do on your car that made you so unhappy? And, please, no third-party horror stories from other members unless it happened to you, specifically - first-hand accounts, only. If that's the case (and that's been posted in the sticky for a while), then we want to hear about it, but only about EIP Racing in this thread.
Please read the exchanges with HUNTER. I have been very forthcoming regarding my issues with them.
Details: here are some brief details if you want more you can PM me.
Transmission work:
04 wrx stock torque converter + 04 wrx stock valvebody swap with 02 wrx Level10 modded Torque converter + 02 wrx ipt modded valvebody
B&M transmission cooler install + transmission temp gauge install. Change tranny fluids to amsoil synthetic ATF + amsoil severe gear (i provided the fluids)
What went wrong:
1. It ended taking them 5 days to complete what they quoted me as 2 days.
2. I gave them contact information of the builder/installer from where i got my parts from well in advance so that they could contact them about the swap in case they had any questions or just so they would know what to expect.
3. It took forever to swap out/install the parts because apparently they had no idea what they were doing and kept asking somebody else (whose number I provided them). They would encounter a problem and come to a dead stop... wait for a phone call... and try again. What would happen if i had not provided them with the contact number of a better more experienced installer?! I cringe when i think how my transmission would have ended up.
4. He "test drove" my car and gave it an all clear after they had installed my parts. (i heard him roaring it down the street, come to a stop and try it again... probably toook about 10 minutes of driving altogether?)
5. Less than a day later, i ended up with a check engine light. It was transmission related.
6. By the performance, after awhile, even i could tell something was wrong. It became pretty obvious that the valvebody was not compatible with my year WRX. EIP's expert tuner/custom transmission builder, did not pick this up on his "test drive".
7. Pretty obvious signs that something was wrong. Revs would only go up to 4000 rpm and stall there when accelerating. Shifts were very hard and jolting. Down shifting was inconsistant. Overall driving was very jolty. When shifting from park to drive, the car would jolt almost as if it wasn't quite in gear. Acceleration off the line was less than impressive. Those are just some examples.
8. It took one individual from Lee Myles transmission ONE single drive down a street in my car to tell that it wasn't working right, and the problem was the transmission. How EIP's expert tuner/custom transmission build could not pick this up on his "test drive"... i don't know.
9. Last example of their shaddy business practice... i called them up to see if they would refund me money due to the shaddy install they had done and the ridiculous time it took them to do it.. (i was not looking for any compensation of the work i had to have done after EIP messed up on the install), they quoted me $350, asked me why i gave them negative feedback on i-club... and 2 months later ended up only getting $150.

This is all FIRST hand account. My car now runs GREAT, thanks to the heroic efforts by IPT and Lee Myles transmission! The people here at Lee Myles sure don't brag about the work they do... but it is quality! and they really know what they are talking about when it comes to transmissions!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:28 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally Posted by iflycoach
Please read the exchanges with HUNTER. I have been very forthcoming regarding my issues with them.
Details: here are some brief details if you want more you can PM me.
Transmission work:
04 wrx stock torque converter + 04 wrx stock valvebody swap with 02 wrx Level10 modded Torque converter + 02 wrx ipt modded valvebody
B&M transmission cooler install + transmission temp gauge install. Change tranny fluids to amsoil synthetic ATF + amsoil severe gear (i provided the fluids)
Thank you for the clarification. Now I know that EIP had problems working on your automatic transmission, although I still have to guess if your car is an '04 WRX. I don't doubt that you had problems with EIP, but you only get specific when it comes to the customer service issues. I like to know exactly what type of work was requested on what type of car, along with the customer service problems.

I also don't doubt that Hunter had a much better customer experience than you did. That's how it goes, sometimes. I'm glad that both of you shared your experiences with EIP Racing with us.

I was asked by a co-worker about the reliability of new Subaru vehicles and on my recommendation he bought a 2006 Legacy Outback. Within 10,000 miles he's had a lot of problems with electrical, interior trim, and drivetrain, including an engine noise that required the shortblock to be rebuilt with new pistons. He's had a good experience with the dealership itself but he'll never buy another Subaru again. I have no idea why his new Subaru has so many defects.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:03 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Certified to what/which standard?
I know plenty of Certified SUbaru Techs that don't know ****.
I know plenty of "Shade Tree" Techs that routinely out perform "real" techs.
He probably means ASE certified. Some people still believe in credentials I guess.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:04 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Lurk
He probably means ASE certified. Some people still believe in credentials I guess.
I'm hoping that my BSME degree is acceptable.

I understand his point; ASE credentials used to mean something.
I can't tell you the number of Wyotech, UTI, etc "graduates" that come to my shop looking for work and they have no idea how to work on a car.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:55 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
I can't tell you the number of Wyotech, UTI, etc "graduates" that come to my shop looking for work and they have no idea how to work on a car.
qft.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:27 AM

Car Info: WRX TR MY07
I've only had minor jobs done there but I've had no issues. Good prices, fast turnarounds, friendly.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:38 AM

bump... still no good review to post.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:20 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
I'm hoping that my BSME degree is acceptable.

I understand his point; ASE credentials used to mean something.
only if you passed the EIT. PE is an extra bonus
Old 09-13-2008, 12:09 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by sigma pi
only if you passed the EIT. PE is an extra bonus
EIT is a joke. anybody who even remotely stayed awake during an engineering degree program should be able to pass this with one hand tied behind their back.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:14 PM

Car Info: WRX 07
So i got into an accident about 7 months back and my car became salvaged title. But, sadly was that there was no body damage done to my car what so ever, only under body damage. Front bumper and rims were only things damaged(besides breaking all my suspension and pretty much everything underneath). So i took it to EIP...and to my surprise after pickin up my car, my front fender dented, both driver and rear passenger doors dented...and my rear panel was not only dented in but paint chipped off. So pretty much I went to eip to get MORE damage done to my car. And they refuse to fix it, even though i have pictures of my car at the site of the accident and there is no body damage done. Went in to talk to them and this is there response, "we are not responsible for any damage done to your car while here." After talkin with them for alittle longer.. this is there solution to what they did to my car, " you supply all the parts to fix your car(meaning two new doors fender and rear panel..) and we will installl for free." Which is ridiculus, and then this is there final response to help me, "we will try to fix it as is, but don't complain to us if you dont like it after were done" What the hell kind of response is that, ok so Im going to get my car fixed but i shouldnt get mad if they make it look worse.

EIP can go to hell in my opinion.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:02 PM

Car Info: 02 MBP wagon
Originally Posted by RussB
EIT is a joke. anybody who even remotely stayed awake during an engineering degree program should be able to pass this with one hand tied behind their back.
As a UCB bsme grad, the EIT was painful. I passed first time, but dam, it was no joke. I assume you got your PE too then? since its supposed to be easier than EIT? Any advice on getting your PE? Im taking the test next april.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by nolan
As a UCB bsme grad, the EIT was painful. I passed first time, but dam, it was no joke. I assume you got your PE too then? since its supposed to be easier than EIT? Any advice on getting your PE? Im taking the test next april.
haven't taken the PE yet, not really sure if i'm going to. it depends on the industry and what your goals are as to whether or not a PE license is needed.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:43 PM

Car Info: Subaru 2009 Forester
In my city, there is no many places like these shops.
you have no choice,just one or two shops can do that!
I thing the service is for more worse

Quick Reply: - 1000 for eip racing