Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

www.lp.org

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 11:22 AM

www.lp.org

I just want to urge all of you who hate Bush and Kerry to vote your conscience.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
i would go lp if it wasnt for the whole throw away your vote thing. Basicly i dont liek kerry to much, but he is better then bush in my view. So kerry it is just to spite bush basicly.

Wish there was a real third party to vote for.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:42 PM

Well we gotta start somewhere. Whether it's LP or Greens or Nader or a write-in, vote your conscience. That's the only way we will ever get out of this.
Old 09-18-2004, 01:22 PM

Meh the third party won't win anything till the realize they don't have enough support from people. Till they start holding their votes and supporting other parties and for their support they gain power in the government they will never get anywhere. By voting your conscience this election your basically throwing away your vote. (If don't like Bush or Kerry.) Till they recognize these facts they will never get anywhere.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:47 PM

I don't follow you. How does supporting the DNC or the GOP help the third parties?
Old 09-18-2004, 08:04 PM

Do you agree that if all the LP voted for a certain canidate that, he would win? Ok, so you strike a deal with that leader of that party. We will vote for you if you will do this for us. So basically you start using your votes as a power play. They give you certain things you want and in return you vote for them. Untill you guys become more popular in the nation and eventually gain a seat in the senate or congress etc... But the way its being done now its pointless. Your candiate will never have any power. Since their is no way in hell he can ever win right now. That explain it better? If it didn't I would gladly explain further because I actually support third parties.
Old 09-18-2004, 08:51 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
...Wish there was a real third party to vote for.
LP is a real third party...it's just that too many people say/think along the same lines as you, "Why vote 3rd Party, they'll never win."
If everyone that shared this thought would vote 3rd Party, the Demoncats & Repuke-cans would take notice.

As Nike says, Just Do It.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
*points Oaf towards a site explaining the electoral college*
Old 09-18-2004, 11:47 PM

LP is not even close to having enough votes to win the Election. Not only that they don't have the money.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:34 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
*points Oaf towards a site explaining the electoral college*
The Electoral College seems to be a necessary evil still needed in the US.

I am aware how the EC works...so if a 3rd Party candidate clearly received the majority of the popular vote, you think they'd still award EC votes to either a Dem or Rep candidate?
Can you say "lawsuit" or "armed revolution"?

But you are correct for us voters in PRK. Any votes for a non Democrat candidate are wasted.

Blah!
Old 09-19-2004, 11:00 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Its not always about winning

Originally Posted by Unregistered
LP is not even close to having enough votes to win the Election. Not only that they don't have the money.
A good voter turn-out for a thrird party helps assure them of a place on the ticket next time.

And if you really think that money is a good measure of a political parties chances, you deserve to have a republican dictatorship, cause that is who has most of the money.

The LP is about principles, its about returning this country to the concepts of freedom and responsibility that the nation was founded on.

And here in CA, Kerry is probably going to win anyway, so unless we turn fully into a swing state I'll vote my party ticket- LP all the way.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:28 AM

So your telling me the amount of money you have to run a election doesn't matter? Your not thinking realistically if you believe that. My sister has run several campagins and she has told me the samething over and over again. Money is VERY important in getting your message out there.

I have nothing against third parties, but to be honest I have no clue what their message really is. Or what their candiate stands for. Why? Because no comercials no big rallies no phone calls no nothing. Money plays a big part in politics and untill they have the big bucks, they won't play with the big dogs.

Also read up four posts up on what I think they should do if want to enter the arena.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:00 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
fact is the LP is already in the arena, you can wait for the mainstream media to recognize that, if that ever happens, or you can research it a little on your own.

If you took a minute or two out of your busy day and went to their page and read their platform and position statements you might have a clue as to what their message is.

But if you think you can get all the information you need to make an intelligent decision from FOX news, you can go with their fair and balanced version of reality.

You'll see plenty of commercials and big rallies from the republicrats and demolicans there.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:52 PM

Don't watch fox news.

Lets see the Democrats have 240 million to play with and the Republicans have 260 million dollars. You need to be seen and active by all to play in this game. Your really fooling yourself if you think that LP has a shot in hell for the Presedency. At this time they don't. They don't even hold a seat in the Senate.

Money plays a big part in politics. Why else would their be lobbiest that get paid millions a year if lobbying didn't work? In this day in age you need money to pay for flights, rallies, staff, commercials, etc... to be a viable national candiate. Also you need a vaiable candiate that will appeal to a wide range of people. Nadar ain't it. (Forget if he's running for LP or not.) But Nadar will never get close to winning the presedency.

Again, its not like im against LP. I just think they don't have a shot at this point in time. They need to do what I said a couple of post up to get some kind of national power and press coverage.