Teh Politics Forum Rumors and lies and Teh Iraqi Info Minister and much much more...

WTF dont they get?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 10:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
WTF dont they get?

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/10/rice-qaeda-saddam/

Maybe they know something the rest of the world doesnt...

At least i hope so.... I would hate to think that this administration is THAT OUT OF TOUCH with reality...
Old 09-10-2006, 10:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
"Unlikely" What exactly does that mean? And why are liberals and dems jumping on this like irrefutable evidence? Nice to know that civil engineers aren’t working in the intelligence dept or running this committee.

Seems like everyone is trying to protect their asses with nothing worthwhile to support anything really...

I like how this admin is the only one being attacked for following bad intelligence... as if nobody else followed the same intelligence in congress. They even admitted in 2004 that their intelligence wasn't as solid as the CIA and other agencies had presented it to them (etc). Congress may not recieve the same daily briefings as the President but they sure as hell aren't given intelligence that differs by leaps and bounds.

Congress and damn near everyone else under the sun reminds me of a bunch of kids blaming their bad test grade because the kid (Bush) they copied studied the wrong things (CIA intel).

Last edited by Salty; 09-10-2006 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:27 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Dems and libs keep bringing this up for the same reason that conservatives and republicans keep saying there IS a link: to solidify their constituancy. The republicans have been so succesful at polarizing this country against itself that everyone is too caught up in the system to do their jobs. It's pathetic.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:08 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by MVWRX
The republicans have been so succesful at polarizing this country against itself that everyone is too caught up in the system to do their jobs. It's pathetic.
f*ck you hippie

lol, just kidding
Old 09-11-2006, 09:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Dems and libs keep bringing this up for the same reason that conservatives and republicans keep saying there IS a link: to solidify their constituancy. The republicans have been so succesful at polarizing this country against itself that everyone is too caught up in the system to do their jobs. It's pathetic.
I understand this but what do you mean by "to do their jobs?" What jobs?
Old 09-11-2006, 09:55 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Dems and libs keep bringing this up for the same reason that conservatives and republicans keep saying there IS a link: to solidify their constituancy. Both Parties have been so succesful at polarizing this country against itself that everyone is too caught up in the system to do their jobs. It's pathetic.
Amen.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti
Originally Posted by Salty
"Unlikely" What exactly does that mean? And why are liberals and dems jumping on this like irrefutable evidence? Nice to know that civil engineers aren’t working in the intelligence dept or running this committee.

Seems like everyone is trying to protect their asses with nothing worthwhile to support anything really...

I like how this admin is the only one being attacked for following bad intelligence... as if nobody else followed the same intelligence in congress. They even admitted in 2004 that their intelligence wasn't as solid as the CIA and other agencies had presented it to them (etc). Congress may not recieve the same daily briefings as the President but they sure as hell aren't given intelligence that differs by leaps and bounds.

Congress and damn near everyone else under the sun reminds me of a bunch of kids blaming their bad test grade because the kid (Bush) they copied studied the wrong things (CIA intel).
You mean OSP based intel...

The administration should eat crow for their part in effectivly bypassing most if not all of the intel community by insulating themselves with the OSP. An orginziation setup by politicians to promote their own political views via intel gathering. Goes back to the reason to the fundamental theory of having intelligence be independent of political motives and objectives. (not to say that the intel once it has been collected and analyzed cant be used for political gains or objectives)
Old 09-11-2006, 05:50 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by Salty
I understand this but what do you mean by "to do their jobs?" What jobs?

Hahaha...yeah really...they aren't REALLY expected to be discussing and drafting bills, or showing up to vote in the house and senate or anything...
Old 09-11-2006, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
Amen.

You're right, both are partially to blame...but republican strategists have made it no secret that they want the country polarized so they can win, while several democratic strategists (and politicians) have voiced that unifying the country would be good for the democrats (and the country).